bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good tree good fruit bad tree bad fruit  (Read 4873 times)

markn902

Good tree good fruit bad tree bad fruit
« on: September 08, 2010, 12:29:26 AM »

Hi everyone I know I havent posted in awhile. I have been studying and learning though. Anuway I have been thinking about a question posed by our lord Jesus (paraphrasing here) can a good tree produce bad fruit and vice versa can a bad tree produce good fruit. actually I'm not just going to paraphrase

Luke 6.43 (CLV) For an ideal tree is not producing rotten fruit; again, neither is a rotten tree producing ideal fruit."

Matt 7 18 (Rotherham)  It is, impossible, for a, good tree, to be bearing, evil fruit, neither doth, a worthless tree, produce, fine fruit.

ok so after pasting those it seems more a statement then a question however I have a question about it. My wife has been spending some time at a non-denominational church. I know there have been previous threads on how to deal with a loved one still in Babylon.  My approach after prayer was simply to trust God in this matter. We still have a bible study weekly (try to) and she has admitted that she learns more from our very simple bible study than any time she spends at church. This seems to be turning into a post about my wife and church but it really is leading into a pertinent question just bear with me. Anyway she likes the church not because of their knowledge of God or studying His Word. She likes it because of the people gathering together, the fellowship, and I have went to a couple of their meetings and the structure of the church has some good things going for it. They try to avoid the topic of hell, they teach a very confusing trinity concept(I told my wife not to worry about understanding it I said the pastor doesnt even understand it lol) and the thing that irks me the most they use scripture to coerce tithe (not cool!)

Ok let me stop here I am not interested myself in any organized religious church let me just get that out of the way. However my question is this. This particular church does good things for the community. They volunteer at various things. They hold a program called Celebrate Recovery which is basically a Jesus centered 12 step program and they have a  directory of church members you can call if you need help with a problem that they are working in. for instance I am a mechanic by trade and I can put myself into their directory and if someone is having car trouble and no money I can go help them.

Wow this is by far my longest post whoo! almost done. This church ( and I assume others) are doing good things but are also teaching false doctrines. So can a tree produce both good and bad fruit? Was not the tree in the garden of eden a tree of the knowledge of good AND evil? Good and Bad fruits? I would love to hear input on this. Thank you very much

Mark   

mharrell08

Re: Good tree good fruit bad tree bad fruit
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 12:35:39 AM »

Hi everyone I know I havent posted in awhile. I have been studying and learning though. Anuway I have been thinking about a question posed by our lord Jesus (paraphrasing here) can a good tree produce bad fruit and vice versa can a bad tree produce good fruit. actually I'm not just going to paraphrase

Luke 6.43 (CLV) For an ideal tree is not producing rotten fruit; again, neither is a rotten tree producing ideal fruit."

Matt 7 18 (Rotherham)  It is, impossible, for a, good tree, to be bearing, evil fruit, neither doth, a worthless tree, produce, fine fruit.

ok so after pasting those it seems more a statement then a question however I have a question about it. My wife has been spending some time at a non-denominational church. I know there have been previous threads on how to deal with a loved one still in Babylon.  My approach after prayer was simply to trust God in this matter. We still have a bible study weekly (try to) and she has admitted that she learns more from our very simple bible study than any time she spends at church. This seems to be turning into a post about my wife and church but it really is leading into a pertinent question just bear with me. Anyway she likes the church not because of their knowledge of God or studying His Word. She likes it because of the people gathering together, the fellowship, and I have went to a couple of their meetings and the structure of the church has some good things going for it. They try to avoid the topic of hell, they teach a very confusing trinity concept(I told my wife not to worry about understanding it I said the pastor doesnt even understand it lol) and the thing that irks me the most they use scripture to coerce tithe (not cool!)

Ok let me stop here I am not interested myself in any organized religious church let me just get that out of the way. However my question is this. This particular church does good things for the community. They volunteer at various things. They hold a program called Celebrate Recovery which is basically a Jesus centered 12 step program and they have a  directory of church members you can call if you need help with a problem that they are working in. for instance I am a mechanic by trade and I can put myself into their directory and if someone is having car trouble and no money I can go help them.

Wow this is by far my longest post whoo! almost done. This church ( and I assume others) are doing good things but are also teaching false doctrines. So can a tree produce both good and bad fruit? Was not the tree in the garden of eden a tree of the knowledge of good AND evil? Good and Bad fruits? I would love to hear input on this. Thank you very much

Mark

Excerpt from 'Hell is a Christian Hoax' (http://bible-truths.com/23-minutes-in-hell.html):

MINISTERS OF GOD AND MINISTERS OF SATAN

God has "ministers."

"But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God..." (II Cor. 6:4)

Satan also has "ministers."

"Therefore it is no great thing if his [Satan's] ministers..." (II Cor. 11:15)

"Ministers" in both verses are translated from the Greek word 'diakonos,' which means: "Specifically a Christian teacher or pastor (technically, a deacon or deaconess)-- deacon, minister, servant." (#1249, Strong's Greek Dictionary).

Hang on to your hat--let me restate that again, as many of you missed it:

A minister of God (II Cor. 6:4) is: "Specifically, a Christian teacher or pastor."

A minister of Satan (II Cor.11:15) is: "Specifically, a Christian teacher or pastor."

It's the same word. It matters not to whom it is applied, the word 'diakonos' has the same meaning. Satan has "diakonos" for his servants and ministers, and his ministers are "Christian teachers and pastors." They ARE "wolves in sheep's clothing," and they ARE "deceiving many." Yes, they do "many wonderful works" in the name of Jesus Christ, but that doesn't make them God's ministers. If doing many wonderful works made them ministers of Jesus Christ, He would never have said: "...depart from Me, ye that work iniquity" (Matt. 7:23).

One day this whole Christian charade will be exposed for the whole world to see.

"Mystery Babylon" will no longer be a mystery to anyone. "For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither anything hid, that shall not be known and come abroad" (Luke 8:17). Satan's ministers will be exposed.

Marques

markn902

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 01:08:07 AM »

A perspective I needed today thank you It seems I can always count on this forum and my Brothers and Sisters in Christ for all the tough questions. Thank you all! and if anyone has anything else to add I would love to hear it although Marques Summed it up pretty well. Thanks Again you guys rock

Rotherams Emphasized Version Matthew 7 16-23
Beware of false prophets, who come unto you in clothing of sheep,—while, within, they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16  By their fruits, shall ye find, them, out,—unless perhaps men gather—from thorns, grapes! or, from thistles, figs!
Mat 7:17  So, every good tree, fine fruit, produceth,—whereas, the worthless tree, evil fruit, produceth:
Mat 7:18  It is, impossible, for a, good tree, to be bearing, evil fruit, neither doth, a worthless tree, produce, fine fruit.
Mat 7:19  Every tree that beareth not fine fruit, is hewn down, and, into fire, is cast.
Mat 7:20  After all then, by their fruits, shall ye find, them, out.
Mat 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord! Lord! shall enter into the kingdom of the heavens,—but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in the heavens.
Mat 7:22  Many, will say unto me, in, that, day, Lord! Lord! did we not, in thy name, prophesy, and, in thy name, cast, demons, out,—and, in thy name, many works of power, perform?
Mat 7:23  And, then, will I confess unto them, Never, have I acknowledged you,—Depart from me, ye workers of lawlessness!

Nice
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:17:46 AM by markn902 »

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 10:09:40 PM »

So can a tree produce both good and bad fruit? Was not the tree in the garden of eden a tree of the knowledge of good AND evil? Good and Bad fruits? I would love to hear input on this.

Hi markn902,

Gen 2:9 (CLV)
And furthermore sprouting is Yahweh Elohim from the ground every tree coveted by the sight and good for food, and the tree of the living in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Trees only produce one fruit, in that one fruit was The (knowledge of good and evil). The lesson there is that good and evil come from the same tree (source), and one does not exist without the other.

Gen 2: 16-17 (GNB)
16  He told him, "You may eat the fruit of any tree in the garden,
17  except the tree that gives knowledge of what is good and what is bad (evil). You must not eat the fruit of that tree; if you do, you will die the same day."

One more example below, of two in one thing (Form light and create Darkness) (Make Good and create evil)

Isa 45:7 (CLV)
Former of light and Creator of darkness, Maker of good and Creator of evil. I, Yahweh Elohim, made all of these things."

george :).

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.