bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm ashamed that I did that.  (Read 5900 times)

soberxp

I'm ashamed that I did that.
« on: August 26, 2010, 11:14:43 AM »

My heart has been filled with grief.
no matter which way I can't go ahead,sad.

Deborah-Leigh

Re: I'm ashamed that I did that.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 11:57:26 AM »

There are 11 official languages in South Africa.

I have enjoyed asking some of the people I have to interact with, what their names mean in English. Usually an African name means something very encouraging and uplifting.

Your name wang yishen, caused me to wonder if your name has a meaning too?

My name is Deborah and means bee! :D

Arc

Marky Mark

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 11:57:38 AM »

My heart has been filled with grief.
no matter which way I can't go ahead,sad.

Psalms 6:2  Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am weak; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are troubled

Proverbs 3:7-8  Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil. 8 It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.

Psalms 147:3  He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds.

Psalms 30:2  O LORD my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.

Peace...Mark

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 03:17:05 PM »

Deborah,

That is so beautiful. I love bees, especially bumble bees. I have some butterfly bush in my back yard that attract them. I will think of you when I see them.  :)  I am Chinese American. My Chinese name is "Zheng," which means "journey". (I think I might change my forum ID to that.)

I enjoy the thought of being remembered when you look at the butterfly bush Zheng! I love butterflies and have ever since I was a child.

Your name's meaning is beautifully significant!~

Psa 147:4  He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.

Isa 40:26  Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of His Might, for that He is Strong in Power; not one faileth.
  8)

Arc
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 03:19:22 PM by Arcturus »

judith collier

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 03:52:30 PM »

My name is Hebrew meaning PRAISE. And I almost married a Hebrew man, studied under a neurophycologist for a program he initiated. Have corresponded for yrs. with a very special Rabbi. It's really strange.
My leukemia is prevelant in the mediterranian, who am I related to in the far away sea??

margo

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 11:22:42 AM »

Praise the Lord.  He gives us a new heart.  You can go ahead. 
God loves you!

soberxp

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 12:35:10 PM »

Dear soberpx. Please don't leave us. It is so special  to have a representative from China here. You are a valuable contributer to the forum and a good person I know.
My son visited China a few years ago, (he is a bit younger than you). He loved the people the and the country so much. He wrote a blog for 3 months. It was so incredible.
I don't know what I did to make you angry but I am sorry that I apparently did. I would never intentionally hurt anyone, but I am not good with words and I make mistakes, a lot. Please believe me I am sorry if I ever hurt anyone.
I know I have no wisdom but I hope God will bless me with it one day. I am here to learn.
To explain, I have been listening to a pretty good radio teacher for over 15 years. This man has a question and answer segment on his program where people call in with questions. This question (about dreams and visions) comes up all the time. I know what this man's opionion is. But since I found my way to this website and REALLY trust everything here, I was curious to here other viewpoints. I may have been brainwashed in the past, like most of us. I am just trying to clean out the garbage in my head it you get what I mean.
You can see everyone here is very forgiving and very loving. Christ like. Let's just continue on as before, you know all is forgiven.
Blessings brother. Lovingly Janine
you are so kind!
you did it right,you didn't need to say sorry,
your point about your post is right and u remind me what I was doing. But selection has to start somewhere(if u has read my post "to be a believer,") so I start with what I know forms a risk,and can't go ahead,cuz what I want to say it seems as teaching and against the forums ruler.so no matter which way I can't go ahead.that's why I'm anger with your post,honest i really want you can understand it (about your post ),but if you understand it (about your post ) wrong,and do the same thing as me,it's a risk(so I'm sure what I was doing "to be a believer,"),I said that with my anger and my hope in your post.

P'S
you all  are so kind! I'm so sorry to everyone and Dave in Tenn!

blessings to all.

my chinese name is 王一申,一申 sounds like "医生 doctor" in chinese language,just sounds like, but not the same,most people heard my name at the first time,usually asked me "doctor wang"? as a ruler ,  王 means "king" in english, the most chinese of the surname than anyother surname.
一 means "one"
申 means "state; express; explain" and "another name for Shanghai" a city of china
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 10:32:44 PM by soberxp »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 01:53:29 PM »

Thank you for your graciousness, Soberpx.  You're welcome here.  I hope everyone understands that what this forum IS is what it is supposed to be.  If it's not what it was meant to be, then it has no reason to exist.  There are many other 'religious' forums on the web.  This is not one of them. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

soberxp

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 03:26:48 PM »

Thank you for your graciousness, Soberpx.  You're welcome here.  I hope everyone understands that what this forum IS is what it is supposed to be.  If it's not what it was meant to be, then it has no reason to exist.  There are many other 'religious' forums on the web.  This is not one of them.  
I can understand.u just did your work.

what you said is right,but yet I did it ,something is unable to decide for myself.. and everyone here,let you know what is the fact
that is people believe in bible, believe in god,but when I said what I have seen ,things going to funny and terror,seemed like the only thing that worth was none, really care?don't care?what the heck...........

honest to say this ,I'm at a loss as to what to do.is my situation.seemed no chance. I'll try what you said again.

blessings
Joh 20:29  Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."  
Joh 20:30  Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book.  
Joh 20:31  But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

John - 11:26
kjv:And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
niv:and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
amp:And whoever continues to live and believes in (has faith in, cleaves to, and relies on) Me shall never [actually] die at all. Do you believe this?
asv:and whosoever liveth and believeth on me shall never die. Believest thou this?
nasb:and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"
esv:"and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?"""
zhpy:fán huó zhe xìn wǒ de rén ,bì yǒngyuǎn bù sǐ 。Nǐ xìn zhè huà ma ?”
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 04:16:48 PM by soberxp »

soberxp

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 05:58:39 AM »

By the way dear Deborah, I took you up on your challenge. I did a search to find a meaning for my name. I never assumed there was one (my name isn't in any book I had ever checked out in the past). I always thought it was French name but on the site I came upon, it said it was Hebrew !!(? ) A derivative of John I believe.
And what it means? Most appropriately GOD IS GRACIOUS. Wow. Wow. WOW!  Thank you for initiating that.
Blessings my friend

WOW!this was leading me to found this.

Victoria

Ray answers that in an article and emails.

Here is but one of them.....from email linkof : http://bible-truths.com/email3.htm#baptism

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Ray

I want to know what you know or teach on water baptism? I have been going through some of the articles that The Divine Plan has.

I am a former World Wide Church Of God member that has been really mixed up with different teachings. Everybody has different teachings.

So far you seem to have what I Think is a closer teaching what the Word of GOD is saying... Your articles have very helpful to me.

THANKS.   

P.S. I'll be keeping in touch

[Ray Replies]

Thank you for your email and question.

I don't have the time to write an whole article on the subject in an email. One day I will do that and post it on my site. But in a nut shell: 

Paul tells us that we no longer know Jesus AFTER the flesh.   Jesus Christ came IN THE FLESH to lead us INTO THE SPIRIT.  It was paramount to be CIRCUMCISED, KEEP HOLY DAYS, KEEP SABBATH, PAY TITHES, and  many PHYSICAL THINGS under the law of Moses. 

Jesus came with binding laws of the spirit.  In Matt. 5, 6, and 7 Jesus said

"you have heard it said [by the LAW OF MOSES]..." that you are to do this or do that, but Jesus said, "BUT I SAY UNTO YOU..." 

And then He gave a different and contradicting law. 

Examples: 

"Swear" under Moses / DON'T SWEAR AT ALL UNDER CHRIST.   

"Hate your enemies" under Moses / LOVE YOUR ENEMIES UNDER CHRIST! 

"Don't commit adultery" under Moses / DON'T EVEN LOOK TO LUST AFTER A WOMAN UNDER CHRIST!

Get the point?

God said he would write His NEW COVENANT (not a revised version of the OLD COVENANT) upon the minds and hearts of His followers.

Circumcision was so very important to every Jewish man. Paul said "Circumcision IS NOTHING"!!!

So drastic was this change brought about by Jesus Christ, that Paul said that a PHYSICAL JEW of the PHYSICAL NATION OF ISRAEL, who is PHYSICALLY CIRCUMCISION in the flesh only, IS NO JEW AT ALL!!! But a GENTILE, not of the nation of Israel, and NOT PHYSICALLY CIRCUMCISED in the flesh, but CIRCUMCISED IN HIS HEART, HE, A GENTILE, IS A JEW!!! (Rom. 2:27-29).

Now then, with that in mind turn to Col.2:19-13:

"And ye are COMPLETE IN HIM, which is the head of all principality and power: In Whom also ye ARE CIRCUMCISED [how?] with the circumcision MADE WITHOUT HANDS, in putting off the body of the SINS OF THE FLESH by the CIRCUMCISION OF CHRIST: buried with Him in BAPTISM [how? same way! "without hands" or water], wherein also ye ARE RISEN WITH HIM through the faith of the operation of God, Who has raised Him from the dead. And you, being DEAD IN YOUR SINS and the uncircumcision of your flesh, has he quickened [made alive] together with Him, having FORGIVEN YOU ALL TRESPASSES."

According to Paul, "How many baptisms are there?" 

"There is ONE body, and ONE Spirit, even as ye are called in ONE hope of your calling; ONE Lord, ONE faith, ONE BAPTISM, ONE God and Father of all, Who is above all, and through all, and in you all" (Eph. 4:4-6).

Water baptism avails us NOTHING unless we are BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST (Rom. 6:3-7) with a baptism WITHOUT HANDS--not of the letter and the flesh, but of the SPIRIT!

Nothing that we do that starts in the flesh can add one cubic to our spiritual stature.

Hope that helps your understanding a little better.

God be with you,

Ray
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God bless
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.