bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whos who ?  (Read 5261 times)

gallenwalsh

Whos who ?
« on: September 12, 2010, 09:07:50 AM »

When Christ walked the earth he said that the Father in him was doing the works.Christ has the kingdom within him, his Father rules over him, now.He also said he judges no one, there is only one judge. ( the father). Scripture also says that now after the death of Christ all judgment has been turned over to Christ.Then after 1000 years it will go back to the Father.A little confusing? The only thing that makes any sense to me is that by saying Christ is doing the judging now, that is a symbol of our baptism in Christs death, our death to the works of the devil.So judgment begins at the house of god, that's us,the elect.It seems to me when the terminology of Christ is used it is a symbol, all in Adam all in Christ, they are a process by which we live our lives.I think that there is still only one judge , " the father".Would any one concur? Then again both the father and the son endured the cross together, they are "ONE ". Do i sound confused: I am .

mharrell08

Re: Whos who ?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 10:03:29 AM »

When Christ walked the earth he said that the Father in him was doing the works.Christ has the kingdom within him, his Father rules over him, now.He also said he judges no one, there is only one judge. ( the father). Scripture also says that now after the death of Christ all judgment has been turned over to Christ.Then after 1000 years it will go back to the Father.A little confusing? The only thing that makes any sense to me is that by saying Christ is doing the judging now, that is a symbol of our baptism in Christs death, our death to the works of the devil.So judgment begins at the house of god, that's us,the elect.It seems to me when the terminology of Christ is used it is a symbol, all in Adam all in Christ, they are a process by which we live our lives.I think that there is still only one judge , " the father".Would any one concur? Then again both the father and the son endured the cross together, they are "ONE ". Do i sound confused: I am .

That statement in bold is why you are confused...it isn't true. The scriptures do not state Christ turns over judgment after 1000 years to His Father. It states He turns over rulership (being 'subjected - 1 Cor 15:28) to His Father AFTER Christ places all enemies under His [Christ] feet, which is talking about judgment.

We have to pay attention to all the words  :).

Marques

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 11:39:08 AM »

Marques nailed it!

Also, confusion can come from the fact that Rev. 20:5  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished....is not in the Sinaiticus.  It is not Scripture or the Word of God.

Arc

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 01:26:13 PM »

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished

Didn't know that. Thanks.
Stacey

Kat

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 09:22:06 PM »

Hi John,

I thought there were a couple of explanations on the internet that were helpful.

Revelation 20:5 -- "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished." These words were added at a time when the church claimed to be fulfilling scriptural promises concerning the thousand-year reign of Christ. The dead were not being raised during this pseudo-millennium, so it was convenient to make the inspired record teach that the resurrection should not be expected until the close of the thousand years.

--------------------------------------------------------

The Sinaitic MS., remarkable as being the oldest as well as for its completeness and accuracy, is therefore the only Greek authority on Revelation ante-dating the fifth century: and it does not contain the clause, of Rev. 20:5, [[But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.]]. Mr. Tischendorf prepared and published, in 1869, the common version of our English New Testament, with foot-notes showing all instances in which it varies from the three oldest Greek MSS.--the Sinaitic, and Vatican, above mentioned, and the Alexandrine, a later and less accurate MS.
(site info not allowed)

It was Tischendorf that discovered the Codex Sinaiticus at St. Catherine's Monastery at Mount Sinai. He made a life work of searching the old manuscripts so he could produce an edition of the Bible as close to the original text as possible.

Here is where Ray speaks about this Scripture is Revelation 20:5.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5815.20.html -----

Rev 20:4  …And they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
v. 5  But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Both of these verses can not be true, there is a problem here.  I racked my brain, in my spare time, but I kept it in the back of my mind for a long time.  There is a problem, that won’t work and I can’t make it work.  It doesn’t fit, there is no way to make this thing fit.  Then some months ago, now I know why it, “But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished” won’t fit.  It’s not Scripture!  Tischendorf has it right there.

-Rev. 20:5  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished...

It’s not in the Sinaiticus.  So I said, okay now we’re moving again.  We’re a little closer to the Truth. 
----------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 10:57:29 PM »

The reason why it doesn't make sense is because who will Christ judge during this period if no one is alive to judge?
Just didn't add up.
As we can see it can cause great confusion sometimes.

Hope this helps a little more.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 02:23:49 PM »

John you ask : Deborah, upon what authority do you make your statement?

I recall Ray once received such a question too,  and if I remember correctly, Ray replied that his authority was the Scriptures. 8)

I should not plagiarize such a reply as the unique response Ray gave in accord with the quickening of the Spirit of God within Ray, that caused Ray’s accurate, admirable and valid reply. My reply to you John is that I am not a Teacher and my comments and contributions here in the Forum are from my heart giving account for what I believe and why. I should not, as Ray does, say that my authority is the Word of God because I am not a man nor a Teacher. Ray is both, so he is qualified! As for me, I am to sanctify the Lord God in my heart with my replies, not posing as a Teacher but rather as one who has been taught well, and walks in obedience to the Word of God. I make no claim that this is my achievement ~  it is my desire, aim and motivation, that I believe is of the Spirit of God.

1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you, with meekness and  fear.

You say of me John that I : …. as do many others, assume that the Sinaiticus is the gold standard of the scriptures.

No John I would not hope to do such a thing as if there be any standard of the Scriptures it is solely the Spirit of God. Joh 14:17  Even the Spirit of Truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

I am glad our sister Kat gave you something to think about and perhaps you will have more to consider that no sister can be your teacher.
Arc
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 02:28:36 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.