bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has this ever happened to you?  (Read 8758 times)

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Has this ever happened to you?
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 04:04:43 AM »

- Hi, thanks for sharing.

I also praise God for using a very special servant/sister here on the forum to comfort, exhort, and lead me to greater understanding, with a kind and patient hand.

To have a friend like this one Janine is priceless. Blessings to your friend and you too!  :)

Antiwan -
What is it that you meditate on all day? What do you think about all day?

Other than the job at hand, always in the back of my mind thinking that "my life is a vapor" and "think it not strange the fiery trial of your faith", no matter how long the disconnect seems to me, in the grand scope of it all, its really only a short time period. Also, I really like to think on the BTF. What you all have posted here and there and what is going on with you all. I check in a LOT mostly from midnight to noon to see what is happening with everyone.

is scripture the answer?

I'm sure that the answer to almost all of life's problems can be found in scripture. Am I reading it? Not much. I do way more reading here on BTF than in my Bible. My old KJV sets there beside the bed. I open it to see what might come my way, read a verse or two and that is about it.

If not what is there to talk about?

Spiritually speaking? No, not much at all but, I find that in talking to folks if I listen really really close, I find that God operates, speaks through, works in and out of every one of them. I think it is God's way of letting me know, He is still there.

Yes! Be patient! I get bored too! Sometimes you just want something to happen!
but remember these:
Php 4:11  Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
I love this verse:
Php 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Ha! Patience is not one of my attributes. Great verses there, thanks.

Your in good company!

Thats strangely comforting. I can tell by all of the posts on this topic that a lot of us have taken this boat ride. Thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:25:43 AM by Craig »
Stacey

Phil3:10

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 07:32:10 PM »

Stacey,
I have spent much time reflecting on your post. Thanks to all that have contributed as I find some of myself in each post. I am not at all happy with the time I spend in prayer or in the Scriptures. However, I do realize that our GOD is in total control and is directing my moment by moment lifetime experiences.  Thanks to Ray Smith and this blessed site for opening the real truths of our Lord to my mind and heart.
I seem to find myself facing firey trials always,  But, I now have a real peace and comfort that I never had before.  It is just HIM, I am nothing and the more I humble myself to HIM the easier it becomes. I seem to have a wonderful experience from some word or question that I come across in this site or Ray's teachings every so often.  I find myself spending hours in a certain verse or study that brings light and a real worshipful experience. However, I again drift into my more normal routine of too much television or neglect of the things that I found so wonderful. I have come to realize that this is the human nature and that trying to make myself pray or get deep into the scriptures profits little. I am coming to believe that GOD feeds me when HE knows I am most receptive and most needful of HIS comfort.
GOD'S timetable is always right. It does pain me that HE does not shake me and make me desire a closer and more intimate relationship with HIM. I am so very thankful that GOD does reveal Himself more to me as HE know best and for the growth HE has provided and prayerfully will continue to provide. I am thankful that HE has put in my heart that HE is in total control.
I find great comfort in just thanking HIM briefly for little things and asking for the small blessings of this life. HE knows everything about me so I cannot hide anything. HIS love is without condition and HIS mercy endures forever. Again, my thanks to you all and to our GOD for providing this forum as a place of infinite blessings.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 05:41:35 AM »

Phil3:13
It is just HIM, I am nothing

Hi Phil, what you said here reminds me of one of my favorite songs, Nothing Without You by Beebo Norman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLeDySWGfOw

The key word in the title of the song is Without. Surely without God we are nothing, can do nothing, and would not even exist but, thank God there is the BUT, WITH GOD, together,united by Him when He decides to bring us out, set us down, set us straight, show us a thing or two, speak to us by a word here or there, thanks to Him, we ARE SOMETHING! Something very special, maybe not in our own eye's, surely not in mine (speaking of myself only) but, to God, we are worth EVERYTHING and that my friend, is really something! :)

I seem to have a wonderful experience from some word or question that I come across in this site or Ray's teachings every so often.  I find myself spending hours in a certain verse or study that brings light and a real worshipful experience.

That wonderful experience you mention is, to me, true Communion. God's Spirit communicating with ours.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 05:42:41 AM by Stacey »
Stacey

anniej

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 12:47:13 PM »

Take heart, Stacy! 

God tell us there's a time for everything under Heaven.  Sometimes, we are in a place of learning, growing and communicating with Him.  Other times, we are not.  It doesn't mean your walk is not as strong or you aren't connected the way you should be.

As we learn and grow, His truths become more deeply woven into the fabric of our very beings. We carry those truths within at all times whether we are conscious of them or not.  The most important thing is that we remain open to His leading and willing to do the work He places in our paths.

Embrace every season of your life and trust that you are in His perfect will at all times!

Annie
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.