bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Told wife about me belief, her reaction was....  (Read 4682 times)

santikos

Told wife about me belief, her reaction was....
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:43:31 PM »

Ok family, i finally did it. I have been internalizing all my beliefs from my wife because i did not want to cause division in the home. She knew about 1 month ago that i did not believe in "hell". She never really questioned it, just made some comment about me not believing Jesus. Lately when we discussed God i just spoke of his love and how unconditional it was. She was very attentive when i spoke about our father's love.

Yesterday she asked the question, " what have you learned that you can say it is a wrong teaching?" I answered that the tithe was totally wrong. She was shocked.
 Then she really asked "the question".
      Why do you not believe in hell, are you 100% sure?
I was shocked, my mind raced and me heart skipped a beat . Her eyes were not challenging, she was really interested in my belief. I was,  for the first time since believing in salvation for all, ready to give an answer for my hope.
I explained many of the scriptures that refute ET. She did ask the questions that i thought she would, i.e. LOF, wide and narrow gate etc.. . I was suprised that i gave, although not as thorough as some of you here have, a good answer. When i was done, i asked if she thought i was crazy, "no" was the answer 
I thought when i went on telling her about salvation for all she would really lose it. Well, she maintained her demeanor and really accepted what i was saying. I am sure i planted a seed and just pray that God will water it.
I was able to tell her how i felt like a prisoner at home because i could not share my beliefs with her. I must admit that it was a liberating moment when the whole conversation was over.
I must say that i would not have been able to do it without you here at this forum. Thanks

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: Told wife about me belief, her reaction was....
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 01:17:10 PM »

Blessings to you and glad that you were able to get some of these things off your chest with her.  Now calls for patience on your part and to resist the temptation to share too much at this point.  Solid food is for the mature in Christ, the babes will spit it back up.  When she is ready for more she'll ask you and perhaps she will take an interest in some of the teachings here.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 02:50:45 PM »

I am sure i planted a seed and just pray that God will water it.

You did not plant the seed yesterday.  God planted the seed a long time ago when you took a humble attitude and did not give your wife an in your face lecture on God.  The seed was planted when she saw the change in you and your speaking of our Fathers love.

Yesterday that seed sprouted and God gave YOU the gift of being able to provide the first bit of water and nourishment.  God will nurture the growth if you stay out of the way and let Him.

I've said many times, we don't need to go out and force our beliefs on people, just let Christ live in us and the people will come to you, then when they do God will provide you with the answers.

Craig

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »

we don't need to go out and force our beliefs on people, just let Christ live in us and the people will come to you, then when they do God will provide you with the answers.

Craig

When the truths first started coming to me, I tried my best to convince people. I found it amazing that people just didn't understand things that came across as so simple to me.

Well, after a few heated discussions and a lot of disappointment, God finally let me to the wisdom that you stated. I realized we can plant the seeds, but must have patience and humility, then God will cause the rest to happen.

Now, I'm starting to see people come to me more. In fact, one is a pastor that I will be meeting with soon.

Just praying now that I will continue to be humble and an effective vessel for our Lord.

santikos

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 04:58:24 PM »

Craig said
"Yesterday that seed sprouted and God gave YOU the gift of being able to provide the first bit of water and nourishment.  God will nurture the growth if you stay out of the way and let Him."

I really do appriciate the advice. i am going to let God do what he does best.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 05:10:35 PM »

Craig used the word, "lecture" in the council and encouragement he shared. That word "lecture" that we are cautioned not to engage, can perhaps be replaced with the word, communicate, from the heart, your heart of care and  sensitivity with reverential regard for God, towards those He has put in the dark fear of their bondage and blindness for the Purpose of His Glory, until He releases them for that Glory.  8)

What a marvelous work and privilege to be included in, by God who gave you the joy to consider the questions your wife has asked santikos.

God has caused you to have patience and forbearance and kindness and of course you love her, which helps! :)

Arc

dre91

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 07:53:30 PM »

you're blessed to have such a great wife who is openminded, listens, and respects your belief. my wife didn't. my belief really caused my wife not to want to be with me especially when i stopped attending church.

EKnight

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 02:26:28 AM »

I would feel quite encouraged by this if I were you santikos.  I know I was moved by this story. 

Eileen

santikos

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 10:34:27 AM »

I must say that i am highly encouraged. I will just wait for her to ask any questions she might have. i do not want to try to knock her beliefs, because just a few months ago i believe them as well.

tinknocker

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 04:25:55 AM »

It's exciting to see God open the eyes and ears of our spouses to the truth. I'm very blessed in that He did this in my marriage also.

tinknocker
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.