bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deuteronomy 30:19  (Read 10053 times)

Kat

Re: Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 03:39:44 PM »

Hi Dan,

I do most of my searches with Goggle advanced search. I always search just the Bible-truths.com site. Looking at that link I think it must be the article Ray had and should be what the Hagee letter was composed of. I was quite unaware it was not the letter from the site though.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

daywalker

Re: Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 10:24:28 PM »

Love this topic as I just had a go round w/ a friend hung up on it.

Daywalker, could you expound on your metaphor???  I may have several rain jackets in my closet?  Am I free to choose which one I wear??  (I am serious)  thanks.

Hello Gena, yes sure...

Again, the question isn't "can" you make the choice, it's "why" you make the choice. The "why" is what proves you don't have "free" will. Sure, you'll choose which one you prefer to wear, but there will be a "reason" [or perhaps a few reasons] why you chose the one you did...

Maybe it matches the rest of your outfit better?
Maybe it's more comfy than the others?
Maybe it makes you look slimmer, prettier or whatever...?
Maybe you're going to see a good friend who bought that one for you and so you wanted to show it off to them?

Depending on how cold it is [is it just chilly, or is it raining, snowing...?] will also have a determining factor... etc

As much as our pride and ego makes us want to believe we are 'free' and 'independent', truth is we are controlled very much by our surroundings. Why is it that us boys have such a hard time not checking out cute girls, especially when they smell good and wear mini skirts and tank tops? Well that dang 'testosterone' aint only a lil part of the problem! [yea, real funny God! ;)]

Hope this helps, Peace!

Daywalker  8)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.