bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SIDE BY SIDE  (Read 5329 times)

geokuhns

SIDE BY SIDE
« on: September 15, 2010, 12:56:22 AM »

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 01:02:07 AM by George Kuhns »

geokuhns

Re: SIDE BY SIDE
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 11:49:29 AM »

Yes that was Bill Gaither. The singer was George Younce. I'm just a little bit familiar with these folks. George was a great singer. Died in 2005.

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 12:04:12 PM »

Lordy, my wife and I laughed hard at this one George!  :) Thanks!
Stacey

jassy

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 02:49:50 PM »

This is my answer to your post George

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1nPd7hezM

jassy

geokuhns

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 12:51:11 AM »

He sounds rather Jolly Sassy.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

judith collier

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 03:08:30 AM »

I know God is spirit but does God laugh? I did. But God doesn't appreciate levity does He? I was taught no. Maybe the question should be is God ever do anything funny ?????

judith collier

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 09:05:33 PM »

Janine, your answer was great. You made me see God more as a Father or Mother, a parent. And like all good parents we do want our children to be happy and laugh but we do roll our eyes at some of the stuff and if they go to far, we say enough. Good way to see that.
thanks, Judy

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 02:57:33 AM »

i just now saw this post of yours george. very funny. i copied it to my facebook page.

thanks for sharing.

claudia

grapehound

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 07:32:56 PM »

Hello George, delighted to meet you.

Thank you so much for your post, "Side by Side". I rocked with laughter.

Before God dragged me away from the heresy, I belonged to a church theatre group.
Appropriate comedy, we found, was one of the quickest ways to fill a church.
I believe God has a sense of humour. and that he laughs.
Did you ever see that video that our beloved Ray referred to, where the chimp was teasing the tiger cubs? You'd have to be brain dead not to smile.

It's amazing what you can teach the general public, if you make it funny, and I'm sure our brother Ray is aware of the value of amusing rhetoric.
God's word teaches us that there is a time to laugh.

There are also a plethora of validated scientific papers concluding that laughter is peculiar to Human beings and that it's action releases high doses of serotonin and dopamine into the brain's tissue. This strengthens the body's immune system and aids healing; emotionally and physically.
I believe God is the best medicine, but I also believe that laughter is one of the tools he created for such a purpose.
For anyone that is still not sure if God has a sense of humour, I would recommend that they check out the courtship dances of the many varieties of the Weaver birds. They ROCK!

I thank God for the laughter of our species, especially of children, which ultimately, we all are.

Every blessing on you George, especially for God's realism that shines out of every tear soaked face, when a covert smile simply won't suffice.

Muchest Luv in Jesus x
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.