bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bible study group.  (Read 4714 times)

dre91

bible study group.
« on: August 31, 2010, 06:58:06 PM »

i think there are people out here who are starving for the truth. some people who i encounter are very perceptive when i tell them they don't have 2 pay tithes and eternal torment is a hoax. i was thinking of starting a bible study group in Spartanburg. im also tired of feeling im the only person who has the truth in Spartanburg. this walk is a lonely walk and im tired of feeling like a lone ranger. i just wanted some opinions on that. i agree that the churches preach lies and maybe i can help the people who are local who realize it. there are so many people who don't attend church services and the mormons and jehovah's witnesses are the only ones converting them. i feel as if we have enough knowledge to restore the hope in them that the church and false religion has destroyed. i know Gods plan is going to come to fruition regardless but im tired of sitting on the sidelines watching people perish for a lack of knowledge. i also know that we don't convert, God does through and with his holy spirit.

Samson

Re: bible study group.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 08:08:27 PM »

i think there are people out here who are starving for the truth. some people who i encounter are very perceptive when i tell them they don't have 2 pay tithes and eternal torment is a hoax. i was thinking of starting a bible study group in Spartanburg. im also tired of feeling im the only person who has the truth in Spartanburg. this walk is a lonely walk and im tired of feeling like a lone ranger. i just wanted some opinions on that. i agree that the churches preach lies and maybe i can help the people who are local who realize it. there are so many people who don't attend church services and the mormons and jehovah's witnesses are the only ones converting them. i feel as if we have enough knowledge to restore the hope in them that the church and false religion has destroyed. i know Gods plan is going to come to fruition regardless but im tired of sitting on the sidelines watching people perish for a lack of knowledge. i also know that we don't convert, God does through and with his holy spirit.

Hi Brother,

Read, my most recent PM to you since our last few exchanges from earlier in the Day. By the way, different Forum members have various study groups all over the country. John Popovich and George Kuhns attend one near Pittsburgh, Pa. Too far for me. Move to the Eastern Part of Pa and I'll be happy to study with you, maybe we can get Walt123 from Kunkletown, Pa and Brad Pinelli from Northern N.J. Only Kidding, but wish you lived closer. When I was a JW, I actually enjoyed Preaching and Teaching Door to Door, but it's overall very ineffective in regards to the "Converts" of Human Organizations. Further, most of the time the apparent "Conversion" is only external and superficial with no conversion of the Person regarding the Carnal Filth of the inside(thoughts of the Mind). Anyway, informal Witnessing was much more effective, at least in having meaningful conversations.

Kind Regards, Samson.

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 08:32:26 PM »

Rom 8:31  ...If God is for us, who can be against us

Acts 5:38-39  ...if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing; but if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it—lest you even be found to fight against God

Go for it...because until you do, you'll continue to have that inkling that you should be doing it.  :)

Marques

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 12:24:51 AM »

as a follower of Jesus Christ, i am finding that sometimes it's just hard being the salt. scattered here a little, there a little. some grains landing closer together, some seemingly all alone.  but then, knowing that the Father of Jesus Christ has Willed it so, the analogy in the Scriptures of being as salt, is a beckoning to me again of the few and the many. a few grains salted here or there, to enhance whatever portion you land on. adding His Flavor, a measure in the mixture of mankind, but standing out as unique through the essence of His blending, His Spirit within us. a physical bible study group is the exception in this age i believe, rather than the rule. this forum is our gathering place to fellowship and study in Spirit and Truth. it would be a blessing indeed to be able to meet together physically and fellowship in the Truths we are being taught. i know that when i have been with ray and others at the few conferences i have attended, there is the feeling of never wanting to leave that setting. wanting to continue in our gathering together. to stay and take in the joy and comfort of being with like minded believers. but, i think that too is part of our cross bearing at this time. having to wait with patience for the Day of His returning. when the salt will be gathered together.

claudia

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 12:43:05 AM by cjwood »

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 10:08:20 AM »

as a follower of Jesus Christ, i am finding that sometimes it's just hard being the salt. scattered here a little, there a little. some grains landing closer together, some seemingly all alone.  but then, knowing that the Father of Jesus Christ has Willed it so, the analogy in the Scriptures of being as salt, is a beckoning to me again of the few and the many. a few grains salted here or there, to enhance whatever portion you land on. adding His Flavor, a measure in the mixture of mankind, but standing out as unique through the essence of His blending, His Spirit within us. a physical bible study group is the exception in this age i believe, rather than the rule. this forum is our gathering place to fellowship and study in Spirit and Truth. it would be a blessing indeed to be able to meet together physically and fellowship in the Truths we are being taught. i know that when i have been with ray and others at the few conferences i have attended, there is the feeling of never wanting to leave that setting. wanting to continue in our gathering together. to stay and take in the joy and comfort of being with like minded believers. but, i think that too is part of our cross bearing at this time. having to wait with patience for the Day of His returning. when the salt will be gathered together.

claudia

Oh, how fun the patience part is..

I'm thankful I at least had the opportunity to meet Ray and others at the last conference. Marques and I got to meet the other day as well and had a good conversation.

Overall though, like you said, we're mostly scattered.. and probably for a good reason. I imagine it's to be more of an influence on those around us.

I just can't wait until the day when this 'carnality' is over with and we can finally meet our Lord and Saviour.

judith collier

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 06:26:44 PM »

Claudia, helpful thoughts. I don't think I ever did anything to sway anybody but could only plant a few seeds here and there. Even if i speak of God lightly as in, God is good" people have ended up thinking I was good. When I tell them it was God and how He worked in my life some people look like they want to run. Too much for them. I gave it up a long time ago.
Feel blessed to plant a seed.
judy

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 12:22:48 AM »

"bloom where you are planted"...

claudia

santikos

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 11:05:24 AM »

go ahead to go for it. i have a posting on craiglist to start one, but i have no luck yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.