bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's do this for Ray  (Read 5949 times)

longhorn

Let's do this for Ray
« on: August 24, 2010, 11:25:43 PM »

I've tried 100 different way's to write this post, and none are sufficient.  I have used the off topic dicussion forum to do just what the forum rules say, use light hearted banter to mabey make at least 1 person a day laugh for a second or two and forget about our struggles for a while.  All of us have a story of how we were led to to Ray's site.  In the 5 years that I have been a member I have not sent in one dang dime to either keep this website running, or to help Ray with any of his medical cost.  I am not posting this to convict anyone because I have abused this website far beyond measure.  

I could use the entire band-width space of this website to explain what a blessing it has been for me.   I can't type and I'm tired of typing right now, so here it is.  I realize all of us can't use ore credit cards or paypal or whatever each month to help Ray.  But I know what I can do and that is................REMEMBER RAY IN SEPTEMBER.  I don't now about yall, but the least I can do is have 1 or 2 garage ( in my case, barn sales )  in the next 5 weeks.  Pick up cans, you Ladies have a kissing booth, lemonade stand or whatever for the entire month of September and send all the money to Ray.  Not sure how the best way to get it to Ray. Dennis, Kat, any of the mods let us know.  Whatever we have to do.  I am not trying to be some rah-rah cheerleader or anything, but I for once am going to do my part.  I don't care if it's 1 dang dollar.  EVERYBODY.  Let's do what we can.   REMEMBER RAY IN SEPTEMBER.

Love in Christ

Longhorn
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:26:34 PM by Dave in Tenn »

longhorn

Re: Let's do this for Ray
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 11:59:36 PM »

Mods.  I think ther ( my goodness I wish I could type )  I think there is a address if we would like to help Ray, but not sure where.

Longhorn

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 12:17:21 AM »

longhorn, i'm not a mod, but the address is listed in the section at the top of the general discussions section on the forum.

claudia

Samson

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 12:26:45 AM »

Mods.  I think ther ( my goodness I wish I could type )  I think there is a address if we would like to help Ray, but not sure where.

Longhorn

Donations for Bible Truths go to Harry Mills, it's located at Introductions section, I think. However you can send a donation directly to Ray for His Medical Expenses, that's usually How I do it.

L. Ray Smith
                  5052 Government Boulevard
                  Mobile, Alabama.36693               Located at General Discussions

Harry Mills                                Located at Forum Indexes
                  3233 Tallship Lane
                  Pensacola, Florida. 32526

Samson.

longhorn

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 12:40:40 AM »

Thanks Claudia and Samson.

Longhorn

judith collier

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 03:09:41 AM »

Thanks Longhorn. Sometimes we need a shove to do what we intended but haven't got back to in awhile.
What's that saying, "the road to hell (ok hades) is paved with good intentions!

jassy

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 06:20:44 AM »

Thanks Longhorn for posting this.

Have wanted to ask this for a long time but not sure how to bring it up.
I can not send a cheque to this address from South Africa. The only way my husband and I can contribute is by electronic transfer or credit card.

I suppose there is a reason for having no account but if there is a way could one of the mods please pm me or give those living outside of America another way of helping Ray.

thanks
Jassy

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 09:44:19 AM »

Longhorn... :) :) :)

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 10:37:42 AM »

This has been on my mind lately as well. Thanks for posting this brother.

Hopefully this month I can squeeze my budget a bit to help Ray out. Would be an awesome gesture if several people here were able to do the same.

Strength in numbers.

longhorn

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »

Everytime I log-on to BT, I always think to myself, I need to try to help at least a little. Then I always neglect to act.  I tell myself I'll do it next week, or next month for sure, and for sure I never do.  I don't care if it's only $5 dollars or $500, I'm going to take the entire month of September to save for this cause.  If I have to send a money order or a sack of pennies, so be it.  Setting a date is the only way I can make myself actually do it.  Thursday, Sept 30, I'm going to send whatever I've saved to Ray.  It's time I show a littles appreciation for all that Ray's site has given me.  I know prayer works and we all are praying for Ray, but it's time for me to actually step up. I realize there are people on this site who have been helping Ray all along, this message is not for you, but for people like myself who have benefited so much from this site and in a 5 yr period of time never sent Ray as much a a nickel.  Everyone have a Blessed Day.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

P.S. 

There is no need for a 5 page thread.  All I wanted to do is make known my intentions, and those who are able to do the same.  Remember Ray in September.

bpenelli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 01:27:52 AM »

You can also send a donation using pay pal... http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3718.0.html

Brad
Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

longhorn

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 03:52:08 PM »

Thank you all.  The format is in place. There is no reason to post on this thread.  On Thursday September 30th, everyone send what they can to Ray.  Let's hold each other accountable.  No more post on this thread.  Let's just get it done.   Remember in September. 

Longhorn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.