bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is death forever?  (Read 4424 times)

booker

Is death forever?
« on: September 24, 2010, 01:03:22 PM »

Joshua 23:14
    This day I [Joshua] am going the way of all the earth.

Job 7:9
    As the cloud is consumed and vanishes away, so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more.

Job 14:10. 12
    But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he? ... So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.

Job 20:7
    Yet he shall perish for ever like his own dung.

Psalm 6:5
    For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Psalm 31:17
    Let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.

Psalm 88:5
    The dead ... whom thou rememberest no more.

Psalm 115:17
    The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.

Ecclesiastes 3:19
    For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast.

Ecclesiastes 9:5
    The dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward.

Ecclesiastes 9:10
    For there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Isaiah 26:14
    They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased they shall not rise.

Isaiah 38:18
    For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.

mharrell08

Re: Is death forever?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:18:51 PM »

None of these verses state death is forever. Try to express your point a little better for the members' sake.

daywalker

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 01:47:49 PM »

1 Samuel 2:6
The LORD kills and brings to life; he brings down to Sheol and raises up. 

Deuteronomy 32:39
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Psalm 49:14
But God will redeem my soul from the power of Sheol; For He will receive me.

[See also I Corinthians 15]

There's your answer.

sojourner

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 11:16:04 PM »

Job 14:10  But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he?
Job 14:11  As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:
Job 14:12  So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.

Here might be a nice reply.

Rev 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 12:32:42 AM »

Hi booker
Death is forever how long God chooses.
John, 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.