bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: last enemy  (Read 5297 times)

lauriellen

last enemy
« on: September 10, 2010, 03:06:12 PM »

was just doing some deep thinking last night about the Kingdom of God
and judgement, ressurection, ect.....and i was thinking about this verse:

1Co 15:26  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

And a thought came to me about how it could be that 'death' is the last
enemy destroyed, when it would seem to me that it would be one of
the first enemies destroyed via the ressurection? I know that events are
not necessarily written in order in the bible, but this definately says 'last'.
i have looked around on this site and didn't find any topic that specifically
addresses this question, or maybe i am just missing it?....
could this be talking about a 'carnal man death' and not physical death
as the enemy being destroyed?  anyone else study this topic?

thanks for any insight,
lauriellen

Dawidos

Re: last enemy
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 03:43:03 PM »

I think that ressurection is the first (not last) step to achieve immortality. Immortality is the death-defeating factor. Death will be finally abolished and defeated when all people attain immortality. It won't happen immediately to everyone after ressurection, because before that you have judgment, purifying and second death (death of carnality inside wicked, unbelievers etc, etc). But let the experts handle this matter by using the Sciptures.

I suppose that Ray was talking about that only the Elects will be ressurected in spiritual bodies (with immortality in it), the rest will gain again carnal and flesh bodies for judgment (it's hard to judge spiritual beings which are already pure and perfect in God's eyes). But let the experts handle this matter by using the Sciptures.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 03:48:14 PM by Dawidos »

Kat

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 04:03:04 PM »

Hi Lauriellen,

Here are a few places where this is mentioned that together should give you a good understanding.

http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html ---------------

God is a family. We can be members (Sons) of His Family, Brothers with Christ. What a marvelous plan God is bring about. Here then is the Gospel to all nations and all peoples everywhere:

"For since, in fact, through a man [Adam] came death, through a Man [Jesus Christ], also, comes the resurrection of the dead. For even as, in Adam, all are dying, THUS ALSO, in Christ, shall ALL be vivified [given immortal life]. Yet each in his own class: the Firstfruit, Christ; thereupon those who are Christ’s in His presence; thereafter the consummation, whenever He may be giving up the kingdom to HIS GOD AND FATHER, whenever He should be nullifying all sovereignty and all authority and power... The last enemy is being abolished: DEATH... then the Son Himself also shall be subjected to Him Who subjects all to Him, that God may be ALL IN ALL" (I Cor. 15:21-28).

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5605.msg45175.html#msg45175 -----

1 Cor 15:26  “The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death“.  

How does that prove that God is going to save all humanity? It says nothing about saving all humanity. But that verse proves God will save all humanity. How does it prove it?
v
This verse in 1 Cor. 15:26 says “The last enemy that SHALL BE…” There is no doubt about that, it’s going to be destroyed, it “SHALL BE…” is death. How does that prove the salvation of all?  
Where does the church say that the majority of humanity is going to be tortured? In fire, in hell, in the Lake of fire. What is the Lake of fire? The second DEATH. It doesn’t matter what kind of death, if it’s death it must be destroyed. I mean they can never wrap their mind around the fact that the Lake of fire, which is the second death, is the death of all death. But the judgment and that fire, brings about the death of all death.  

So as long as there is a second death in operation, in the lives of billions of people, then that enemy has not been destroyed or as it says in the Greek, abolished. That doesn’t just mean crushed or broken up or destroyed, but done away with completely, abolished forever. If death is abolished that means the Lake of fire is not eternal, because the Lake of fire is the second death. If it’s to be abolished, there won’t be a place for people to be tortured, therefore they have to be saved.

Rev 20:14  And death and hell were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death.

Death was cast into the Lake of fire. Why? Why does it tell us that? We know people or cast in there, but how is death cast into death? Death is the death of death!  

All things must be abolished, all sin, all evil, all that is bad that leads to death must be abolished. And the last one, the last enemy of all enemies is death itself.  It must be abolished, so the Lake of fire has to be abolished. Why?  Because it is the second death, and it’s got to be abolished. So there is no eternal fiery death. Everyone will be saved!

http://bible-truths.com/part6.htm ---------------------------

"Immortality" likewise does not mean by definition, "eternity." The Greek word is athanasa and means UN-DEATH (or deathlessness). Of course, contrary to popular Christian teaching,

"He is King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality ... " (I Tim. 6:16).

We must be given immortality (I Cor. 15:53-54). Believers are promised "eonian life" so they are given "immortality," which sees them through and beyond eonian life. Unbelievers are NOT given "eonian life" or "immortality" at the same time we are given it. Hence they can die in the second death. However, after the eons end, they too, (all unsaved from Adam on) are "vivified" [Greek: zoopoieo] (LIVE-DO)--given life beyond the reach of death. This confers immortality (Jn 5:21-22, Rom. 4:17, I Tim. 6:13). Read I Cor. 15:22-28.

"For even as in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all (this is the same "all" used both times) be vivified." There is a "class" or "order" to the vivification of all. First Christ, Second those who are Christ's in His presence, Third the consummation. Christ reigns only until He nullifies all sovereignty and all authority and power, and has placed all enemies under His feet. The last enemy being abolished is death. Then Christ Himself gives up the kingdom to His Father and becomes subject to His Father and God becomes " ... All in All."
-----------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 04:21:58 PM »

was just doing some deep thinking last night about the Kingdom of God
and judgement, ressurection, ect.....and i was thinking about this verse:

1Co 15:26  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

And a thought came to me about how it could be that 'death' is the last
enemy destroyed, when it would seem to me that it would be one of
the first enemies destroyed via the ressurection? I know that events are
not necessarily written in order in the bible, but this definately says 'last'.
i have looked around on this site and didn't find any topic that specifically
addresses this question, or maybe i am just missing it?....
could this be talking about a 'carnal man death' and not physical death
as the enemy being destroyed?  anyone else study this topic?

thanks for any insight,
lauriellen

Excerpt from Foundational Truths (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6452.msg51864.html#msg51864):

So does this Scripture in Acts 2, where God “having loosed the pains of death,” does that say in the state of being dead, that He was in pain?  Does it say that?  No.  ‘But it kind of insinuates that, doesn’t it?’  My answer would be, NO it doesn’t.  Not if you are looking at the Scripture word for word and understand that death has three meanings. 
First of all death is the act of dying - the vehicle causing the death - the state of being dead.  The word death means all three of those.  You can check your dictionary. 
So when it just says ‘death’, there is no reason to think, oh it’s talking about this death or it has to be that death.  It could be or it could be all three at the same time.
  How is that possible? 
The sea gave up the dead that were in it, in other words humanity gave up all of the spiritual dead people that are not in the first resurrection.  Death gave up those that were in it and hades gives up the dead.  When you are in hades you are dead, because that is the dead state.  Those that are dying, from all humanity out of the sea, guess what?  They are all thrown into the Lake of fire - the dying - the cause of death - death itself.  That is why we have in I Cor. 15.

1 Cor 15:26  The last enemy being abolished (or destroyed) is DEATH.

The one word covers it all, DEATH.  Anybody who is in the spiritual state of DEATH - who is physically going towards DEATH - DEATH is taking it’s toll on people - those that actually residing in DEATH, in that they have already died.  Every form of the word DEATH is going to be abolished.
  Then there can be no one who is dying or partially dead, like being spiritually dead or in the state of death.  Why?  Because death itself is going to be abolished.

Looks like this is the same as what you are saying, Lauriellen.

Marques

lauriellen

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 05:01:48 PM »

these were great.....bingo--lights on----thanks so much...=)

booker

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 01:02:44 AM »

Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:05:43 AM by booker »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 11:53:08 AM »

Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

That is a complete explaination of the end of death as ever there was one!

...death has three meanings...L Ray Smith Ref excerpt posted by Marques ...and there they appear in the Word of God, death, hell and this is the second death....one, two, three!! 8) God never leaves anything to chance! 8)

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 17 queries.