bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Monday night football  (Read 12456 times)

darren

Monday night football
« on: September 20, 2010, 10:40:29 PM »

The Superbowl champs NewOrleans Saints vs 49ers.  Anyone from Frisco? Who's team going to the big game this yr?

Darren

RJ1980

Re: Monday night football
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 10:49:50 PM »

niners will win. but my saints are goin all the way baby!! yeeeehaaww! ;D

musicman

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 10:55:20 PM »

MN Football Theme-Da da da daaaaaa,  Ba ba, Ba, Da da da da daaaaaa, Ba ba, Ba ba, Da da da da da da daaaaaaaa, Daaa, daaa, daaa, daaaa, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, (cha cha cha cha cha cha) Da Da Da Da Da!!!!

Oh yeah, Dolphins rule!!!

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 10:55:58 PM »

Falcons all the way!
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

darren

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 09:41:44 PM »

Saints won by the skin of their teeth. 2-0. They are the champs and everbody wants a piece of them. Last yr they were the feel good story of the NFL and now they are the team to beat. however I do see a 2-dat for the who dat.

Darren

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 10:15:37 AM »

It's weird.. I used to be a huge football fan up until this past year. Now it seems I just don't have much passion left for it.

musicman

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 12:08:19 PM »

I have a friend that used to be a big football fan but isn't anymore.  These days he enjoys picking flowers, attending art shows, listens to classical music and writes poetry.  Oh, and sometimes he wears dresses.

I will go on record highly doubting a Saints repeat.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 12:26:24 PM »

I have a friend that used to be a big football fan but isn't anymore.  These days he enjoys picking flowers, attending art shows, listens to classical music and writes poetry.  Oh, and sometimes he wears dresses.

I will go on record highly doubting a Saints repeat.

:D

I used to spend tons of hours just going over football  team stats, recruiting/scouting info, draft projections, trade rumors, etc etc. Not counting actually watching the games. Just don't care to invest all that time anymore.

Thankfully it just gave me more time to study Scriptures. Also get in some more Xbox time.. which by the way, I'm loving the UFC Undisputed 2010.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:30:51 PM by Shawn »

musicman

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 02:57:54 PM »

Oh how sinful.  Xbox?  I'd rather watch 280 pound men take each others' heads off.

You're right about the hardcore fans in my oppinion.  I really don't care for stats or names.  I don't even watch pregame.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 03:10:04 PM »

Oh how sinful.  Xbox?  I'd rather watch 280 pound men take each others' heads off.

You're right about the hardcore fans in my oppinion.  I really don't care for stats or names.  I don't even watch pregame.

I've always wanted to see a super heavyweight division in the ufc.

The game at least offers a secret character to play as (Shaquille O'neal). He's like 7'1 265lbs or so hehe.

Marky Mark

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 03:42:24 PM »

(Shaquille O'neal). He's like 7'1 265lbs or so

It sounded a bit light. :o

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shaquille_oneal/

Weight: 325 lbs. / 147.4 kg.

Peace...Mark

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 03:47:11 PM »

Yeah, in game stats aren't accurate. I think it's because his character is outside their normal range for height/weight. For example, it doesn't show his reach also. Still pretty fun to play him vs someone smaller in the heavyweight division. He towers over them hehe.

Marky Mark

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 03:54:18 PM »

Shawn,are you saying he does not weigh at least that amount?

I'm 6' 2'' 260 and O'neal would dwarf me by comparison. ;)

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 04:04:39 PM »

Shawn,are you saying he does not weigh at least that amount?

I'm 6' 2'' 260 and O'neal would dwarf me by comparison. ;)

The measurements you gave are probably accurate for Shaq, but the game data doesn't show it accurately basically. They come close though as far as physics go.

Marky Mark

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 04:09:13 PM »

OK,gotcha now... ;D

Peace...Mark

darren

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 08:09:44 AM »

I was listen to one of Ray's audio I'm not sure which one. I listen to so many. I was watching ESPN and they were showing how the saints were NO#1. on getting turnovers and scoring. One play stood out where one of the defencive lineman picked up a fumble and ran it in for 69yards for the touchdown. This brings me to my point. On one of Rays audio he said no team in the history of sports has ever score on a defencive play. Am I missing something here?

Darren

musicman

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 10:52:31 AM »

I made a comment on that statement too.  I guess Ray isn't that keen on football and how scoring can be a two way thing.  Maybe he was thinking of baseball.  Althogh that fan sure scored a few runs for the Marlins in that National League Championship game a few years ago.

mharrell08

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 10:55:01 AM »

I was listen to one of Ray's audio I'm not sure which one. I listen to so many. I was watching ESPN and they were showing how the saints were NO#1. on getting turnovers and scoring. One play stood out where one of the defencive lineman picked up a fumble and ran it in for 69yards for the touchdown. This brings me to my point. On one of Rays audio he said no team in the history of sports has ever score on a defencive play. Am I missing something here?

Darren

Darren,

Technically, when a team turns the ball over, they are no longer on offense. I know sports announcers call these plays 'defensive plays' but that's the whole point of the word 'turnover'. The ball changes possession and the other team is now on offense.

But really, I think that's somewhat minor compared to the big picture Ray was talking about.

Marques

daywalker

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 04:16:56 PM »

Darren

Darren,

Technically, when a team turns the ball over, they are no longer on offense. I know sports announcers call these plays 'defensive plays' but that's the whole point of the word 'turnover'. The ball changes possession and the other team is now on offense.

But really, I think that's somewhat minor compared to the big picture Ray was talking about.

Marques

Hey, good point Marques. I was wondering about that too when I heard Ray say it; thanks for clearing it up...

Defense may not be able to score points, but they can take points off the board too  :D Kinda like "answering a fool according to his folly". When someone says something that is unscriptural and contradictory [and even ridiculous] and you expose it clearly and quickly, I've found often times they are left 'speechless'. They got no comeback... That's a spiritual SHUTOUT baby! LOL

Daywalker  8)

geokuhns

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 01:26:02 AM »

The following is from Answers.com

What NFL player has scored the most defensive touchdowns in a career?
In: American Football History [Edit categories] 

As of the 2008 season, that would be Rod Woodson with 13 regular season TDs (12 INT returns for TDs and 1 fumble return for a TD).
If you add in the playoffs the leader would be Aeneas Williams with 14 total TDs (11 INT returns for TDs (9 regular season and 2 playoff) and 3 fumble returns for TDs).

Rod Woodson scored most of his defensive touchdowns playing for the Steelers.  ;D
The Steel Curtain is back in 2010. Just ask the Falcons and Titans.  :o

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.