bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monday night football  (Read 13027 times)

geokuhns

Re: Monday night football
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 12:53:39 PM »

WARNING!!! Watching the Marky Mark video might cause shock and emotional distress.  :o Especially if you are a Falcon fan.  ;D I know. I'm bad. But the devil made me do it.  :'( Not.  8)

darren

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 03:17:40 AM »

Darren

Darren,

Technically, when a team turns the ball over, they are no longer on offense. I know sports announcers call these plays 'defensive plays' but that's the whole point of the word 'turnover'. The ball changes possession and the other team is now on offense.

But really, I think that's somewhat minor compared to the big picture Ray was talking about.

Marques

Yes Marques its minor compared to the big picture. I'm talking NFL football. As Kuhns posted Woodson who plays on defense scored many, many times. I guess the question is, at the point of a defense gets ball in hand, does it become the offense?? No need to get too deep into this. like you said it minor.

Darren

musicman

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 02:54:55 PM »

With these stupid Refs. these days, everybody has to be on the defensive.  Every good hit is flagged.  Players are penalized for good play.  The other night, I saw one of my guys flagged because he couldn't do something physically impossible.  In other words, he couldn't stop on a dime.  It wasn't helmet to helmit (those are horse pile rules too with how inconsistent they are).  The guy was going to make a tackle, the guy dropped the ball and the defender hit him with his shoulder.  There was no way he could pull up.  I hate that no horse collar rule too.  So you can grab his upper jersey but if this pulls him down, you'll be flagged.  And now a face mask is a 15 yard penalty regardless of whether you turn the guys head or your hand just happens to nudge the bars.  That's like getting five years for walking on the grass.  I hate what this game has become.  I don't blame the Refs. neccessarily.  I blame the NFL.  It's time to change the game to touch football.  No one will watch but at least there won't be any head injuries. 

musicman

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 03:00:04 PM »

But really, I think that's somewhat minor compared to the big picture Ray was talking about.

Yes, Ray was talking about how the front office of the NFL despises the word of:

C O N T A C T!!

F O O T B A L L!!

musicman

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 03:01:28 PM »

Players with the Blue dress, blue dress, blue dress,

Players with the blue dress, on!!

daywalker

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 11:13:01 PM »

With these stupid Refs. these days, everybody has to be on the defensive.  Every good hit is flagged.  Players are penalized for good play.  The other night, I saw one of my guys flagged because he couldn't do something physically impossible.  In other words, he couldn't stop on a dime.  It wasn't helmet to helmit (those are horse pile rules too with how inconsistent they are).  The guy was going to make a tackle, the guy dropped the ball and the defender hit him with his shoulder.  There was no way he could pull up.  I hate that no horse collar rule too.  So you can grab his upper jersey but if this pulls him down, you'll be flagged.  And now a face mask is a 15 yard penalty regardless of whether you turn the guys head or your hand just happens to nudge the bars.  That's like getting five years for walking on the grass.  I hate what this game has become.  I don't blame the Refs. neccessarily.  I blame the NFL.  It's time to change the game to touch football.  No one will watch but at least there won't be any head injuries. 

Totally with ya man... That's why I can't wait till hockey starts! Woooo....

musicman

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 11:44:50 AM »

Yeah, once I went to the fights and a hocky game broke out. 

Man, the Florida Panthers are lousy.

Ninny

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 01:35:17 PM »

Musicman, you made me break out in giggles...you know that's unusual for me!! hehehehe!!
Kathy ;)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2010, 03:56:56 AM »

I hate what this game has become.  I don't blame the Refs. neccessarily.  I blame the NFL.  It's time to change the game to touch football.  No one will watch but at least there won't be any head injuries. 

and this is why i have pretty much turned away from american football to soccer. although, there are head injuries sometimes in soccer too. from trying to put the ball in the net with your head, and as you jump up you hit heads with the other fella trying to defend your play.

claudia

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.