bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no one can say Christ is the lord of all.  (Read 5956 times)

gallenwalsh

no one can say Christ is the lord of all.
« on: September 19, 2010, 05:12:29 PM »

Can someone expound on this statement? No one can say Christ is the "lord of all" except by the holy spirit. I would assume that means the lord of the living as well as the dead. Both literally and spiritually.Demons as well. Why would one need the holy spirit to understand this ?

Roy Martin

Re: no one can say Christ is the lord of all.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 05:45:41 PM »

I speak only for myself that I need the spirit to reveal every thing to me, and correct me every single day. I've learned to not trust myself in anything.

Peace
Roy

Silent_Loner

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 05:46:33 PM »

thats a very good question. ive been wondering about that too.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 06:04:52 PM »

Hi Gallenwalsh,

The verse is this;

1Co 12:3  Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

There is no "Lord of all" in any of the tranlations that I looked at. But it is still a good question and I found where Ray spoke about this.

http://bible-truths.com/email15.htm -----------------

It is the Church that teaches that it is up to each and every individual to come to Christ and accept His gift of salvation. Jesus plainly tells us that "NO MAN CAN come to Him except the Father draw him" [Greek: "drag him"].

Even our faith is not of ourselves but it is the gift of God (Eph. 1:08),  and hundreds more such Scriptures. We make "CHOICES":  we do not have "free will" (See Eph. 2:13).  Did Paul suddenly "see the error of his ways" on the road to Demascus, or did God MAKE HIM repent in an instant of blinding light?  Did the King of Babylon "choose" to become a beast in the field for seven years in order to "BREAK" his own carnal will, or did God FORCE HIM TO DO SO?

I have heard ignorant ministers and theologians repeat like a broken record as if it were a Scripture, that:  "God will NEVER MAKE a person do anything against his OWN WILL"!  Oh really?  And what Bible do you suppose they are reading? "God is operating ALL according to counsel of His OWN WILL" (Eph. 1:11)!!

And you failed to acknowledge I Cor. 12:3 with reference to Phil. 2:9-11.  It is worst than error to try and compare God's ability to accomplish a task as compared to a man's ability to accomplish a task. "...no man CAN say that Jesus is the Lord, but BY THE HOLY SPIRIT."  Besides, God did not send His Son to "offer" salvation to the world, but "To BE the Saviour of the world."  To "be" a Saviour one MUST SAVE.  To be the Saviour of the whole "WORLD," one must SAVE THE WHOLE WORLD!!  This is axiomatic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 06:13:12 PM by Kat »

Gabriel

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 06:23:59 PM »

Can someone expound on this statement? No one can say Christ is the "lord of all" except by the holy spirit. I would assume that means the lord of the living as well as the dead. Both literally and spiritually.Demons as well. Why would one need the holy spirit to understand this ?

I noticed growing up that Christ was always presented by the church as being so angry and unmerciful but no one around me ever mentioned how he had mercy on even those demons that tormented the man living in tombs.  :)

musicman

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 06:45:59 PM »

thats a very good question. ive been wondering about that too.

Excuse me Silient Loner, that is my photo that you are using above.

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 12:50:32 AM »

Hey Gallenwalsh,
There are a couple scriptures that say "Lord of all the earth"
Also I'm unsure exactly what your asking?
Are you asking if Christ is lord of all??
or are you asking if demons can call Christ lord??

Ask for anyone calling Christ lord,
Here are some scriptures that reference I Cor 12:3
1Co 12:3  Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Mat 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Luk 6:46  And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Luk 6:47  Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
Luk 6:48  He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
Luk 6:49  But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

gallenwalsh

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 06:05:04 AM »

Thank you everyone, I think Kat hit it home for me. That put things in proper perspective for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.