bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Jimmy Steger's Book  (Read 15523 times)

Marky Mark

Re: Dr. Jimmy Steger's Book
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 03:42:15 PM »

Mark, just wondering about col: 2 vs 23
The last thought, "but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh"
Paul didn't know as much as we do about the body. When a person is continually indulging with food and drink as in a Habit or Addiction, the flesh is more apt to control them. Sloth and glutton and drunkeness can lead to other sins.
Judy

Hi Judy.

Is that not the point of verse 23,that we should live by the Spirit, and not be involved and/or concerned with our fleshy desires that would make up a sinful nature?

Rom. 13:14  Instead, live like the Lord Jesus Christ did, and forget about satisfying the desires of your sinful nature

Gal. 5:16  If you are guided by the Spirit, you won't obey your selfish desires.

1John 2:16  Our foolish pride comes from this world, and so do our selfish desires and our desire to have everything we see. None of this comes from the Father

Peace...Mark

judith collier

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2010, 07:46:02 PM »

Mark, got it! I assumed we were all talking about health here and didn't think for a min. anything had to do with a law of God. You're right about the Spirit. The carnal nature no longer has the upper hand.
Thanks, Judy

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 03:09:54 AM »

Rom. 13:14  Instead, live like the Lord Jesus Christ did, and forget about satisfying the desires of your sinful nature

i know that dave in tn is ready to go ahead and close this thread down, but, i am so grateful that it has remained opened long enough for mark to post the above noted Scripture verse.  i had completely forgotten that this verse was in romans.  i so needed to hear that Scripture mark.  thanks bunches for posting it.

claudia

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 03:19:28 AM »

I'm glad too, Claudia.  And I too was being 'light-hearted and fun'.  I've seen these food threads go five pages easy, and turn into food-fights the likes of which I haven't seen since High School.   ;D

We've done pretty good so far keeping the mashed potatoes out of each other's eyes.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marky Mark

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 12:40:14 PM »

Judy and Claudia,you are both welcome. :)

Peace...Mark
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.