bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: God Makes Foolish the Wisdom of the World  (Read 16072 times)

Astrapho

Re: God Makes Foolish the Wisdom of the World
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 01:02:10 AM »

I've only read a Brief History of Time once, and I found it overwhelming 2 years ago... Maybe I'll give it another read. But I remember that "maybe we'll know the mind of God" statement. He's pretty damned impressive, being able to juggle all that math in his head and one miserable cheek muscle... But all that, and he still doesn't believe in God? Incredible.

My husband showed me some pictures this morning. We looked at them together and we could stop saying "WOW!". How could anyone look at these and deny God the Creator!

http://postomania.ru/post125506495/?ref=nf

I'm terrified of insects, so I didn't make it through the page. D; But those are some amazing pics.

Spontaneous creation.  Is that like something creating itself out of nothing?  Show me the scientific experiment where that ever happened.  In other words, an uncaused cause.

Primary reason why I believe in God in spite of all the atheist scientists. I don't believe it's turtles all the way down. And then when I try to think of where God could come from my mind explodes.

mind asplodes
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 01:04:22 AM by Astrapho »

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 02:56:24 AM »

When Stephen Hawkings can come up with a logical theory of how a painting can come into existence without a painter... then maybe I'll entertain his theory for the rest of the universe.

Daywalker  8)

I agree Chris!
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Joel

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 12:20:44 PM »

Spontaneous creation???? reminds me of spontaneous human combustion, that has be proved wrong. Had to be something there for the spark, such as smoking.  ::)

Joel

soberxp

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 10:18:55 PM »

The world has been made by fools that wise men should live in it. ──Oscar Wilde
God Makes Foolish the Wisdom of the World

do you think these are same meaning?

Dawidos

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 10:06:04 AM »

We're getting back to this important word - contrast. Without fools, there would be no wise ones.

aqrinc

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 07:47:17 PM »

My little question, if everything was made from nothing :o; who or what made the nothing that everything was made from????????.

In case anyone think that is a foolish question, would not that nothing, have to be af a different kind than normal nothing :-\.

just saying :o.

george 8).

judith collier

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 03:11:30 AM »

George, I have no idea but there is a song about it. All I remember is "nothing from nothing means nothing" Whatever that means!!!!
judy

soberxp

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 03:45:52 AM »

you should look it(nothing) as "Hieroglyphic".
no+thing=nothing
so what's "no thing"? could you understand it as spritual thing?

for example:when you dream,you can feel everything is real,but no thing.it's spritual thing.

whose dream we live in ?
NO one.....
they think.

you?

me?

GOD.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 03:58:40 AM by soberxp »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010, 05:26:27 AM »

We are out of God in Christ. So there is no such thing as “nothing”.  :D

Just like free-will is a myth of mans doctrines and demonology, so too is nothing a myth. Even a vacuum is something ~ so is a black hole :D

Ref LOF 2

God does NOT operate the universe by decisions based on nothing and therefore having no cause.

"In Whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him Who works [Greek: ‘is operating’] ALL things after [after what? His ‘free’ will?] ... After the COUNSEL of His own will" (Eph. 1:11)!

Nor does God create things out of NOTHING:
"...IN [Greek is ‘in’ not ‘by’] Him [Christ] is ALL CREATED, that in the heavens and that on the earth..." (Col. 1:16).

"For OUT [the Greek is ‘out’ not ‘of’] of Him and THROUGH Him and FOR [Greek is ‘for’ not ‘to’] is ALL" (Rom. 11:36).

So creation is "IN Christ," but "OUT of God." Not, out of "nothing." The universe consists of the things of God’s already eternally existing SELF. God is SPIRIT (John 4:24). And what is matter but invisible spiritual power and energy?

"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that THINGS which are seen [physical matter] were not made of things [were they then made of nothing? NO] which DO APPEAR" (Heb. 11:3).

There it is. God made everything out of things that DO NOT APPEAR [invisible things] not out of things that do appear [physical things], and this is because GOD HIMSELF IS INVISIBLE!

"Now to the King of the eons, the incorruptible, INVISIBLE, only, and wise God..." (I Tim. 1:17)

Arc

« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 05:45:21 AM by Arcturus »

Stacey

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 10:39:03 AM »

We are out of God in Christ. So there is no such thing as “nothing”. 

AMEN!

Stacey

cjwood

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 02:51:01 AM »

just as we have heard many times before:

you can shine a flashlight in a blind man's eyes and he will still be blind.

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2010, 06:22:16 AM »

just as we have heard many times before:

you can shine a flashlight in a blind man's eyes and he will still be blind.

claudia

That is so true and worth hearing again claudia! ...Then this thought came....You can give a blind person a spoon full of salt and they will sure taste it! If strong enough, the sting may bring tears to their eyes and flush out some of that blindness... :D God willing of course! :D

Maybe light doesn't sting...its the salt!  :D
Arc

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.