bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Birth of a Hummingbird  (Read 10105 times)

jingle52

Birth of a Hummingbird
« on: September 12, 2010, 02:21:04 PM »

I always enjoy pictures and documentaries regarding nature. Just also want to thank and say how amazing the pics posted by a fellow member (sorry can't remember off-hand by whom ), it was from a Russian web-site. Wow!
God's Blessings

THE BIRTH OF A HUMMINGBIRD

> Keep in mind the egg is smaller than a tic tac and a quarter fits the
> opening of the nest!  This is truly amazing.
>Be sure to click on NEXT PAGE at the bottom of each page; there are 5
> pages in all.
> A lady found a hummingbird nest and got pictures all the way from the egg
> to leaving the nest. It took 24 days from birth to flight.
Because you'll probably never in your lifetime see this again, enjoy.
 http://community-2.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM

Kat

Re: Birth of a Hummingbird
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 02:43:10 PM »

Oh my Stacy, it was wonderful to see the beauty of this tiny little miracle of nature.

Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 02:49:14 PM »

I am happy I could down load that web page.  :)

My son also exclaimed, wow...that's tiny!

Beautiful pics...so intimate of what God can do in secret places.

Arc

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 03:54:44 AM »

Jingle52, is your name Stacey too?  ;D

Enjoyed this, awesome pictures. They are extremely small aren't they.
Stacey

jingle52

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 12:08:27 PM »

Glad you all enjoyed the pics!!!
Kat, your avatar is amazingly beatuful. The colours on that bird is sooooo exquisite, isn't God awsome??
what kind of bird is it?  ::)

Arc, I see you've changed yours, liked the stary one better as I adore watching the nightsky! How old is your son, boys like nature too and my grandson likes to collect insects and watch them through a magnifying glass set, then he releases them...he's very careful not to harm anything.  ;)

Stacey, no my name's Prudence, got name mixup because of your avatar, no doubt.  8)

Janine, yes God is sooo awsome and there are just sooooo many creatures and birds out there that are too magnificent for words...  :-X
God's Blessings

Astrapho

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 12:15:09 PM »

I didn't really expect the nest to be so small after the other pics (didn't know what I was expecting, haha) :D How beautiful! ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 12:31:47 PM »

Arc, I see you've changed yours, liked the starry one better as I adore watching the nightsky! How old is your son, boys like nature too and my grandson likes to collect insects and watch them through a magnifying glass set, then he releases them...he's very careful not to harm anything.  ;)

Hi Prudence

I also like the starry one...it got lost and I couldn't retrieve it. A dear brother here on the Forum wanted the Arcturus Star back and so the best I could do was the one up now. Maybe if I find another one with Arcturus in the pic, I'll re-post. The Heavens do proclaim His Glory! 8)

My son is 13 and he likes riding his scrambler more than watching insects! :D

Blessings

Arc

Kat

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 01:17:17 PM »

Oh my Prudence, I just related the hummingbird pics you posted to Stacy's avatar without even thinking.  ::) But now I've got it straight now.

That is an eastern bluebird on my avatar, the bright plumage would indicate a male. He seems to be a rather curious fellow, just like me. I have a birdhouse in my yard that they will sometimes nest in. I do love the our feathered friends. A few months ago I got chickens  :D I am enjoying them very much.

Kat

This is 3 of the 6 I have.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 01:50:58 PM »

I love them. But it takes three dozen to make a meal.

jingle52

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 07:46:01 AM »

Arc,
looking forward to that starry avatar! My grandson still has to learn to ride a bike, it's been getting small for him as he was more interested in the scooter wheeler! ha ha

Kat,
I love birds too and love listening to their chirping under our roof and other ones calling from the trees there are many swallows who fly around in our section of Milan when feeding and also in our courtyard. Wish I still lived in a house with my own private garden, then I'd also have a feeder for birds. Had chickens and rabbits in Malawi and used to sell them to the locals.

Astropho,
gosh they are tiny aren't they ha ha.They reminded me of the black faced monkey we bought from the locals, he was still blue as his mother had been killed, he was so helpless, we fed and looked after him till he grew big enough to put him with the other adult monkey we already had, his name was Cirillo.

God's Blessings

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 11:28:51 AM »

Arc,
looking forward to that starry avatar!

Okay. Is that better?

I can live with this one. There are over one million star images to look at that Hubble has on their web site!

This one has a personal meaning for me. I can see the outline of a fetus as I look at this image that is named "Baby Stars"....I think we are like baby stars as Christ is being fully formed in us.

Gal 4:18  It is always an honourable thing to be courted in an honourable cause; always, and not only when I am with you, my children--
Gal 4:19  you for whom I am again, as it were, undergoing the pains of childbirth, until Christ is fully formed within you.

I see the Cancer Ray suffers and endures without complaint ~ that Ray bears quite matter of factly ~ as an undergoing the pains of childbirth, until Christ is fully formed within us. I believe Ray cares more about US, than his Cancer! :'(

I hope you like the Avatar. It also reminds me we are vessles of the Spirit of Christ being formed in us.

Arc

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 11:30:27 AM by Arcturus »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 03:33:40 PM »

Hi Janinie

Our brother Marky Mark has posted the following in Eileens Thread.

It says so much more than I have said and I believe it also bears reference here to what I was trying to say!

Just as the umbilical cord that is attached to the fetus from the mother was designed to give life to the baby before birth, then, after delivery, the cord is then severed so that the baby can live free from the constraints of his/her mother, leads me to this thought.
  It seems to me that the cord that Jesus was attached to in death, in the grave, was also severed so that He could be born again of the Spirit,free from the confines of the cords that held Him in the grave. When the Father gave life back to His Son, Jesus was then free from the cord that bound Him in death,just as a newborn baby is freed from the darkness of the womb. How wonderful a plan is that,engineered,designed and certified from the beginning. Christ being the Truth and the Way in the form of a reborn Spirit in which He is the Firstfruit . As much as I hate being tied down at times in my own misunderstandings of things Spiritual,I can not help to always pray that The Most High continues to cut the cord to my own Spiritual short comings. Now I wait with more patience for my freedom from these earthly constraints [cords] that all of us need to endure.  Amen
... http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,12249.0/topicseen.html   Thread ref : Re: Acts 2:23-24

Arc

jingle52

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 08:40:29 AM »

Awesome. I was just speaking earlier to a long time foreign friend via email (not a person of faith) who was concerned about our economic status here. I mentioned to her that since it is God creator who watches over the sparrow, so much more He watches and cares over us.
Wow, now I want to change that to 'hummingbird' ; so exquisitely delicate and fragile. What a precious sight. Thank you for sharing Stacey.

Hi Janine,
I have another site which you might like to look at, it concerns astro physics, scenery and nature pics. Really lovely!
http://www.photon-echoes.com/

God's Blessings

jingle52

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 08:44:06 AM »

Okay. Is that better?

I can live with this one. There are over one million star images to look at that Hubble has on their web site!

This one has a personal meaning for me. I can see the outline of a fetus as I look at this image that is named "Baby Stars"....I think we are like baby stars as Christ is being fully formed in us.

Hi Arc,
I love the Hubble site too!
try this one as well.

http://www.allthesky.com/atmosphere/atmosphere.html
you’ll be amazed at what this site has to offer in terms of atmospherics!!

and
http://www.allthesky.com/atmosphere/atmosphere.html
God's Blessings.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 09:37:15 AM »

Hi jingle52

Maybe you meant to post two different web-sites? I have enjoyed looking at the one you posted. :) I also learned somethings as well!

I recognize some of the eclipse pics. too!  8)  I notice that the Star clusters pics show one cluster named Hyades almost looking like Haydes!! Not a name I’d choose to be my avatar!  :D :D

The nebula pics are some of my favorites! Those dust clouds in space are enormous! The galaxy pics are breathtaking too!

The new avatar I now have has some information that I am happy to say, for me, has a few parallels, as I see it, :) :D to our Forum of hot stars here and the beautiful light shining through!  8)  :)

Mat 5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Credit: NASA, ESA, and the Hubble Heritage Team (STScI/AURA) – ESA/Hubble Collaboration
This new image taken with NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope depicts bright, blue, newly formed stars that are blowing a cavity in the center of a star-forming region in the Small Magellanic Cloud.
At the heart of the star-forming region, lies star cluster NGC 602. The high-energy radiation blazing out from the hot young stars is sculpting the inner edge of the outer portions of the nebula, slowly eroding it away and eating into the material beyond. The diffuse outer reaches of the nebula prevent the energetic outflows from streaming away from the cluster.
Ridges of dust and gaseous filaments are seen towards the northwest (in the upper-left part of the image) and towards the southeast (in the lower right-hand corner). Elephant trunk-like dust pillars point towards the hot blue stars and are tell-tale signs of their eroding effect. In this region it is possible with Hubble to trace how the star formation started at the center of the cluster and propagated outward, with the youngest stars still forming today along the dust ridges.
The Small Magellanic Cloud, in the constellation Tucana, is roughly 200,000 light-years from the Earth. Its proximity to us makes it an exceptional laboratory to perform in-depth studies of star formation processes and their evolution in an environment slightly different from our own Milky Way.
Dwarf galaxies such as the Small Magellanic Cloud, with significantly fewer stars compared to our own galaxy, are considered to be the primitive building blocks of larger galaxies. The study of star formation within this dwarf galaxy is particularly interesting to astronomers because its primitive nature means that it lacks a large percentage of the heavier elements that are forged in successive generations of stars through nuclear fusion.
These observations were taken with Hubble’s Advanced Camera for Surveys in July 2004.
Filters that isolate visible and infrared light were combined with a filter that samples the hydrogen and nitrogen emission from the glowing clouds.

How did we get to  200,00 light-years from the Earth birth of a Hummingbird?? Wow jingle52 ~ you have some serious star power!  8):) Hummmmm-mmm :)

Blessings
Arc
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 09:53:26 AM by Arcturus »

Roy Martin

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 10:44:30 AM »

Yes these little humming birds are cute but they are the most greedy territorial creatures I've ever seen, yet they never seize to amaze me. I have at least 50+ hummingbirds flying around my porch from sunup till sundown. I have 4 feeders with 17 total feeding flowers. I have them hanging on the porch so to get a close look. They are drinking over 3 cups of sweet water daily.
 Its spectacular to see the air and trees full of these little things.I was sitting on the porch and the sun was coming up behind the trees. I saw all of these drops falling from the trees as if they were raining, but it was hummingbirds taking their morning poop. They fight, eat, poop, chatter constantly at each other, but soon something inside them takes over and they stop fighting and start sharing without conflict. The feeders will be covered with them all day until the sun goes down. They will do this until one day suddenly they are gone until spring.
 I said 50+ birds, but there is just way too many to count.

Peace
Roy

jingle52

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 08:43:10 AM »

Roy, you are lucky to see them up close like that, I've never seen one in real life!!! Wow!  8)
God's Blessings.

Marky Mark

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 05:21:07 PM »

Good observation Johan...and/or could prove that God has a sense of humor (as Musicman notes).

Hi janine, I think you are right... ;D

Seems as if God does laugh.

Psa 2:4  He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; Jehovah shall mock at them.

Psa 37:13  Jehovah laughs at him; for He sees that his day is coming.

Psa 59:8  But You, O Jehovah, shall laugh at them; You will mock at all the nations.

Pro 1:25  but you have despised all my advice, and would have none of my warning.
Pro 1:26  I also will laugh at your trouble; I will mock when your fear comes;

And has a sense of humor.

Job 39:13  An ostrich proudly flaps her wings, but not because she loves her young.
Job 39:14  She abandons her eggs and lets the dusty ground keep them warm.
Job 39:15  And she doesn't seem to worry that the feet of an animal could crush them all.
Job 39:16  She treats her eggs as though they were not her own, unconcerned that her work might be for nothing.
 Job 39:17  I myself made her foolish and without common sense.
Job 39:18  But once she starts running, she laughs at a rider on the fastest horse.

Pro 11:22  A beautiful woman who acts foolishly is like a gold ring on the snout of a pig.

Pro 21:9  It's better to stay outside on the roof of your house than to live inside with a nagging wife.

Pro 22:13  Don't be so lazy that you say, "If I go to work, a lion will eat me!"

Pro 27:14  A loud greeting early in the morning is the same as a curse.
Pro 27:15  The steady dripping of rain and the nagging of a wife are one and the same.
Pro 27:16  It's easier to catch the wind or hold olive oil in your hand than to stop a nagging wife.

Heb 11:12  Abraham was as good as dead :o. Yet, from this man came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the grains of sand on the seashore.

Hoo-Hah...Mark

cjwood

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 02:48:21 AM »

I think I like the name Johan from Kentucky better.

that statement made me laugh out loud, really loud.

thanks johan.  :D

claudia

geokuhns

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 02:14:54 PM »

I remember Stacy's post about a hummingbird last September when I ran across this a few days ago.

http://www.wimp.com/babyhummingbird/

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.