bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just for fun  (Read 5392 times)

longhorn

Just for fun
« on: July 02, 2006, 11:15:31 AM »

A couple of months ago while I was wallowing in self pitty during a very needed and deserved chastening period, in anger and frustration, I posted one of the most negitive pieces of "crap" ever on this forum by ranting and raving how "BORING" I thought Immortality as a Spirit creature would be, I think I even confirmed how much I "still" rely on the "flesh" as the only means of providing any pleasure in this life, by listing ALL the earthly things I (CAN'T) live without.  No need to relist those things, and we each have our own FAVORITES, but I thought I would make a new list showing just how wrong my thinking was, and here are some things I think we will experience in the ages to come. This is just for fun

1.  I think ALL of our senses will be "Hightened"? to the upteenth degree.  Image the new colors we will see, or the smell of a spring rain(even though it's not raining).

2.  I Imagine being able to stand along the seashore for a million years if I wanted to, and it would not even be recorded in time.

Yall get the picture, there are some very creative people here, so feel free to do so.

Peace to all in Christ

Longhorn

ciy

Re: Just for fun
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 12:10:25 PM »

Just quickly, I think we will be somewhat like Kpax in the movie Kpax.  I think it will be much grander than that but that is somewhat like evangelising the cosmos. 
CIY

buddyjc

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 01:56:08 PM »

Wow Longhorn, you have me thinking.  Assuming that our purpose at the end of all things is to just 'exist' then it will be quite boring.  Everyone is driven by 'purpose' and even God Himself has a purpose.  So, what will be the driving force for us in the end?  It will be boring to stand on a seashore for a million years, and not have a purpose for doing so. 

Brian

gmik

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 08:44:47 PM »

this sounds silly now, but I used to think that we would be missionaries to all the other galaxies who had "beings" that hadn't been redeemed by a saviour, and we would tell His wonderous story.

I also like to imagine the tallest mountains possible and when I finally reach the top, clouds move away and there is still way more of the mountain going up even higher.  Heart-achingly beautiful!

And of course, the Lamb.  I always imagine getting to see Him on a daily basis and basking in His eyes of perfect Love!! and then learning how to Love Him perfectly back!

Whew!  I better quit. This daydreaming is really fun!

orion77

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 12:51:58 PM »

Longhorn, good post brother.

That day when God will be all in all, where there is no need for the light of the sun, because God will be that light.  I see His love as that light, that shines brighter than the sun, yet pleasing to the eyes.

Like, now we need the sun to give us life, because we are physical beings, but then we are Spiritual as He is, and He gives us life, sustains us with that light that is in Him, a light that has no limit, not limited with any boundaries.  What a great day that will be.  It's like our mind can't comprehend how big the universe is, so is His love.  To see Him as He is, to look at His face and see His eyes and not be ashamed.  What an exciting time!

God bless,

Gary

all4love

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 01:54:01 PM »

I imagine being able to see all the people that left before me.  AND FINALLY being able to meet face to face all my new brothers and sisters that I have just gotten to meet here on the forum.  I also image that it will be like the garden of eden.  That part is probably very silly but I love animals so much and I have come to appreciate God's creations (trees, plants, the sun, stars, etc.) very much as well.

God Bless,
Amy

nbogosian

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 06:08:38 PM »

gmik,

I used to (and still do) have the same imaginings that you had about being missionaries to other types of groups of spirits in God's universe.  In fact, I was just thinking lately that God's creation of Earth and mankind is probably the trillionth or so creation of God's that He is working His purposes through.  An ever-expanding family....

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 06:32:24 PM »

Are you saying Jesus (Firstfruit) has been crucified "trillions" of times?

nbogosian

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 09:52:01 PM »

no, not really.  Mainly just that I would imagine God has been creating for millions and trillions of years before we were created & that I can see the same going on for eternity.  Jesus may not have been crucified trillions of times before (or after) us, but He may very well have been the door to the Father to other creations before us in some other way.  Since Heaven is a spiritual (tabernacle?), I don't see why this couldn't be possible.  Earth may have been God's first "flesh" creation.  But these are just imaginings.  Perhaps my imaginings are unscriptural, I don't know. 

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 09:54:31 AM »

I can certainly see creation continuing but as far as the creation of His Sons and Daughters go, God uses evil to refine us but it is written that sin and death will be eliminated in the Lake of Fire.

So I can agree and see that wonderful creations will continue but not the creation of new Sons and Daughters. There are denominations that believe that when we become like Christ that we will also have our own planets and people to die for, and that this process continues forever, now that is unscriptural!

Joe

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 17 queries.