bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do we all have our "jars of oil" within us?  (Read 6260 times)

twig

Do we all have our "jars of oil" within us?
« on: July 02, 2006, 11:18:07 PM »

Hello, everyone.  I'm a newbie.  I've been reading "The Parable of the Ten Virgins."  Do we all have "our" jars of oil?  The wise do.  Does anyone have thoughts on the "spiritual" meaning of "slumber and sleep?"  I believe it is "spiritually" not a good condition to be in.  Fleshly and in agreement with the "spiritual" meaning of the number 10, as they "all" became drowsy and slept. 

Harry.

mercie

Re: Do we all have our "jars of oil" within us?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 06:04:57 PM »

Hello, everyone.  I'm a newbie.  I've been reading "The Parable of the Ten Virgins."  Do we all have "our" jars of oil?  The wise do.  Does anyone have thoughts on the "spiritual" meaning of "slumber and sleep?"  I believe it is "spiritually" not a good condition to be in.  Fleshly and in agreement with the "spiritual" meaning of the number 10, as they "all" became drowsy and slept. 

Harry.
Twig

I would love to share my thots here?

But Ive come to realise that long scriptural Posts by some are not wanted  then when you add a quick verbal assessment , some may  attack you for use of no scripture.

im beginning to become increasingly aware that we dont speak beyond the Bounds of L. Ray Smith.

My suggestion.

Mail Ray.
Blessings Twig

all4love

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 06:51:48 PM »

mercie,

whomever is making you feel this way should ought to take a better look at Ray's site because on the bottom of his page it state "Ask your question in the bible-truths discussion group. See THOUSANDS of emails not posted here.
Join Now - http://forums.bible-truths.com"  Granted it also gives his email address but nonetheless.

Twig

Webster's 1828 Dictionary:

1. Light sleep; sleep not deep or sound. From carelessness it shall settle into slumber, and from slumber it shall settle into a deep and long sleep.

2. Sleep; repose.

3. To be in a state of negligence, sloth, supineness or inactivity. Why slumbers Pope?

Rest to my soul, and slumber to my eyes.

I am fairly new still working on my studies but wanted to share this I need to look into this deeper thank you for the post.
got me thinking.

God Bless,
Amy

mercie

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 07:13:31 PM »

mercie,

whomever is making you feel this way should ought to take a better look at Ray's site because on the bottom of his page it state "Ask your question in the bible-truths discussion group. See THOUSANDS of emails not posted here.
Join Now - http://forums.bible-truths.com"  Granted it also gives his email address but nonetheless.

Twig

Webster's 1828 Dictionary:

1. Light sleep; sleep not deep or sound. From carelessness it shall settle into slumber, and from slumber it shall settle into a deep and long sleep.

2. Sleep; repose.

3. To be in a state of negligence, sloth, supineness or inactivity. Why slumbers Pope?

Rest to my soul, and slumber to my eyes.

I am fairly new still working on my studies but wanted to share this I need to look into this deeper thank you for the post.
got me thinking.

God Bless,
Amy
Amy

Thank you for your input. ;D

Scripture talks of Spiritual Sleep., those while alive in the Flesh fell asleep ( fell away)

Rom 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now [it is] high time to awake out of sleep: for now [is] our salvation nearer than when we believed. 

Rom 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light

Rom 13:13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. 

Rom 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to [fulfil] the lusts [thereof]. 

1Cr 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 

1Cr 11:30 For this cause many [are] weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 

1Cr 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 

1Cr 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. 

1Cr 11:33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. 

1Cr 11:34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come. 

1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 

1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 

1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as [do] others; but let us watch and be sober. 

there is BAD wine to drink( doctrines)

1Th 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 

1Th 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 

1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,  

1Th 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. 

1Th 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. 

1Th 5:12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; 

1Th 5:13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. [And] be at peace among yourselves. 

consider this In your Studies
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 07:32:29 AM by mercie »

all4love

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 07:21:11 PM »

Thank you mercie,

I appreciate other people's input alot and when they add scripture to their input it helps me ALOT in my studies so that I may read and understand the things our Father is trying to teach us.  I have learned so much from everyone here and wish to continue to do so.

God Bless you,
Amy

gmik

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 10:56:15 PM »

Welcome Twig to the forum!

Did you do a search on Ray's website??

I would love to know the spiritual application as in Babylon days this always scared me!

twig

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 07:22:32 AM »

Dear Mercie, Amy and Gina:

Thank you, for your much appreciated replies.  This being my first message, I was saddened that it didn't produce many replys.  Very humbling, very needed. 

With God's abundant love to you,

Harry. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.