bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: restitution of all things  (Read 9596 times)

rocky

restitution of all things
« on: July 02, 2006, 12:00:42 AM »

Act 3:21  Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Can any help me sort this out.  When I think of restitution, I think of restore.  restore to me, means to fix back into original condition. 

According to the dictionary,

Resitution means:

1.  The act of restoring to the rightful owner something that has been taken away, lost, or surrendered. See Synonyms at reparation.

2.  The act of making good or compensating for loss, damage, or injury; indemnification.

3.  A return to or restoration of a previous state or position.

There are no other verses in New testament using this word, so don't have verse comparison. 

We know that first is the natural, then spiritual.  We are flesh first, then spiritual.  So to restore things to a previous state would seem to be going backwards.  Maybe definition 2 works, but doesn't seem to work for 1, 3. 

The Revelation of Christ seems to me to be a progression, not a restoration????

Any ideas. 

thanks. 

orion77

Re: restitution of all things
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 12:45:22 AM »

Good post, Rocky.

Restore, return to the rightful owner.  We all can see now, that the life we have is not ours.  We are all brainwashed into thinking this is OUR life, MY life.  Yet, we now know that is a lie.  It never was our life.  He is the great I AM, not us. 

God has crucified that fleshly thought, which is an enemy, and restored us to its rightful owner, with His Spirit being in His temple, which is in us.  He is Almighty and conquering, who will put all His enemies under His feet. 

To where God has us now, to where we were before, is true restitution.  He is taking back, what is rightfully His.  He is not taking back in the way our mind sees it, but through righteousness, holy character, mercy, forgiveness and perfect love, through chastening and grace.

Again, great topic.

God bless,

Gary

buddyjc

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 01:48:17 AM »

Act 3:21  Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Can any help me sort this out.  When I think of restitution, I think of restore.  restore to me, means to fix back into original condition. 

Resitution means:

1.  The act of restoring to the rightful owner something that has been taken away, lost, or surrendered. See Synonyms at reparation.

2.  The act of making good or compensating for loss, damage, or injury; indemnification.

There are no other verses in New testament using this word, so don't have verse comparison. 

We know that first is the natural, then spiritual.  We are flesh first, then spiritual.  So to restore things to a previous state would seem to be going backwards.  Maybe definition 2 works, but doesn't seem to work for 1, 3. 

Any ideas. 

thanks. 

Perhaps it means a restoration to innocense.  I know Adam wasn't perfect, was mortal, and flesh, but he was innocent, correct?  When God does away with the carnal heart what is left?  Innocense, meaning, without sin just as Christ was without sin.

Brian

Chris R

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 09:04:25 AM »

Hi,

Why is it that man was created in the first place? why not just skip this earthly "fleshly" life, and create us into his image in the first place?

Why all the hurt, hunger, sin, disease, war, brutality, pain, heartache, hate, deceitfulness, that we endure in this life..... AHHH ..But there is a reason for these things!  So that we can experience Good and Evil, This is HOW God creates us in his image. [Gen3:22]

What a wonderful God we have, How can we even understand words like "restitution" if we have no knowledge of Good or Evil?

Restitution is the act of "restoring"

Isa 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Hope this is of some help

Chris R

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 10:37:27 AM »

Here is what I found when I looked up the original Greek in Acts: 3:21;

apokatastasis
ap-ok-at-as'-tas-is
reconstitution: - restitution.

Then I checked the dictionary for "reconstitution;

re·con·sti·tute
Function: transitive verb
Pronunciation: (")re-'kän(t)-st&-"tüt, -"tyüt
to constitute again or anew ; especially : to restore to a former condition by adding water
- re·con·sti·tu·tion/(")re-"kän(t)-st&-'tü-sh&n, -'tyü-/ noun

I could reconstitute or restore my old '65 Mustang into a car much improved over the vehicle that rolled out of the factory in 1965, using Jack Roush after market parts from 2006, or I could improve dramatically the ergonomics, appearance and convenience of a house built in the 50's by using designs, techniques and materials developed more recently.

My point is, to reconstitute/restitution (especially in the original language) does not mean to bring something back exactly as it was but to "reconstitute" it to be better than ever. 

Joe  

gmik

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 08:48:03 PM »

Cool.

So it doesn't mean what my old church taught???  You know what the devil stole from me will be given back-$$$$$$$.

Chris R

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 09:23:03 PM »

Hi Rocky,

A few things i dont understand,

[Mike quote] "But what is so little understood in the "historical orthodox Christian church," is the fact of our very nature that physical blessings, retard spiritual blessings."

If this were so, then why did God Give Job Back twice as much as he had before? [Job 42:10]

Mike quote: "But in order to "have mercy on all," in order to "destroy death," a "restitution of all things," back to a time when Satan is hedged out of the lives of mankind, must take place"

When was this "time" when Satan was hedged out of the lives of mankind?
Was there ever a "time" when Satan was NOT in mans life?

Doesnt scripture teach us that Satan was a muderer from the beginning?[john 8:44]...was there another time before the "beginning?

Some of Mikes writings are right on target, but there are some things I still cannot grasp when he writes them.

Please understand when i say that posts this long are way to hard for moderators to study through and make sure that all things written are scriptural, so please refrain from posting long answers such as these.
If the questions you ask are not answered to you liking, then please e-mail Ray.

thanks
Chris R

mercie

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 04:46:33 PM »

Christ :- The restitution of ALL THINGS.

He is ALL THINGS.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Eph 3:9 And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Rev 4:10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, 

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created

Restoring the hearts of Men which were ALWAYS HIS.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 05:34:51 PM »

Let me attempt another analogy, one of my neighbors has his house destroyed by a hurricane, the roof blew off because the strapping was insufficient to hold the roof to the block and lentils. My neighbor loves the location and is willing to put time and money to have his house rebuilt, now do we RESTORE this house back to its insufficient original structure, or do we RECONSTITUTE this house to a superior standard that can withstand winds that exceeded the winds that took his roof off to begin with?

In my earlier post I entered the original (E-sword) language and showed "restore" was not the intent, "reconstitute" is the primary definition, there is a definite difference.

Are we not being "created (reconstituted) into His image?" Or were we already there and only need to be "restored?"

Here is what I found when I looked up the original Greek in Acts: 3:21;

apokatastasis
ap-ok-at-as'-tas-is
reconstitution: - restitution.

Then I checked the dictionary for "reconstitution;

re·con·sti·tute
Function: transitive verb
Pronunciation: (")re-'kän(t)-st&-"tüt, -"tyüt
to constitute again or anew ; especially : to restore to a former condition by adding water
- re·con·sti·tu·tion/(")re-"kän(t)-st&-'tü-sh&n, -'tyü-/ noun

I could reconstitute or restore my old '65 Mustang into a car much improved over the vehicle that rolled out of the factory in 1965, using Jack Roush after market parts from 2006, or I could improve dramatically the ergonomics, appearance and convenience of a house built in the 50's by using designs, techniques and materials developed more recently.

My point is, to reconstitute/restitution (especially in the original language) does not mean to bring something back exactly as it was but to "reconstitute" it to be better than ever.

Joe   

mercie

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 05:45:27 PM »

Moving from Flesh to Spirit. :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 05:46:25 PM »

Resitution means:

Any ideas. 

thanks. 

Rotherham's Emphasized Bible, quote;

Acts III 21: Unto whom, indeed, heaven must needs give welcome, until the times of the due establishment of all things, of which God hath spoken through the mouth of holy age - past prophets.[/b]

Another translation problem?

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 05:48:44 PM »

Amen!

mercie

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 05:54:14 PM »

Amen!
Thanks for the acknowledgment Joe. ;D

sometimes its hard not to think your speaking to yourself when you say the same things as Others. ;D

all4love

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 05:58:54 PM »

Act 3:21 Whom heaven must indeed receive until the times of restoration of all which God speaks through the mouth of His holy prophets who are from the eon.  (concordent Literal)

(Webster's 1828 Dictionary):

1. The act of replacing in a former state.

2. Renewal; revival; re-establishment; as the restoration of friendship between enemies; the restoration of peace after war; the restoration of a declining commerce.

5. In theology, universal restoration, the final recovery of all men from sin and alienation from God, to a state of happiness; universal salvation.

I left out 3 and 4 because they didn't fit the subject in my opinion.

God Bless,
Amy

hillsbororiver

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 06:20:42 PM »

Amen!

sometimes its hard not to think your speaking to yourself when you say the same things as Others. ;D

mercie, I certainly can appreciate that, have been there too!

Joe

mercie

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 06:22:41 PM »

Amen!

mercie, I certainly can appreciate that, have been there too!

Joe

Thanks to your  for ear for listening Joe

Many Thanks
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 08:03:41 PM by mercie »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.