bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revelation 6: 9-11  (Read 4387 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Revelation 6: 9-11
« on: September 09, 2010, 10:43:34 PM »

In Revelation (which I know if full of symbols and it means what it means, not means what it says) I still don't know how to understand the martyrs that cry out for justice and mourn with "how long... till you avenge our blood?". How do we understand the truth in this when we know that the "dead know nothing"?

Aatos

Re: Revelation 6: 9-11
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:48:39 PM »

How did Abel's blood cry out to God?    Same deal applies with the martyrs in Revelation.

octoberose

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 12:10:43 AM »

Good point.  But that gives me another element to ponder- how did Abel's blood cry out? Blood can't cry so it's meant figuratively. There's something profound there but I still don't think I get it.

Aatos

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 01:49:07 AM »

This is the way I see it.  A common trait between Abel, and the martyrs is that both were unjustly killed.  While blood can't cry out, and neither can the dead; God knows the circumstance of every death.   It reminds me also of this verse.

Romans 12:19 (King James Version)

19Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Patrick

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 04:12:47 AM »

1Jn 5:6  This is the one having come by means of water and blood, Jesus the Anointed; not by the water only, but by the water and the blood; and the spirit is the one testifying, because the spirit is the truth.
1Jn 5:7  Because three are those testifying;
1Jn 5:8  the spirit, and the water, and the blood; and the three for the one are.
I know v 7 & 8 are listed as spurious passages in the "How We Got The Bible" study with a different sentence structure. Nevertheless, 1 John 5 states that the blood can testify.

Gen 9:4  But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood..
There's life in the blood! I remember singing "There's Power (life?) In The Blood" many times while in Babylon.

Gen 4:10 And saying is the Elohim, "What have you done? The voice (life) of your brother's blood is crying (testifying) to me from the ground.
Rev 6:10  and they cried with a voice great, saying: How long, the sovereign the holy one and true one, not thou judgest and avengest the blood (life) of us from those dwelling on the earth?

Just a thought!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.