bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saved(first Resurrection) without faith in Jesus?  (Read 5151 times)

booker

Saved(first Resurrection) without faith in Jesus?
« on: August 30, 2010, 07:01:17 AM »

Romans 2:5-7
But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Romans 2:14-16
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Matthew 25:38-40
When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

mharrell08

Re: Saved(first Resurrection) without faith in Jesus?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 07:55:10 AM »

Saved(first Resurrection) without faith in Jesus?

No, because Jesus IS the resurrection:

John 11:25-26  Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Also, it's the faith OF Christ, not the faith IN Christ that saves all humanity. Faith is a gift of God [Eph 2:8-9] and not of one's self [1 Cor 4:7]. We are complete IN Christ [Col 2:10], and it is through Christ who saves & frees us from sin & death [Rom 6:23; Rom 8:2].

We want to be careful to not 'deny the Lord who bought us' [2 Pet 2:1] and think we can exclude Him in any way on our path to salvation & righteousness. Jesus is the path.

Hope this helps,

Marques

booker

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 07:58:32 AM »

What i meant was people that never heard of Jesus or are in a false religion, are they going to rule and reign with Christ during the millennium according to those verses?

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 08:38:22 AM »

What i meant was people that never heard of Jesus or are in a false religion, are they going to rule and reign with Christ during the millennium according to those verses?

Booker, I know what you meant but the answer is the same: No.

Nowhere in any of those passages does it state one will be in the 1st resurrection because they did good to their fellow man. Many, many people throughout history have done good for others but Christ says only few are called, chosen, & faithful [Rev 17:14].

Marques

soberxp

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 09:29:39 AM »

Romans - 罗马书 2:13
kjv:(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
niv:For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
amp:For it is not merely hearing the Law [read] that makes one righteous before God, but it is the doers of the Law who will be held guiltless and acquitted and justified.
asv:for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified:
nasb:for {it is} not the hearers of the Law {who} are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.
esv:"For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified."
zhpy:(yuánlái zài  shén miànqián ,búshì tīng lǜ fǎ de wèi yì ,nǎishì xíng lǜ fǎ de chēng yì 。
cuv:(原来在 神面前,不是听律法的为义,乃是行律法的称义。
cxz:(原来在 神面前,不是听律法的为义,乃是行律法的称义。
big5:(原來在 神面前、不是聽律法的為義、乃是行律法的稱義.
ncv:因为在 神面前,不是听律法的为义,而是行律法的得称为义。
ko:하나님 앞에서는 율법을 듣는 자가 의인이 아니오, 오직 율법을 행하는 자라야 의롭다 하심을 얻으리니
fr:Ce ne sont pas, en effet, ceux qui écoutent la loi qui sont justes devant Dieu, mais ce sont ceux qui la mettent en pratique qui seront justifiés.
de:Entscheidend ist nämlich nicht, ob man Gottes Gebote kennt. Nur wenn man auch danach handelt, wird man von Gott angenommen.
ru:(потому что не слушатели закона праведны пред Богом, но исполнители закона оправданы будут,
ja:それは, 律法を 聞く 者が 神の 前に 正しいのではなく, 律法を 行なう 者が 正しいと 認められるからです.
la:non enim auditores legis iusti sunt apud Deum sed factores legis iustificabuntur
he:
el:Dioti den einai dikaioi para tw Qew oi akroatai tou nomou, all' oi ektelestai tou nomou qelousi dikaiwqh.
es:Porque no los oidores de la ley son justos para con Dios, mas los hacedores de la ley serán justificados.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 17 queries.