bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm finally Home!  (Read 7778 times)

servias

I'm finally Home!
« on: August 30, 2010, 06:10:56 PM »

Thank you ALL!  I now have a place to learn the truth.  All the questions I've had about GOD are finally being answered truthfully with real absolute scripture.  I am now able to attempt to teach my kids without guilt.  Before I would answer questions but not sincerely believe what I was telling them.  Thanks to this site and Ray I can now open the bible with confidence and actually ABSORB what I read.  I cannot explain how much weight has been lifted from my shoulders now.  Our family thanks you from Eastern Washington.
Dan

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: I'm finally Home!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 06:28:54 PM »

Welcome to you and your family.   :D  God bless you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 06:38:12 PM »

Hi Dan,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
Well we can really relate to what you are saying, because we have all been right there where you are now. I can still remember how good it felt when I first started learning these truths. And I can tell you that feeling does not wear off and continues, as I still see new truths for the first time and am very thankful for them. It is good to have this place to fellowship with other like minded people, it is a big help to have others imput on different subjects. Join in the discussions if you see something you would like to comment on and ask questions when they come up.

Here are links to stuff we have here, until you can find your way around.
The forum rules will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

FAQ (most frequently asked questions)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,23.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:37:46 PM by Kat »

soberxp

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 06:58:36 PM »

:D that's our goal!   

iris

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 10:02:22 PM »

Hi Dan,  Welcome to the forum!

Iris

servias

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 03:11:54 AM »

Thanks for the nice welcome!  My perspective on things has never been better. 
Dan

cherokee

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 08:26:43 AM »

Hey Dan,

Welcome to you and your family.

Blessings,
Suzie

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 09:37:59 AM »

Welcome!

Samson

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 09:54:55 AM »

Thank you ALL!  I now have a place to learn the truth.  All the questions I've had about GOD are finally being answered truthfully with real absolute scripture.  I am now able to attempt to teach my kids without guilt.  Before I would answer questions but not sincerely believe what I was telling them.  Thanks to this site and Ray I can now open the bible with confidence and actually ABSORB what I read.  I cannot explain how much weight has been lifted from my shoulders now.  Our family thanks you from Eastern Washington.
Dan

Welcome Dan the Man,

I like your Forum Name, coincidentally, My Wife and I just finished watching Good Morning Vietnam with Robin Williams and it was right before viewing your introduction. There's a Character in the Movie called Dan the Man Levitan, so I thought that was a coincidence viewing your name right after finishing watching that Movie.

As Kat stated above, try to become familiar with Ray's Articles, admittedly there's allot to absorb and digest here. Also, We love to help you with any questions you might have, but just as a reminder, many of the questions asked were answered in past threads, so you might want to navigate yourself to past threads, especially at General Discussions where Ray's teachings and Bible Related Topics are regularly discussed. Also, there's a FAQ(frequently asked questions) board located above the General Discussions Section.

We are glad God caused you to discover this Site and hope you enjoy your fellowship here.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Linny

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 10:26:19 AM »

A warm welcome to you Dan from the heart of Kentucky. Hope you are greatly blessed by being here with us.  ;D
Lin

indianabob

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 03:22:27 PM »

Hi Dan,

Welcome from the old guy, Indiana Bob,
We in the MidWest have always wondered about the pioneers on the
West coast. I got as far as San Francisco for a week, but I'm sure that
there is much more to share than we have heard about.

Please write often and share some of your journey toward God's truth.

Bob

servias

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 10:02:01 PM »

Dan

Welcome Dan the Man,

I like your Forum Name, coincidentally, My Wife and I just finished watching Good Morning Vietnam with Robin Williams and it was right before viewing your introduction. There's a Character in the Movie called Dan the Man Levitan, so I thought that was a coincidence viewing your name right after finishing watching that Movie.

As Kat stated above, try to become familiar with Ray's Articles, admittedly there's allot to absorb and digest here. Also, We love to help you with any questions you might have, but just as a reminder, many of the questions asked were answered in past threads, so you might want to navigate yourself to past threads, especially at General Discussions where Ray's teachings and Bible Related Topics are regularly discussed. Also, there's a FAQ(frequently asked questions) board located above the General Discussions Section.

We are glad God caused you to discover this Site and hope you enjoy your fellowship here.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Thanks Samson, I have done a quick read over of most the articles and many E-mails.  At this point we are slowing it down, reading everything with the bible open which tends to make for longer study sessions.  It would be great if someone could put some of these -- like the lake of fire series -- into an actual book using createspace or something similar which you can make it at cost or non-profit.  It hurts the eyes looking at the computer screen.  Just an idea I thought I'd throw out.  Look forward to learning and discovering the truth with you all.
Dan

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 10:55:04 AM »

Hi DanTheMan

Welcome to the Forum!

make it at cost or non-profit

yes…like the Bible…the most widely distributed book in the World! Wouldn’t that be terrific. I believe we’d all enjoy seeing the world receive the Truth as is being revealed to us few here!

My husband and I offered Ray the same “non profit” idea some years ago. His reply is that freely he has received and freely he gives.

Though we  have to pay to read the Word of God in BT,  Ray, personally, and the  BT volunteers and members, are not remunerated or paid back for their costs in time or money to participate or volunteer. No one is a financial recipient for anything going on in BT.

The spiritual earnings of The Truth, are priceless, beyond measure and without parallel! God is the Director in charge.

Besides which, I believe we prefer to have a reward if any,   in Heaven and with God rather than from men, organizations or companies of men on earth. This is not to slander your good intent. I too would love to see best seller status for the writings we have here in BT! I would love to see huge profit come to BT to improve their reach to the blind world. I too am tempted to try to make a way possible for that to happen.

Yes, we all have to buy air time and have the equipment that costs us to be able to have internet access to BT, yet it is money that goes to suppliers of computers and companies that sell air time  ~  non of which goes to the source of God’s Word or God’s emissary Ray Smith.

Not being a financial beneficiary as organizer, marketer or planner of anything God given freely, is in the Spirit of freely receiving and freely giving. Even if it is non-profit, people still have to be paid their costs, time effort expertise etc.

Even if a member were to put their writings together as inspired by the Truth gleaned here,  and publish them for sale, even with the proceeds directed to BT ~ not for no profit either ~ as I,  understand  Ray, I doubt he’d receive even one dime from such an exercise, even if it was the last dime on earth! Not for sale is not for sale. Even I forget sometimes!

Mat 10:8  Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

As tempting as it is to visualize all Rays writings in every Christian book shop and coffee table around the world….Gods word is freely given to those who have received freely without any motive to make merchandise of it. It is tempting though. I too am occasionally tempted through sheer pain and suffering to see others just don’t get the Truth and are more inclined to believe what is in a book that is marked best seller than a Truth of God not given to many but few at this time.

If I had to take my four thousand posts, put them into a book and sell them, I would need to give all earnings to BT or it would be contrary to the spirit of freely giving and having freely received of the Wisdom and Truth of God. Not for sale. Not for sale. Freely to give, and not for sale. We can pay for the material through the air time we need to down load. We can print it out and give it away. We are not allowed to sell it.

To follow the Word of God, even the Disciples had to leave their boats and turn from acquisitions of the fishing trade. Okay, they did not have to buy lap tops and pay for air time, yet they did have to follow at expense of their trade as do we if we desire to be numbered among those who follow and obey the word of God. I think Ray might agree with NOT FOR SALE. Why…because its priceless, beyond trade, not to be treated as merchandise and is the live Word and Spirit of God. That’s the way, we, the few, like it!

Welcome home.

Blessings

Arc

servias

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 11:47:40 PM »

I agree.  Profit is not to be made in GOD's name.  It may be well deserved with time, dedication...but I feel it may be sinful, or at least will lead into sin.  My humble opinion.  Have a good Labor Day Weekend!

acomplishedartis

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 11:12:27 PM »

Arcturus I agree with your post.

And here I will try to add a couple more points:

-If a book with these kind of powerful spiritual material is out there, it would have more chances to get plagiarized, used with wrong motives, and also with more chances to be not completed understood since the material is too big for one book, and if there is many books, there is many that would not afford them all.  

-Specially these kind of theological spiritual material, done with a lot of love and effort and heart, I don't believe it most be sold, not even for nonprofit. If I write a personal letter to a friend I would not charge him, not even the cost of my paper and my pen.You just don't do that. I don't think that the Apostle Paul would ever dare to put his personal letters for sale.
Whatever cost that anyone would be put on it, would be not fare.

-The way in witch Bible truths has been presented make what is being said even more powerful, and I believe that also teach us lessons.
When material with themes like these are sold, we should admit that there is that little thought in our heads suspecting that there is the possibility of the author making and saying things just for gain. Sometimes when people write books and money is in the equation, there is that temptation of pleasing the readers.

-Plus all the middle mans wanting to resale, make offers. How sad would be watching material like these in the dump, or religious people making fun or bad reviews on it. Think about it, these material doesn't depend on any monetary system owned by any country. But if you still want so bad to see it printed, then you are free to turn on your printer and make some copies (but please, don't sell them).

And I could keep going with more...
I will say that Let's be thankful for the Internet and that God had let us live on these age of cybernetics. With all the pros and the negatives things of the internet, the pros are bigger as well as our responsibility with it I guess.

Moises

ps. It seems like these could be a theme for another tread. By the way. It is very nice to met you Dan. I am glad you find these online Community

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 05:08:14 PM by Moises »

servias

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 01:55:45 AM »

Arcturus I agree with your post.

And here I will try to add a couple more points:

-If a book with these kind of powerful spiritual material is out there, it would have more chances to get plagiarized, used with wrong motives, and also with more chances to be not completed understood since the material is too big for one book, and if there is many books, there is many that would not afford them all. 

-Specially these kind of theological spiritual material, done with a lot of love and effort and heart, I don't believe it most be sold, not even for nonprofit. If I write a personal letter to a friend I would not charge him, not even the cost of my paper and my pen.You just don't do that. I don't think that the Apostle Paul would ever dare to put his personal letters for sale.
Whatever cost that anyone would be put on it, would be not fare.

-The way in witch Bible truths has been presented make what is being said even more powerful, and I believe that also tech us lessons.
When material with themes like these are sold, we should admit that there is that little thought in our heads suspecting that there the possibility of the author making and saying things just for gain. Sometime when people write books and money is in the equation, there is that temptation of pleasing the readers.

-Plus all the middle mans wanting to resale, make offers. How sad would be watching material like these in the dump, or religious people making fun or bad reviews on it. Think about it, these material doesn't depend on any monetary system owned by any country. But if you still want so bad to see it printed, then you are free to turn on your printer and make some copies (but please, don't sell them).

And I could keep going with more...
I will say that Let's be thankful for the Internet and that God had let us live on these age of cybernetics. With all the pros and the negatives things of the internet, the pros are bigger as well as our responsibility with it I guess.

Moises

ps. It seems like these could be a theme for another tread. By the way. It is very nice to met you Dan. I am glad you find these online Community

I'll be clear here, my intentions were not to put profit in the picture period.  A site like createspace would allow for a copy/paste situation with a print on demand service which a price that can be set for profit or NOT.  Which would mean the people who actually printed and binded the book would be the only ones making a dime.  To me printing out around 600 pages on my computer would cost well over 80 in ink costs.  To me It was about the ease of reading on paper as I sometimes lose track of where I am at looking on the screen, as well as tunnel-vision after an hour or so.  I do not want people to misinterpret my intentions here.
Dan

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 07:01:51 AM »

Moises my friend and brother ~ I appreciate your additional support of the issue facing us all regarding our desire that others recieve what God has freely given to us.

I do not want people to misinterpret my intentions here.

DanTheMan

I certainly do not seek to slander your name or bring false accusation upon you in any way. To clear any doubt, and to make the effort to allay any crude perceptions let me say that I believe that we all have to come to this temptation that would try us all, regarding the offering out of the Gift of God to us in a world that is accessed only by money. It is a sober necessity to really come to terms with the fact that money, mamon and the Word of God simply do not mix. I think we all want to see the Truth we have here, out in the world as a best seller and it is so hard to realise that what we have is not wanted.

As I understand, our Brother Paul also angished too,  as regarding the agony he went through as he saw his kinsmen being those to whom God did not  give His insights.

Rom 9:1  I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
Rom 9:2  That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
Rom 9:3  For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

We too have to feel this cutting to our hearts as we see our family, worldly friends and carnal flesh soul ties being separated from us as we see the Truth that only God and His Spirit can make known, visible and comprehensible. Our efforts can’t do Gods work of His Spirit. We learn this more and more as we assimilate the Truth expounded through for instance Winning Souls for Jesus?

That the temptation comes to us for us to think about how we can get the Truth we so cherish to others or how we can extend the rich banquet of Truth we have here, is perhaps what we all have to at one time or other, think about. The standard has been set not for sale and the world only functions of trade, buy, sell and profit and loss having no Godly interest vested in association with Prophets of God but for tax deductions!

We all have felt the enthusiasm to share what we know and many have fallen short, been turned on and against for what we now know is the Truth. Friends give us an ultimatum to get back to being normal or loose their friendship because we have changed, family have scorned us and yet we still love what we know is the Truth despite the fact our loved ones don’t get it because God has not given it to them yet. It hurts yet our Brother Paul, though he too suffered the pain of seeing his people of his flesh, the Jews, not seeing the Truth, Paul found this comfort that

Rom 11:1  I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Rom 11:31  Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
Rom 11:32  For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
Rom 11:33  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
Rom 11:34  For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
Rom 11:35  Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
Rom 11:36  For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen

This is the Truth. God will make all eyes to see. Jesus also looked past his cross and despising the shame, He focused on what God was doing, and not going against God

Heb 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I have learned that as much as the Truth is despised, it is the Work of God to make it known and as much as there is shameful rejection of the Truth, it is all concluded in the Work of God that accomplishes the joy that is captured in our Brother Paul’s communications to us that we share in experiencing the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of our God! As Paul says, the Judgments of the Lord are past finding out for they have to be given as a Gift of the Spirit of God and to us it is given.

1Co 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10  But God HATH REVEALED THEM UNTO US BY HIS SPIRIT: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

That God has revealed them unto us by His Spirit is certainly the joy set before us as we endure our cross that pains us as we participate in the Work of our God working all things in accord to the council of His Will.

I see you as a brother DanTheMan ~ you desire all to come to the knowledge of our Lord.  Paul wanted that, I wanted it too and many want to share what we know yet that is not the end of it. We have to come to see that God is in control of everything, and the subsequent joy that comes of trusting, knowing, relying and believing it, by the Work of the Truth through the Spirit of God illuminating our eyes, opening our ears and enlightening our minds and hearts with the Presence of Christ within.

I just share what I feel and understand. One thing that God makes me aware of is that there is a temptation to do as Sara did that is written for my exhortation. God willing, I shall obey and NOT do as Sara did. God willing I obey and conduct myself better than Sara,  which is my fervent desire! I don’t want to sell out God! God forbid. It is only from this perspective from where I speak, not to persuade you or influence you, but only to give account to you of what I believe to be true.  For what it's worth as a sister.

Arc

EKnight

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 11:46:01 PM »

Hmmm, if I could copy and paste all of Ray's papers and have someone print them for me rather than use my own printer, that would be a good investment.  I agree Dan, reading on the computer is tiring and I too lose my place and then end up closing the computer and forgetting where I was in my reading.  Does createspace really do that?

Eileen

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 03:44:09 AM »

Hmmm, if I could copy and paste all of Ray's papers and have someone print them for me rather than use my own printer, that would be a good investment.  I agree Dan, reading on the computer is tiring and I too lose my place and then end up closing the computer and forgetting where I was in my reading.  Does createspace really do that?

Eileen

No...I don't think createspace is good for that, Eileen.  It's more of a self-publishing/sales site...OK for small runs, but probably not cost-effective for individual copies.

Call your nearest Kinko's/UPS Store or your friendly neighborhood printer.  They aren't horribly expensive, and may even be cost-effective considering the price of ink and wear-and-tear on cheap home printers.  They can usually print from any computer file-type stored on any data storage device.

Just a general FYI for everybody...

There have been a number of similar ideas to make B-T materials available in book form for the public floated in the past.  No matter how much sense we think such a thing might make, it's just not going to happen.  Ray's been clear on that point.  Full stop.

That doesn't mean we can't make our own hard-copies at our own expense in our own way.  We can make one for ourselves and as many copies as each may want, to give away to others.  Many members have been doing that on one scale or another for longer than I've been around.

If I could afford it, I'd do it too.  Then again, I couldn't afford it if somebody else 'published' it.  ;)  This computer screen crosses my eyes at times as well.

Welcome again, Dan.  It's very good to have you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

servias

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 12:49:05 PM »

Sorry guys....didn't want to open a can of worms here.  Moving on.....
I am glad to finally be home like the title says.  Thanks for everyone's nice welcome, look forward to the many years of getting to know you. 

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.