bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Destiny?  (Read 7454 times)

EKnight

Destiny?
« on: September 02, 2010, 09:16:09 PM »

Back when I was young, I had two aunts that had houses in this small friendly lake community where my parents would take us to visit on Memorial or Labor Day or fourth of July.  One time I spent a week at my Aunt Catherine's house there.  She did not live there year round, it was a summer house.  Some of my brothers and sisters were there more often than I was but we all have fond and happy memories of the place.  The roads are tight and you have to drive real slow.  There is a small lake where my cousins water skied. 

A few years ago, my husband and I went to look at a few houses that were for sale there (Peach lake) thinking maybe we could have a summer home or winter "love nest" there.  The prices were too high for that though.

Today at work I was so tired and it seemed like the day would never end.  I just wanted to get home have a glass of wine and take a nap.  On my way home I was thinking about my future and how I've been imagining living in a small beach community (like in Nights in Rodanthe-the movie) and I've looked online but they just don't seem to exist.  They are all so built up and touristy and expensive.  Then I think I would like to live in a place like Peach lake.  Then I think 'how cool would it be if I went online when I got home and found that my aunt's old house was for sale'.  I then remember that my bank where I work has one branch there and maybe I could work there.  Then I wonder, how far would it be for Jeannine to commute to her College from there. 

I get home, I go online, I type in the town and the very first house I see?  Yes, my aunt Catherine's old house FOR SALE!!!!  I couldn't believe it!  I texted my sister who got just as excited as me.  I called my mom (Catherine was her sister).  Of course she was all nostalgic and said "if you're off tomorrow, maybe you should take a drive over there".  I really expected her to say I was crazy to even consider moving there but she went so far as to mention a few relatives she still has living nearby there. 

The cost of the house is probably only a little less than I could sell my house for and it's a lot smaller too.  But it's less property to care for and I think the taxes are much lower. 

I don't know.  I am not sure why this happened the way it did.  Is it God or deceiving spirits or just coincidence?  It just seems to incredible to be coincidence.

What do you guys think?

Eileen

lauriellen

Re: Destiny?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 10:39:56 PM »

hi eileen,
i think it sounds wonderful, and if God really intends this to be, it will happen.
i too long to 'simplify' and sometimes daydream of moving to a small quiet
house tucked away somewhere peaceful.....and then reality slaps me accross
the face! lol......i have to remind myself that the peace and solitude i long for
is not going to be found 'out there somewhere', but within, with God, and i
try to be content with whatever my physical surroundings are...when i find
myself getting too caught up in my 'things', i just remind myself that all of
them are going to be done away with someday......that helps me to let them go
emotionally.....hope it all works out well for you, either way.
lauriellen

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 11:06:24 PM »

Hi Eileen,
It has been my experience that sometimes God will give us the desires of our hearts.
I for one would take your thoughts from today and the FOR SALE of your aunt's place as a wittiness from God.

Joel

EKnight

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 11:47:19 PM »

It certainly did occur to me that perhaps God is trying to show me that I am getting way too excited over something physical.  But, at the same time, I have been looking to find something smaller because this week especially has been nothing but home repair after home repair which is why I was feeling so tired and down today. 

Knowing God is in control has been freeing but at the same time, frustrating.  Not ever sure of what path I shoud be taking and what lessons I should be learning.  The truth is, it would be hard to give up the home my husband and I have shared for the past twelve years, but living in my aunts old house would make the move easier somehow.

I guess whatever happens is what is supposed to happen so why bother dwelling on the whole thing.  I just don't see why God would bring me to this point if it were not meant to happen.  It's kinda confusing for me.

Eileen

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 12:29:00 AM »

Eileen, for what it's worth, here's what I think.  I think you should do what you want.  If it's a wonderful experience to live in your aunt's old house, you will thank God for nudging you to do so.  If it's not, you will thank God for making you smarter, and stronger.  And if you don't buy it, you will thank God for whatever other option He provides you.

One thing I know for sure is...there are not devils in every doorknob.

I think you know what you want to do.  I'm a pretty practical guy, so I'd be wanting to make sure it's still in good shape.   

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 12:43:42 AM »

I don't know.  I am not sure why this happened the way it did.  Is it God or deceiving spirits or just coincidence?  It just seems to incredible to be coincidence.

eileen,
above all else, remember that God the Father of Jesus Christ is Sovereign and has Absolute power and control over all of His Territory. with Him there is no such thing as coincidence because if there were, it would mean something happened that He was not aware was going to happen. and i know that you know this is not true. for a surety eileen, this is ALL of God no matter what the outcome. we, and many others, have been praying for you and your family, and your situation. He hears our petitions. i got so excited reading your post. please, please keep us posted.

love in Christ,
claudia
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:49:42 AM by cjwood »

EKnight

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 02:24:29 AM »

Well, I have yet to hear a discouraging word neither here or from any family members.  Even my son TJ who would not be coming with me was encouraging and when I asked him what would he do he said "I'll figure something out".  If I could work at the branch near this house, it's actually closer than to where I work now. 

My husband's sister said "I know it's impulsive but I want to encourage you and it's so serendipity"

The only one against it is Jeannine who simply does not want to leave her dad's home.  I understand that and so would Mark.  He had such a hard time moving to this house from our old house.  He wrote me a 4 page love letter pertaining to our old house.  I know where she get's her sentimentality. 

I really would like to do this.  I pray this is where God has led me as it appears ideal in so many ways.

Thanks for your valued input.

Eileen

judith collier

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 04:41:55 AM »

Hi Eileen. I know everyone has experienced an opportunity come knocking and I do think all this is of God. Like Dave said basically it will boil down to what you want. And the indecision, the back and forth, will show you how much you really want this.
As we get older most of us have to downsize and we have to look out for ourselves, children will take up their own lives eventually and we have to remember that.
I wish you well for the future.
love, Judy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 08:18:15 AM »

Something similar happened to me Eileen. We had lost our home (won’t go into details) and I was wrought silly trying to find another place to stay. My emotions were shot and I had fallen down the stairs, in the rain, of the last house we’d last seen. I cried to God (I cried to Him telling Him I knew not to ask about “things” as the Pagans do but BUT We needed a HOUSE!) God shot back a thought, “over the road with water frontage” I was so limp and drained I could not respond. On the way to see yet another house, my husband said his Father told him of a property that was for sale “over the road with river frontage.” I was so excited. We cancelled our appointment and turned around. We have been living in the house that was “over the road with river frontage” now, for over a year!

What I wanted to share with you, is that God made us pay everything we had to show that we wanted what we knew God had appointed to us.  God tested us MANY TIMES,  to purge out any doubts. He sent buyers who offered more than we could pay. He made the partner of the Agent through who we purchased the house, try to persuade her to get more commission on the bigger offers she had received, that included a Church that bought next door from us and has put up a HUGE building (church). They had the money means and intentions and desires YET God had other Plans!

God put us through a grueling time, before He released to us our new boundaries. I know you have not had a easy time that may also have been the necessary preparations to spring you into action to go get what God has for you? I don’t know. I do know and believe God can turn us around.

God can give you a place to live and whether or not you believe your Aunt’s house is the one that is good and well for you, God knows what’s best. The first house I prayed to God to give us, was trashed by vandals the same week our offer was refused by the Agent. If that wasn’t a sign God said NO, then…..I don’t know what is! :o

I am so happy God has shown you what He can do and arrange for you! God can do anything.

Through our Brother Paul 8)

Act 17:24  GOD who made the universe and everything in it--He, being Lord of Heaven and earth, does not dwell in sanctuaries built by men.
Act 17:25  Nor is He ministered to by human hands, as though He needed anything--but He Himself gives to all men life and breath and all things.
Act 17:26  He caused to spring from one forefather people of every race, for them to live on the whole surface of the earth, and marked out for them an appointed span of life and the BOUNDARIES OF THEIR HOMES:

Arc
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:22:17 AM by Arcturus »

acomplishedartis

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 11:10:34 AM »

I agree with this saying that somebody else said: 'peace and solitude i long for
is not going to be found 'out there somewhere', but within, with God, and i
try to be content with whatever my physical surroundings are...'

At list God knows I try it.

However once you are already content in within, You can go anywhere and you will be okay.
Personally I am getting tired of cities.
We always do what we prefer and we can't always get what we want.I a firm believer of destiny, predestination, no chances out of nothing... I am a walking miracle! (just as we all in here are)

Regarding places, I know that feeling of missing much, sometimes not much because the place it self but the good memories there. One thing that used to help me on the process of changing is having pictures just to remember and even share somebody else about that precious place.

well. I have to go now

Moises

soberxp

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 01:24:33 PM »

the work of god that fate had finally found you.     ;) certification accomplished
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 02:16:09 PM by soberxp »

chav

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 04:44:26 PM »

Hi Eilleen
I'm really pleased for you hope it all works out.
Dave

EKnight

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 08:32:48 PM »

It seems that I cannot afford this house.  I can't afford (anymore) the house I'm in either.  I think God just did this to throw me back into depression.  I just don't understand.

Eileen

lauriellen

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »

Dear Eileen,
try not to be too dissappointed. We are all in the 'fire' together. God is refining & tempering us to produce His fruit (patience, longsufferring, ect). Whatever God has planned will be. Maybe He has something even better in mind for you.
(If not in this life, certainly in the next). He wants to be our ALL. (All in All). I say this to myself as much as you. Patience is not my thing, and i am sure God gets tired of my anger & whinning....but being made in Gods image is a painful & lifelong proccess....find your peace & contentment in God alone and you won't be dissappointed by the physical....everything physical (houses, bodies, auto's, ect) are all temporary....our relationship with God is spiritual & forever.
We all may suffer the loss of 'ALL THINGS' (litterally) before God is through molding us....if that is His plan, then so be it. ....1Co 15:10  But by the grace of God I am what I am:.....trust in God alone to direct your life in the way that He has already predestined; Psa 37:23  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
Psa 37:24  Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
love & blessings,
lauriellen

soberxp

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 10:05:40 PM »

(—﹏—|||) sad.

Did you do something wrong?
when such thing happen to me,I always tell myself that's must something I did wrong in God's eye,

or that's my endurance
Job 1:9  "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. 
Job 1:10  "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 
Job 1:11  But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face." 

Hope you'll be ok.

Blessings

cjwood

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 12:34:35 AM »

eileen, God the Father loves you more than you even loved your mark. that kind of Love is will NOT do anything to send you back into depression. that would be cruel and our Father is not cruel. perhaps it is just an opportunity for you to check out other options regarding financing, whether for the old home of your aunts or your current home. but, i am convinced that God is working with you in different areas of your life. you are always in His hands eileen. i know that you have been shown this. you are experiencing the transition of not only knowing it, but living it.  we are all here for you.

claudia

Stacey

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 06:25:29 AM »

that would be cruel and our Father is not cruel

That's a highly debatable thing there Claudia, good thing we ain't allowed to do that.  ;D Depending on how 'cruel' is defined and understood by the one receiving judgement/chastisement teaching and correction.

Eileen, I know you have been through a whole bunch as of lately and I really wish it would pass quickly for you and you can get on the other side of it and be in a time of rest and peace. I hope you didn't miss what lauriellen said but just in case you did, she said,

We are all in the 'fire' together

That, is right on the money! AMEN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ICnk-gWx8A&feature=related

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 08:59:01 AM by Stacey »
Stacey

soberxp

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »

it could be on anything.

lauriellen

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 06:13:56 PM »

dear eileen,
i hope you are feeling better about things today....you have been on my mind alot and i hope you will find encouragement here in the replies to your post.
A scripture that i have been going back to alot is:

Mat 21:44  And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

i don't know why, but this scripture has stuck in my mind and i do truely feel like all that i have (idols) are being 'ground to powder.'  All of my life, the most important thing to me was my family....that seems to be the first thing God is taking away....but the loss of my son lead me to learn the truth about God.
i too have been battling depression for a year & a half, and it is a battle i know.
But even in this i believe is a purpose. My family is also being destroyed by desease, addictions, broken relationships, rebellious teens, ect.....i know it is hard for me not to shake my fist at God with ANGER sometimes....i am constantly asking Him to forgive my IMpatience, my LACK of long-sufferring, ect...Jesus said (Matt 5) that we are BLESSED if we mourn, BLESSED if we are poor, BLESSED if we are persecuted, ect......i think we all FORGET that we are being BLESSED with our trials.....it certainly doesn't FEEL like a blessing, but i think therein lies our problem....we are too concerned with HOW WE FEEL....i don't think love, patience, longsufferring (fruit of the spirit) can be based upon how we feel.....if i exercised ONLY when i FELT LIKE IT, i would NEVER exercise!  if we wait on the WARM FUZZY FEELING' of the fruit of the spirit, it may never come....we just have to ACT, even when we don't feel anything. we have to KNOW that we are being blessed in our trials, even if it hurts deeply.
love to you,
lauriellen

judith collier

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 08:40:36 PM »

Eileen, I agree with Claudia that this house might be a catylist for moving ahead. Gets confusing, doesn't it?
I quit trying to figure it all out, I go nuts when I do. Please look at the depression for what it is, grieving, loneliness, confusion and anger! Man's mind toward the sadness of life.
Do not confuse this with God.
I have wished that many yrs. ago I had bought a house that was, at the time, apparently over my head with regard to finances. It seemed best then.  Well, looking back, this was the best house for us for many reasons I was not aware that would come about.
love, Judy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.