bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I asked her," Do you love me?  (Read 4923 times)

Roy Martin

I asked her," Do you love me?
« on: August 21, 2010, 08:53:48 AM »

Hello everyone,
I was recently in a lengthy debate with a woman I didn't know. We were discussing free will as she had all the scriptures that free willers use to debunk our belief. Well I finally offended her to anger. She got really mad at me, and then I ask her if she loved me; of course you don't love me I said" but you are told to love me, why can't you choose to love me, you have free will, but yet you can't love me because you despise me, and my belief. Are you going to burn  in eternal torment because you don't love me? Yes! you will according to your belief.
 I admit I didn't love her, but I want to love you, yet I can't just choose to love you of my own.
Well that ended the conversation. I never heard from her again.

Peace
Roy
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 09:40:12 AM by Roy Martin »

Samson

Re: I asked her," Do you love me?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 09:28:16 AM »

Hello everyone,
I was recently in a lengthy debate with a woman I didn't know. We were discussing free will as she had all the scriptures that free willers use to debunk our belief. Well I finally offended her to anger. She got really mad at me, and then I ask her if she loved me; of course you don't love me I said" but you are told to love me, why can't you choose to love me, you have free will, but yet you can't love me because you despise me, and my belief. Are you going to burn  in eternal torment because you don't love me? Yes! you will according to your belief.
 I admit I don't love you, but I want to love you, yet I can't just choose to love you of my own.
Well that ended the conversation. I never heard from her again.

Peace
Roy

Touche Roy,

Enjoyed your Post, but wondered what Scriptures could this Woman possible use, there aren't any Scriptures that prove "Free Will," at least that I'm aware of and yet we all believed in it, at one time. Boy, all of us are mentally hammered in believing Free Will from Day one.

That was a good and simple straight to the root of the matter answer to that Woman. My favorite one by Ray is in regards to ones eventual Death and not knowing when that's going to happen: " Free Will yourself out of that one."

On a funnier note Roy, That's got to be one of the few times I've ever heard of a Man getting into an argument with a Woman and she walks away, instead of the guy having to walk away first, let me know your secret,  ;D.

Thanks for sharing, Samson.

Roy Martin

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 10:15:44 AM »

Quote from Sampson;

On a funnier note Roy, That's got to be one of the few times I've ever heard of a Man getting into an argument with a Woman and she walks away, instead of the guy having to walk away first, let me know your secret,  Grin.

Thanks for sharing, Samson.

Sampson, your trying to get me in trouble now with the women, LOL!

On the serious side; this woman knew she would be lieing to say she loved me, or could choose to love me. She was presented with a truth she couldn't deny. I wonder though what her thoughts were about this truth.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:36:19 AM by Roy Martin »

soberxp

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 12:34:13 PM »

over here,we have a slang.
 ;)  It is good for a man not to tussle a woman.

Roy Martin

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 12:49:12 PM »

I didn't tussle with her. I didn't go looking for her. She stepped into the ring with the spirit in me, not me. For awhile it was me until the spirit stood up for me, or that's the way it seemed. The victory wasn't at all mine.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 02:14:35 PM »

.......I can't just choose to love you of my own.

Evidence of the Sovereignty of God!  8)

God gave you and caused you to apply the insight of Him you are caused of God to hold near and dear and that is very wonderful!!

1Jn 4:19  We love Him, because He first loved us.

Arc
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 02:16:30 PM by Arcturus »

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 02:26:36 PM »

It's quite remarkable about free will and we all used to believe it.  One of those doctrines of demons the scriptures warn us about.  Another thing you could ask someone is if they had free will can they choose to stop sinning and do it?  Can they use their 'free will' to overcome habits that have plagued them for years?  They certainly have a 'will' to overcome those things but their willpower means absolutely nothing when confronting their own carnality.  This one small real world example alone (that we all deal with) should break the idol of freewill right there.

soberxp

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 02:30:42 PM »

BTW,what's free willers ? ???

Marky Mark

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 02:38:56 PM »

BTW,what's free willers ? ???

Hello soberxp .

A free willer is anyone who thinks he has a free will.  ::)

Peace...Mark

Linny

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 01:22:07 AM »

Roy, like Samson (who'd better watch the female comments- >:( :D ;)) I'd love to know the scriptures she was using...

longhorn

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 03:05:10 AM »

Roy.  Look at it this way, you're the winner here.  You never heard from her again, saved yourself a ton of grief and misery, and probably have money left in your bank account.  Sounds like a pretty good day all in all.  Got to go, got a early tee time.  Golf, followed with NFL pre-season football, all without hearing a bunch of whinny nagging all dang day.  Life is goooooood.

Longhorn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.