bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christians and Giving  (Read 10514 times)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: Christians and Giving
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 11:26:22 PM »

Could. . . . .could you spare a few bucks?

The hunters will fight you for the bucks but we have quite a few doughs.   ;D

musicman

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 02:33:16 PM »

You all have given fair and loving responses...I see too that Sincere Christian has left the forum..we all have to examine our motives for asking for something...God always comes through just in time..It is best to wait on God...and now...
My dear Musicman...if you need a few bucks...I need some work done on my house???
Kathy ;)

Well, my yards a mess.  Whoever you get to do your house, just send em over to me.

Roy Coates

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 01:37:08 PM »

2Ch 19:2  And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.

Yes it does matter to me "a cheerful giver". I don't know "sincere christians" true motives, I am suspicious for the reasons discussed and more. I hope and pray that I am wrong about these things, but felt led to post what I posted for the protection of my brothers and sisters.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 01:45:40 PM »

Well Janine, how far are you from Northern Indiana? It's about time for the leaves to fall in my yard.  (smile)

Janine,

I think that we all can, without giving away too much personal information to the wide world, list our sex and the state we live in so that the rest of us can know how to address a person and approximately how far away they may be.

My name does give away my location and most could determine my sex, but why can't we be a little more personal in our introductions and still do it safely.

I like to know a person's age in order to avoid speaking ill of the very youthful of whom I may be envious. This is helpful with young persons like mharrell08, who makes me feel old with his display of wisdom and patient helpfulness.
At his age i had just married the girl of my dreams and wasn't thinking about the needs of anyone else. Now after 50 years of wedded bliss, I'm finally beginning to see the truth as I gaze at myself in the mirror.

Anyway, I'm just hoping that we on the forum can open up a little more about our personal details such as location and whether single or married etc. without exposing ourselves to unwanted emails and such.

Kindly, Bob Breyfogle

Me Me. I LOVE yard work and I don't have one anymore :'(. Where do you guys live again? If it is not too far, I'm there. ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 04:04:27 PM »

2Ch 19:2  And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.

Yes it does matter to me "a cheerful giver". I don't know "sincere christians" true motives, I am suspicious for the reasons discussed and more. I hope and pray that I am wrong about these things, but felt led to post what I posted for the protection of my brothers and sisters.

Your motive is loving, discerning and most kind Roy.

~  to put on the armor of the Lord  ~    :)

Arc
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 04:14:11 PM by Arcturus »

Linny

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 04:07:02 PM »

I agree with Bob. I've had my age, gender and location in my profile now since 2008 and I have had no problems with it being there.
I like to know to whom I am addressing as well.

Roy Martin

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 07:51:40 PM »

I apologize for my reaction to this topic.

Peace
Roy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.