bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer Request From Ray  (Read 9621 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Prayer Request From Ray
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 08:44:36 AM »

Isa 40:29  He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength.

"Leaning on Him, make with reverent meekness
His own thy will,
And with strenght from Him shall thy utter weakness
 Life’s task fulfil." J.G. Whittier ~  founding member of the American Anti-Slavery Society and signed the Anti-Slavery Declaration of 1833, which he often considered the most significant action of his life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Greenleaf_Whittier

Arc
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 08:45:43 AM by Arcturus »

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 11:48:29 PM »

Ray was definitely fatigued. All I kept thinking post-conference was.. "I really hope he gets some rest tonight..". I can only imagine the pain he went through this previous week, and the effort it took to continue on with the conference.

Will continue to pray for him and his wife.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 12:19:23 AM »

Ray was definitely fatigued. All I kept thinking post-conference was.. "I really hope he gets some rest tonight..". I can only imagine the pain he went through this previous week, and the effort it took to continue on with the conference.

Will continue to pray for him and his wife.

shawn, is there any feedback you can give us about the conference? how many were in attendance? were any ministers there? anything else about ray? i guess i am just hungry to know how he did, how he was, how he is, how manuela is. just wishing i could have attended.  :(

claudia

Roy Coates

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 01:28:28 AM »

mharrell08
Global Moderator
Bible-Truths Forum Member

Re: Short and informal Bible Study August 21, 2010 in Phenix City, Alabama
« Reply #35 on: Today at 09:46:46 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all:

The study went well yesterday. It was very similar to the study from last year, with a few other subjects talked about as well. I don't believe anyone recorded video or audio, so we won't have anything to post beside pics. I believe Vangie has a few along with whatever copies Ray's wife, Manuella, gives her.

Thank you to Timothy Littleton for organizing the event. Timothy makes every conference and is always helpful with Ray as well as the brethren. And the food was good too! 

Everyone was real nice and respectful...even one or two attendees who may not have agreed with Ray's teachings from the scriptures. From what Timothy told us, everyone felt Ray's study was something they had never heard before. If God is opening their understanding, they'll continue to grow in the Truth, so that is comforting.

Marques

Report to moderator    Logged 

Dennis Vogel
Administrator
Bible-Truths Forum Member

Re: Short and informal Bible Study August 21, 2010 in Phenix City, Alabama
« Reply #36 on: Today at 10:19:58 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ray said none of the ministers attended. They all backed out.

soberxp

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 09:04:52 AM »

:-\ so we even don't have the Transcript?

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 01:59:18 PM »

shawn, is there any feedback you can give us about the conference? how many were in attendance? were any ministers there? anything else about ray? i guess i am just hungry to know how he did, how he was, how he is, how manuela is. just wishing i could have attended.  :(

claudia

I'd say there was about 25 - 30 people there. I did a head count early on and there was 22 people there but I know some people came in late, some left early.

Ray was noticeably fatigued, but overall I think he did great with all things considered. Like he stated in his prayer request email, he had been in severe pain the entire week leading up to the conference, and he had only gotten about 6 hrs or so sleep for the entire week. Personally, I'm surprised he decided to go on with it. But it's just a testament to where this man's heart is.

He touched on many different subjects. Here's a quick summary that Marques posted under http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,12098.40.html

* Understanding how we got the bible (which was based on his 2007 Conference)

* Body, Spirit, & Soul (an attendee thought 'Jesus body died, but He didn't' instead of simply Jesus dying)

* Believing the scriptures (notes contained an excerpt from Lake of Fire 5)

* Baptism (there is an entire section of email reply from Ray under 'Baptize'

* Tithing (same notes from tithing paper)

* Spurious passages (touched on this list)

* Is Hell literal? (notes contain section from Exposing 23 minutes in hell paper)

* Why the Resurrection is important (mostly pointed out the scriptures from 1 Corinthians chapter 15)

* Explained, in great detail, all the signs, symbols, & metaphors from the book of Revelation & Daniel

Hope this helps,

Marques

P.S. Just kidding about that last one up...  ;D

The ministers didn't show up, though one attendee did disagree with Ray regarding Jesus' death (as Marques noted above). Ray covered many angles on the Body, Spirit, & Soul; and most importantly, how important Jesus' death was.

Overall, I'd say for most forum members, you probably are already well-versed in most of the subjects that were covered if you've read the material on the site, watched videos, listened to the audio, etc. The conference was really geared towards people who were really new to most of the things we've already been exposed to, which I think is what Ray was hoping for. Still though, I had a great time getting to meet Ray and others. I just hope and pray his health will be restored so he can have future conferences and writings.

But always, as God wills.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:00:53 PM by Shawn »

Dawidos

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 04:39:56 PM »

Sometimes I regret I don't live in the USA, because there is no chance for me to attend Bible studies conducted by Mr. Smith. His illness is very depressing news  :-[ :-[ though it's interesting that many valuable, good and brilliant people (Mr. Smith is an example of them) suffers from very troublesome diseases, when others, opposed to them, enjoy good, long and smooth life.

Samson

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 09:07:30 PM »

Sometimes I regret I don't live in the USA, because there is no chance for me to attend Bible studies conducted by Mr. Smith. His illness is very depressing news  :-[ :-[ though it's interesting that many valuable, good and brilliant people (Mr. Smith is an example of them) suffers from very troublesome diseases, when others, opposed to them, enjoy good, long and smooth life.

Dawidos,

I know where your coming from, was it Asaph who asked God: " Why does it seem the Wicked always prosper." Brother, all I can say is what My Forum Friend John Popovich always says: " God is doing a strange work." Of course it's not strange to Him, but strange to us, at times.

Kind Regards and Carry On, Samson.

cjwood

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 01:27:40 AM »

shawn,
thanks bunches for the info regarding the bible study and ray. he is most definitely a dynamic man of God, and his passion is for his Saviour Jesus Christ and His Father, as well as defending the True Words of the Scriptures. ray continues to run the race on the narrow road, as depicted in the Scriptures. even when that race is routed through the valley of the shadow of death. the race we are all running. we must attain to endure and overcome the danger lurking in the largest potholes of our race course. wherever that may be. the fact that none of the ministers attended ray's bible study speaks volumes to me regarding the state of the church today. without the miracle of God opening their ears to hear, and their eyes to see the Truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ they will remain ignorant of the peace which passeth understanding. i am humbled that God the Father has/is opening my spiritual eyes and ears, as He is also doing for many on this forum and many whom we may never know about on this side of Christ's return. it is exciting to think about the many wonders that our Father does which we are never, ever aware of. just to think about His wisdom and love is beyond words.

claudia

« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 01:06:07 AM by cjwood »

margo

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 08:22:22 PM »

could I get a link on Ray's teaching Body, Soul, and Spirit?  I can not find it.  Thank you,  Margo

margo

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2010, 10:40:40 PM »

Thank you!

Joel

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2010, 11:38:17 PM »

I can count on one hand the men that God has used to make an impact on my life and Ray Smith is one of them.
I would have liked to have been there also.
Was there not video or transcript done so that those ministers that MIGHT have attended would feel more at ease?

Joel
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.