bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9-11  (Read 3496 times)

darren

9-11
« on: September 12, 2010, 04:11:19 AM »

Just got off work. Yesterday was 9-11 and I wanted to give thanks to the Lord for keeping us safe thus far and to remember the families and victims of that terrible day  in our prayers.

Darren

servias

Re: 9-11
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 01:12:06 PM »

Amen.

Phil3:10

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 02:36:26 PM »

Darren,
We do indeed need to be thankful that we have had no further attacks. And, as you said, we need to be in prayer that GOD will protect and defend us from other attacks. HE is in total control.
Phil3:10

gmik

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 07:35:04 PM »

I only watched a couple hours last nite on the history channel w/ some family.  Everyone wondered, why him, not her, why her, not him, why did he miss work and she didn't etc etc..I didn't venture into the discussion but I sat there very peacefully knowing God was doing it and He knew who and why some made it and some didn't. I didn't have to worry about the fairness/unfairness issue...It was all God and in His plan! Very simple really.

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 04:10:13 AM »

What struck me this year on 9/11 while watching the coverage on TV and also rereading Ray's, "When the Towers Fell" is that even though it was horrible, it could have been so much worse. Even as God allowed this to occur, he tempered it all day. When you realize that if the buildings had fallen right when they were hit, no one would have escaped and they all would surely have died. When the plane hit the Pentagon it hit the side that had recently been renovated and most people had not moved back into their offices yet. And we know if the fourth plane had reached it's destination we probably would not have a U.S.Capital building right now. It makes me think about what is to come and what God will do to protect those he chooses  in the midst of calamity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.