bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: God Makes Foolish the Wisdom of the World  (Read 15505 times)

mharrell08

God Makes Foolish the Wisdom of the World
« on: September 02, 2010, 11:28:26 AM »

FYI: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gXTqqeOkfGj1m48YIY_JoiFK-q3wD9HVOML81

Ps 53:1  The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."

1 Cor 1:20  ...Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1 Cor 3:18-19  If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written,  “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”

And this man is considered one of the smartest individuals on this earth but doesn't have a clue about the things of God. If this doesn't prove that God calls those He predestines [Rom 8:30] and no one knows God until the knowledge is given [Matt 11:17], then I don't what would.

Marques

GaryK

Re: God Makes Foolish the Wisdom of the World
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:02:21 PM »

“Physicist Stephen Hawking says God wasn't necessary for the creation of the universe.”

“Hawking says "it is not necessary to invoke God to ... get the Universe going."

Interesting. 

God is ‘real’, but just not necessary? 

Or:     God ‘isn’t’.........?

I'm certain the 'books' would sufficiently explain the answer.

But then again, the motivation of any statement from Hawking is transparent:

In his new book, "The Grand Design”  Buy new: $28.00

In his previous book, "A Brief History of Time”   Price:   $26.40

(YLT) Mat 15:14  let them alone, guides they are--blind of blind; and if blind may guide blind, both into a ditch shall fall.'

jassy

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 12:10:35 PM »

the British scientist says unraveling a complex series of theories will explain the universe.

Pray tell me how you can unravel a theory. Its a theory for petes sake. You unravel facts, scientific certainties. Like you try and unravel how electricity works.

Hawkins has been doing this dance with the Lord for years. He still has not figured out God is calling the tune.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 12:25:35 PM »

LONDON — Physicist Stephen Hawking says God wasn't necessary for the creation of the universe.

In his new book, "The Grand Design," the British scientist says unraveling a complex series of theories will explain the universe. The book, written with Leonard Mlodinow, is to be published Sept. 9.

In an extract published in The Times on Thursday, Hawking says spontaneous creation is the reason there is something — as opposed to nothing.

Hawking says "it is not necessary to invoke God to ... get the Universe going."

In his previous book, "A Brief History of Time," Hawking had appeared to accept the possibility of a creator, saying the discovery of a complete theory would allow humans to "know the mind of God."

All in accord to the Plan and Wisdom of our God.
Arc :)

Marky Mark

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 12:53:35 PM »

In an extract published in The Times on Thursday, Hawking says spontaneous creation is the reason there is somethingas opposed to nothing.

Come on now Mr. Hawking,did the chicken really come before the egg? Or was it the egg before the chicken? Man,now I'm really confused. Oh well,maybe the chicken is just a theory that us moronic humans need to meditate on.

Cock a doodle do!
What is my dame to do?
Till master's found his fiddlingstick,
She'll dance without her shoe.

Cock a doodle do!
My dame has found her shoe,
And master's found his fiddlingstick,
Sing cock a doodle do!

Cock a doodle do!
My dame will dance with you,
While master fiddles his fiddlingstick,
And[Mister Hawkings] knows not what to do!!!

???   :o   ::)   ;)   :P   :D

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 01:13:02 PM »

Rom 1:21-22  Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools....

I was out late last night walking the dog and it was a starry night.  Looking up into the heavens and seeing thousands of stars and knowing for every star I was able to see with the naked eye that their are hundreds of thousands of stars more....and around most of those stars are planets and each planet is a perfectly round orb.  How does this happen by 'chance'?  How does order come out of the cahos of the big bang?  A stellar explosion coming from out of nothing and making perfectly round stars and planets by the billions?  For all of Mr. Hawking's brains he doesn't have the intelligence to muse on things this simple but yet this profound.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 01:14:07 PM by Arion »

GaryK

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 01:53:58 PM »

In an extract published in The Times on Thursday, Hawking says spontaneous creation is the reason there is somethingas opposed to nothing.

Come on now Mr. Hawking,did the chicken really come before the egg? Or was it the egg before the chicken? Man,now I'm really confused. Oh well,maybe the chicken is just a theory that us moronic humans need to meditate on.

Marky Mark, let your confusion be no more.

Behold, I show you the truth.

Chicken Came Before the Egg: "Scientific Proof"

British scientists claim to have solved one of the great mysteries of life, the universe and everything in it: The chicken came before the egg, they say, and they're not mincing words.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/14/tech/main6676542.shtml

soberxp

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 04:06:39 PM »

:"cuz god want people as Physicist Stephen Hawking  who looking into the sky into the universe space,when they looking into the universe space,they will found almost everywhere has a BANG,then they shall understand that God bless us every one 上帝保佑我们每一个人
We're a broken people living under loaded gun 我们却是活在枪口之下"
---------Linkinpark new single The Catalyst

Marky Mark

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 05:47:35 PM »

Marky Mark, let your confusion be no more.

Behold, I show you the truth.

Chicken Came Before the Egg: "Scientific Proof"

British scientists claim to have solved one of the great mysteries of life, the universe and everything in it: The chicken came before the egg, they say, and they're not mincing words.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/14/tech/main6676542.shtml

Thanks GaryK... you made my day.

Hey Mr.Hawking,put this in your pipe and smoke it.  :D

Which is good, because in spite of HECToR's hard work and the "scientific proof" it yielded, the study offered no explanation as to how the chicken got there in the first place.
If not from an egg, perhaps it just came from across the road.
:P

Peace...Mark

Kat

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 08:04:58 PM »

It's curious that Hawking did consider the possibility of there being a God at one time, as was stated;  In his previous book, "A Brief History of Time," Hawking had appeared to accept the possibility of a creator...

It seems that one can focus and study about the physical world and come to great understanding of those things, if God so wills it. But where the spiritual is concern not the wisest person in this world could gain understanding no matter how much they contemplate on it. Spiritual knowledge is only gained from above and by the Holy Spirit. One day he will be given understanding, but not because he figured it out and maybe he will here about it from some person who he would consider a scientific ignoramus  ;)

God is not calling the wise of this world.

1Co 1:27  but God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise...

1Co 1:29-30  so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.  He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom,

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Gabriel

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 11:51:40 AM »

What is Mr. Hawking going to do with this though?

Psa 18:15  Then the channels of the sea were seen, The foundations of the world were uncovered At Your rebuke, O LORD, At the blast of the breath of Your nostrils.

and

Psa 104:2  Who cover Yourself with light as with a garment, Who stretch out the heavens like a curtain.

;)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 12:29:19 PM »

Joh 12:48  He that rejecteth Me, and receiveth not My words, hath one that judgeth him: The Word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the Last Day.

Arc
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:31:07 PM by Arcturus »

Marky Mark

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 03:35:46 PM »

What is Mr. Hawking going to do with this though?

Psa 18:15  Then the channels of the sea were seen, The foundations of the world were uncovered At Your rebuke, O LORD, At the blast of the breath of Your nostrils.

and

Psa 104:2  Who cover Yourself with light as with a garment, Who stretch out the heavens like a curtain.

;)

Mr. Hawking can not deny historical documentation that Scripture brings to the table.To deny Scripture is to deny Truth. As smart as Hawking is one would have to think that as a scientist he would be willing to seek out all of the facts, whether they be from a biblical veiwpoint or not.God has revealed in Scripture some amazing things, but blind people can not see.

STARS - GALAXIES - THE UNIVERSE
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=5815.0

Now notice this in Psalms.

Psalms 104:2  Who cover Yourself with light as with a garment, Who STRETCH OUT the heavens like a curtain.

What?  You read that and you say that’s kind of poetic talk of King David in the Psalms.  But it isn’t just King David though.

Isa 40:21  “Have you not known?  Have you not heard?  Has it not been told you from the beginning?  Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth?
v. 22  It is He who sits upon (it should be above) the circle of the earth…”

How did they know the earth was a circle?  Some of the most intelligent scientist in all of Great Brittan, just a couple hundred years ago, they thought it was flat.  How come the Bible knew it was a circle?  That’s not my point though.  Continuing in verse 22.

“…And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who STRETCHES  OUT the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in (or under).”

It’s like a great tent, under this canopy, this celestial tent.  But it says “stretches” it’s in the indefinite, like the Greek aorist tense.  Much of King James has it properly, some times it doesn’t though, in key scripture lot of times it doesn’t.

John 3:16  “For God so LOVED the world…”  NO, that’s not what it says in the Greek.  He didn’t ‘loved’ the world once and now He doesn’t.  It’s in the aorist tense.  “For God thus LOVES” He loved them, He loves all along, He loves now, He will love in the future.  It’s indefinite, it’s the past - present - future tense.  “God so loves the world…”  You see that’s how it should be translated.  Any scholar knows that this is indefinite.
The Concordant version translates it “who is stretching out…”  Now that really puts it in the present, Young’s has the same.   

Isa 40:22  “…Who is (present tense - now is) stretching out as a thin gauze the heavens…” (CLV)

How could they say that?  How would any one know that the heavens are being stretched out?  Any logical person, being a Godly man or atheist, if he was to consider that somebody did make the heavens, they would say, ‘well up there is a star and somebody made it.’  Where did He make it?  ‘Well right there where it is.’  There are stars on the other side of the earth, looking the other way.  Up there is the moon.  Where did He make the moon, over in Palestine or down in Africa?  ‘Well there, that’s where it is, so that’s where He made it.’  Here’s the sun, well where did He make the sun?  ‘Right there, where it is, that’s where He made the sun.’  Anybody would see that.  That’s the only logical conclusion that your brain could come to.  Where ever it is, if there is a God, that’s where He made it. 

But that’s not what the Bible says.  The Bible says, “He is (present tense) stretching out…the heavens.”  How could they know that?!  The best scientist in the world didn’t know that until just a couple years ago.  This is amazing stuff.  This is mind boggling stuff.  The writers knew that the heavens are moving out.  You can’t see that.  It takes the most sophisticated knowledge and instruments that science could come up with in thousands of years to finally measure that they are moving.  Yet Isaiah and King David they knew it thousands of years ago.  It’s unbelievable, it’s just unbelievable.  Now this is very specific and it’s very scientific.

Peace...Mark

soberxp

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 04:01:24 PM »

I wanna add something...........as we all knew God is the creator
we are just disciple; follower ,student; pupil ,
no matter who we are,
rich man
painter
fabulist
sculptors
inventor
philosopher
musician
medical scientist
biologist
Geographer
building engineer
military engineer
Christian
catholic
we are just a person who has studied theology (I think THE REAL theology should include:
1.science; scientific knowledge
2.philosophy
3.thought; thinking; idea; ideology)

JUST wana remind you guys.we are not HATER.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 04:02:57 PM by soberxp »

soberxp

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 04:33:24 PM »

My husband showed me some pictures this morning. We looked at them together and we could stop saying "WOW!". How could anyone look at these and deny God the Creator!

http://postomania.ru/post125506495/?ref=nf

THE FACT is they can,cuz you should understand that International educate is bring up, deny "superstition; superstitious belief; blind faith; blind worship "  and deny God the Creator.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 04:35:05 PM »

To my mind, Stephen Hawkings comes closer to having understanding of Scriptural creation than those that teach God created the universe in 6 24-hour days, 6000 years ago.

Science says that the stars and planets are round because of gravity.  Not all 'celestial bodies' are round...because they lack sufficient mass to 'make' themselves round in the time they've had to do so.  It requires no faith to 'believe' that.  

Just maybe if young earth 'creationists' had the faith to believe scripture, they wouldn't be limiting God.  Maybe their unscriptural irrationality is at least part of the cause of Mr. Hawkings blindness.  Just saying, is all.  

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 04:53:45 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Gabriel

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 05:12:49 PM »

Thats a good point Dave and I've always felt that the whole 'science is evil' thing spread by most of Christendom has caused many to lose faith among other heresies. My opinion honest science glorifies God. :)  
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:52:05 PM by Gabriel »

soberxp

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 05:52:20 PM »

Thats good point Dave and I've always felt that the whole 'science is evil' thing spread by most of Christendom has caused many to lose faith among other heresies. My opinion honest science glorifies God. :)  

well said.   honest science in glory on God.

daywalker

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 08:43:14 PM »

When Stephen Hawkings can come up with a logical theory of how a painting can come into existence without a painter... then maybe I'll entertain his theory for the rest of the universe.

Daywalker  8)

cjwood

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 02:42:52 AM »

Hawkins has been doing this dance with the Lord for years. He still has not figured out God is calling the tune.

it really is that simple jassy. spot on statement!

claudia
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 22 queries.