bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When does this happen?  (Read 5876 times)

booker

When does this happen?
« on: September 12, 2010, 01:07:35 AM »

2 Peter 10-13
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Can people still be resurrected after this event?

Kat

Re: When does this happen?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 01:54:58 AM »

Hi Booker,

That in 2 Peter is speaking of the great white throne judgment. People will be resurrected to the judgment. Those things spoken of, "the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up" is what will take place spiritually to the people on earth. Here is an excerpt that Ray explains this same event in another Scripture.

http://bible-truths.com/lake9.html -------------

"And I saw a great white throne, and Him that sat on it, from whose face the EARTH [of man] and the HEAVEN [of man] fled away; and there was found NO PLACE FOR THEM… And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. And I saw a NEW heaven and a NEW earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea." (Rev. 20:11, 16 & 21:1).

It would be mind-boggling enough to think that the entire UNIVERSE could "flee away," but it would be quite another to then suggest that, "there was found NO PLACE FOR THEM." That would be absurd if taken literally. ALL THESE THINGS ARE SPIRITUAL! In the white throne judgment there will be no more a place for the flesh, for the carnal mind, for man’s heaven. There will truly be no place found for them. They will be annihilated in God’s "CONSUMING FIRE" (Heb. 12:29 & I Cor. 3:15)!

God will give man a new earth and a new heaven, and as for the great sea of carnal, God-defying humanity, "…and there was NO MORE SEA."
---------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 08:52:24 AM »

Hi booker

Kat gives the nail on the head answer.  8) :)

Here is how I understand this topic and queiry you have presented.

Firstly the caution that we are not to go above what God has written comes immediately to my mind.
Joh 21:22  Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

So how else are we to understand your question or even to answer but by what our God has said to us that we believe and follow?

As I understand and believe, we are made of earth AND the Spirit of Christ that dwells within us. The Work of God is causing us to become more and more like the Lord who is the Man from Heaven.

1Co 15:47  The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

All things in the Word of God have to take place within us. Nothing in the Temple of God will be wanting, missing something of His Word and void of anything God has Said. In this way we are being grown up to accept, receive, believe and abide in the Word of God.

Rom 8:11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

The Truth, and the earnest of His Spirit in us that is growing us from glory to glory, taking us to the standard height of Christ who is the fullness of the Word of God  is not established on one scripture.

Ps119:160 The SUM of Your Word is Truth

You ask whether or not “people” can be resurrected AFTER this event. I believe God answers that question.

1Co 15:23  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

The judgement on the House of God now is confirming us that we may be blameless in the Day of our Lord and so the second death shall not harm us.

1Co 1:8  Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We know, believe, trust and accept that God is doing the election of the few chosen out of the many called. This is the Way of our God.

1Co 15:19  If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

All will be healed, corrected and saved, purged and you of course know what every knee will bow means that in the final completion of the Work of God, God will be ALL in all.

1Co 15:22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall ALL be made alive.

I don’t see a resurrection AFTER the event or that the OLD HEAVENS AND OLD EARTH will remain AFTER quote : … the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat 2 Pet 10

Our Brother Peter says : Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

For me that doesn’t suggest that there will be resurrection AFTER, to quote our brother Peter…the heavens shall be dissolved and the new heavens and new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness, have burned up the old that shall pass away and not remain.

The Day of the Lord comes to all and for those upon whom the ends of the  world (old heavens and old earth ) have come, that they shall not be hurt of the second death that is not a second resurrection. so I don’t think that the Day of The Lord comes more than one time for anyone. What do you think?

The inward manifestation of the Day of the Lord or the Judgment on the House of God now, occurs inwardly and not repeatedly as in a double resurrection or after event. Though Christ returns with His Elect and there is judgment of the world and the angels, this would, as I understand and believe, it would not comprise a partial or incomplete conclusion for those who are in Christ wherein dwelleth righteousness as the new heavens and new earth and as concluded in the excerpt posted by our sister Kat…Ref L Ray Smith....

the great sea of carnal, God-defying humanity, "…and there was NO MORE SEA."….

So to conclude your question :
 Can people still be resurrected after this event?...I’d say No.

When the fullness of our redemption is come…there shall be NO MORE SEA….
That is what God says. NO MORE SEA….That is a very big picture to take in! It is awesome! 8)

Arc

booker

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 07:22:07 AM »

So i got another question about another scripture.(I didn't wanna create so many threads)

Hebrews 9:12
Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

What does this mean,since eternal has a beginning and has an end?This verse sounds like we can't lose Eonian life.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 09:50:52 AM »

Hi booker

No one can take the eternal redemption that Christ has obtained, for us, away from Jesus Christ.

We are told : Rev 3:11  Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

From  :CAN WE LOSE GOD’S SPIRIT AND EONIAN LIFE? L Ray Smith

Col 1:23  IF you continue  in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Is that too hard to understand?  Well lets ask ourselves the question, what do you suppose would happen if we don’t continue?  Well this reader says it does not matter, we have it.  IT MATTERS.  “If you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel…”  See that’s how you have it, “IF you continue.”  I like how Rotherham says it, I checked the Greek and it does kind of have that connotation, he says;  

Col 1:23 If, at least, ye are abiding still in the faith…

“If, at least” you’ve got to be doing that, okay.  Then you will have all of these things.  Again the big ‘if.’

Heb 10:26  For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,
v. 27 But some fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation…

So you mean you can receive the truth and you can be locked into all these Scriptures, like this reader says, but then you can do something wrong?  Yes, you can.

1 John 3:15  Whosoever hates his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal (eonian or age lasting) life abiding (the Greek is “staying or “REMAINING”)  in him.

So the Greek is staying or remaining.  Now if you just read that without all the background that I’m giving you, then you get the feeling that, well he won't be given God’s abiding life.  No, he already has it.  The only way something cannot stay in you or not remain in you, is if it’s in you.  Do you follow that?  It’s in you.  

He’s not talking to Barbarians here or infidels, he’s talking to the congregation who have the spirit of God.  But he says if you hate your brother the spirit of God will no longer stay with you, it will no longer be in you.  If the Spirit of God is not in you, you are no longer His.  Then you are going to the judgment.  That’s just how simple that is.  All through these Scriptures if you read carefully, maybe it doesn’t have it just like this, but this is just a poor translation.  But if you read Concordant and Rotherham and all, they will tell you to ‘stay’ - ‘remain.’  It means to remain, but it won’t remain.  You see it’s there, but it’s coming out.  

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:59:36 AM by Arcturus »

Kat

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 02:59:10 PM »

Hi Booker,

I think this will help you with "eternal/eonian redemption."

http://bible-truths.com/aeonion.htm ------------

Now for one of the most important truths of all regarding this word "aionios." When God says that He is "the EONIAN God," He is stating a FACT. That Jesus procured "EONIAN redemption" for us, is a statement of FACT. Neither "eonian God" nor "eonian redemption" are statements of LIMITATION. And to suggest that they are statements of limitation is to pervert the Scriptures—they neither say nor insinuate any such thing.

This principle of stating a FACT, which is not a statement of LIMITATION is found throughout the Scriptures. God is for example: "The God OF Abraham, OF Isaac, and OF Jacob"(Ex. 3:6). This is a statement of FACT. It is not a statement of LIMITATION. This statement of fact does not limit God from also being the God of Moses, David, Peter and Paul.

If the statement said that God is the "God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob ONLY," then it would be a statement of limitation, but we don’t find any such words of limitation in the verses in question. It doesn’t say that God is the "eonian God, ONLY," or that Jesus procured "eonian redemption ONLY" for us. Does it? Well, DOES IT? Why then do you deceitfully suggest that that is what IT MUST AND HAS TO MEAN?

And so this verse doesn’t say that Jesus procured for us eonian ONLY redemption, nor does it mean such a thing. But it does say that Jesus procured "EONIAN redemption for us," that that is a statement of fact, and that fact is Scripturally true. God’s elect will receiving "redemption" during the remaining eons of time. Nowhere does it say that at the end of the eons we will then LOSE our redemption. These are but unscriptural carnal arguments used to discredit God’s word and promote the pagan doctrine of eternal torture.
--------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

booker

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 08:58:46 AM »

Another verse i don't get

John 5:22
For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

I thought that through judgment everyone will be saved?

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 09:48:14 AM »

I thought that through judgment everyone will be saved?

You thought right booker.  :) :)

No human being is saved without judgment. Judgment is for the unrighteous not the ten thousands of the Saints of the Lord who have sustained judgment, been proven worthy and have endured and overcome the Judgment on the House of the Lord during their lifetimes.

Jud 1:14  And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jud 1:15  To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.

That the Father doesn’t judge “no man” follows well with ~

Eph 1:9  when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose
Eph 1:10  for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him.

Concerning the Father that judgeth no man ~

Mat 5:45  that so you may become true sons of your Father in Heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the wicked as well as the good, and sends rain upon those who do right and those who do wrong.

Should God the Father be held to account for causing His sun to rise on the wicked as well as the good? God forbid!
So we may become true sons of our Father in Heaven that is our Creator Jesus Christ, The Father of our Lord judgeth no man and causes His sun to rise on the wicked as well as the good for God The Father has given all power to His Son.

Joh 5:26  For just as the Father has life in Himself, so He has also given to the Son to have life in Himself.
Joh 5:27  And He has conferred on Him authority to act as Judge, because He is the Son of Man.

Arc

booker

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 11:18:21 AM »

Ok..i get it thanks Arc.I checked the Concordant version, and finally understood that verse

John 5:22(Concordant)
For neither is the Father judging anyone, but has given all judging to the Son,

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 11:36:32 AM »

Good job booker, to check the Concordant version! :) 8)

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.