bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isaiah 26:9  (Read 4824 times)

booker

Isaiah 26:9
« on: August 24, 2010, 10:53:21 PM »

I was showing someone pretty much how judgements was good and etc.i gave that person

With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

he replied:

"Learning righteousness is not the same as walking the path of righteousness."

Does anybody know other verses on the positive aspects of judgment?

aqrinc

Re: Isaiah 26:9
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 11:17:51 PM »

All Scripture taken from: (WNT) Weymouth New Testament.

Mat 23:23
"Alas for you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, for you pay the tithe on mint, dill, and cumin, while you have neglected the weightier requirements of the Law--just judgement, mercy, and faithful dealing. These things you ought to have done, and yet you ought not to have left the others undone.

Joh 5:30 
"I can of my own self do nothing. As I am bidden, so I judge; and mine is a just judgement, because it is not my own will that guides me, but the will of Him who sent me.

Rom 14:13 
Therefore let us no longer judge one another; but, instead of that, you should come to this judgement--that we must not put a stumbling-block in our brother's path, nor anything to trip him up.

1Co 6:2 
Do you not know that God's people will sit in judgement upon the world? And if you are the court before which the world is to be judged, are you unfit to deal with these petty matters?

Col 2:16 
Therefore suffer no one to sit in judgement on you as to eating or drinking or with regard to a festival, a new moon or a sabbath.

2Ti 1:7
For the Spirit which God has given us is not a spirit of cowardice, but one of power and of love and of sound judgement.

george.

Samson

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 11:20:18 PM »

I was showing someone pretty much how judgements was good and etc.i gave that person

With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

he replied:

"Learning righteousness is not the same as walking the path of righteousness."

Does anybody know other verses on the positive aspects of judgment?

Booker,

Here is an excerpt from a Thread we had two Months ago regarding the word "Judgement" and how it's defined, Greek and Hebrew including explanation of Ray's. Read below, Ray is in blue.

12)Krisis, Krino: Judgement, Judge, Hebrew-Mishpat; To pronounce an opinion concerning right or wrong, to set matters straight, Doing whats just and good. Gen. 18:25 (Shall the Judge of all the Earth do what is right).

"For if we would JUDGE [Gk: diakrino=THROUGH JUDGE, separate thoroughly, to withdraw, discern, judge] OURSELVES [members of the called-out House of God], we should not be judged [Gk: krino=judge, set right, decide, to try, condemn, punish]. But when we are judged [the same Greek word krino as used above with reference to judging the wicked world] we are CHASTENED of the Lord, that we should not be condemned [Gk: katakrino, an adverse sentence] with the world" (I Cor. 11:32).
Pay close attention to the three Greek words, diakrino, krino, and katakrino, used in this verse.
There is so much contained in this verse. There is a judgment now on God’s saints. We are judged by being "chastened of the Lord." What does that mean? "Chastened" is from the Greek word paideuo and here is what it means: "to train up a child, i.e. educate, or (by impl.) discipline (by punishment): -- chasten (-ise), instruct, learn, teach" (Strong’s Greek Dictionary p. 54).
Are you following this amazing use of words? You will now learn a marvelous truth of Scripture that is not being taught in any theological seminary that I am aware of anywhere in the whole world.
We are "judged" by God, and the vehicle that God uses to do this judging is "chastening." In other words, we are "judged" by God by being "trained up" like a child, by being "educated," by "discipline" involving "punishment," "instructed," by which we "learn," and all these "teach" us WHAT WE SHOULD BE.
There is no doubt that some of this chastening can be harsh, sorrowful, and painful. Much of it is not very pleasant and God admits as much to us. And it is not possible for one single son of God to avoid this chastisement! Let’s read it:

God "judges" us by "chastening" us! (I Cor. 11:32) "chasten," Greek: ‘paideuo’ #3811
God "graces" us by "teaching" us! (Titus 2:12) "teaching," Greek: ‘paideuo’ #3811

WOW! Do you even begin to understand what you have just read? Whether God "JUDGES" us (and later the wicked world), or "GRACES" us, He does it THE SAME WAY!!
"Judging" is CHASTENING (Strong’s #3811), and "gracing" is CHASTENING (Strong’s #3811). It is the SAME WORD!

Hope this helps, Samson.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 11:21:30 PM by Samson »

Kat

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 12:41:08 AM »

Hi Booker,

Here are a couple of places that show how God's righteous judgments will ultimate effect the world.

Isa 2:1  The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
v. 2  Now it shall come to pass in the latter days
       That the mountain of the LORD's house
       Shall be established on the top of the mountains,
       And shall be exalted above the hills;
       And all nations shall flow to it.
v. 3  Many people shall come and say,
       "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD,
       To the house of the God of Jacob;
       He will teach us His ways,
       And we shall walk in His paths."
       For out of Zion shall go forth the law,
       And the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
v. 4  He shall judge between the nations,
       And rebuke many people;
       They shall beat their swords into plowshares,
       And their spears into pruning hooks;
       Nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
       Neither shall they learn war anymore.

Rev 15:4  Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name?
       For You alone are holy.
       For all nations shall come and worship before You,
       For Your judgments have been manifested."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.