bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tank Project  (Read 5918 times)

EKnight

Tank Project
« on: September 21, 2010, 09:29:22 AM »

It seems petty but I'm going to ask anyway.  I have an underground oil tank that has not been in use for years.  It had been getting "water" in it and causing my boiler to shut down so about ten or so years ago we had an above ground tank put in the garage.  In the meantime, this underground tank was emptied (as far as I know) and in order to sell my house, I have to have a certificate of abandonment issued by the state.  They are coming today to open it, clean it and fill it but it has to be inspected for possible leakage and subsequent soil contamination.  Please pray that the latter did not occur otherwise it would be a costly project to "decontaminated" the soil.  If it is not the will of our Father to grant this prayer, then please pray that my insurance will cover the cost of decontamination (it would be in the tens of thousands)

Thank you all.

Eileen.

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Tank Project
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 12:21:27 PM »

Eileen

There is never anything "petty" about the tribulations our Lord authors for us to experience!

Whether the tank is leaking or not or whether the insurance is sufficient or not….. These are the ways God is working in you to the Power of His Spirit causing your circumstances and mine and those of every brother and sister being purified through His Consuming Fire.

May God continue to give you to overcome as you endure this trial. A dear sister prayed that for me when I was in one of my darkest moments and it brought great comfort and peace that God willing, does the same for you.

....God is in Control, causing everything that happens to us!

Arc

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 01:48:27 PM »

Apparently God wants to suck me dry.  They found about 15 holes in the tank and there was still 150 gallons of oil/water in the tank.  Now I'm waiting for the inspector to come to determine the extent of the leakage.  It's going to cost at least 7-15 thousand.  I will have to have the surrounding land excavated and the contaminated soil removed and replaced.  Not to mention replanting the grass and replacing the brick walkway.  From what I've read, many insurance companies have a "pollution clause" so that they don't have to pay for this kind of thing.  All these years paying and the one time I need insurance they probably won't pay. 

Bring it on God!!!  You won't break me!

Eileen

judith collier

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 04:53:25 PM »

Eileen, it's not over yet! Let's see, but i have prayed for the situation. One consoling fact, you could always lower the price of the house, being honest you would tell the buyers.
I have borrowed so much money from the darn house the kids will be lucky to pay a realtor. But, i have a few good life insurance policys. Somehow God will work it all out. Nothing is ever perfect and he has led me not to fear as far as money goes. This comes from yrs. of struggle financially.  My dreams of doing everythiog perfectly had caused me great distress but this dependence now that I have on God is worth all the money in the world.
Take heart, you really are loved. judy

lauriellen

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 09:59:39 PM »

dear eileen,
i am so sorry you are having such a rough time....please remember that there is a purpose for everything....we can't see it, but God truely is working every detail of our life to the 'good.'....i will be praying that God will give you strength to endure whatever He has purposed for you....i have said before, you are not alone, we are all in the fire together, just different circumstances, but just as hard pressed....that seems to be the way it is for us....

1Pe 1:7  so that the proving of your faith, much more precious than perishing gold, but having been proved through fire, may be found to praise and honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Heb 12:4  Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Heb 12:5  And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
Heb 12:6  For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons.
Heb 12:11  Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

praying for you,
lauriellen

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 11:46:06 PM »

may God's will be done.

claudia

steve

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 02:15:22 PM »

Good afternoon Eileen,

I had a similar situation happen to me in VA earlier this year. My large oil tank at the back of my house was leaking fuel oil onto the ground. I called the EPA, who directed me to my states environmental agency. Ask them what they can do to help you. I learned from them that (in VA anyway) I am responsible for a maximum of $500 toward an environmental cleanup. The taxes I pay for fuel in my state do in part go to a cleanup superfund created for these situations.

My tank was hauled away. The soil was excavated and carried away. The hole was refilled. I paid $500. Ask the EPA if your state has an advocate that can help you.

Steve

EKnight

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 08:58:35 PM »

Well Steve, the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation called me today and basically just said that the insurance company I have is pretty good about paying for some of this nightmare.  Hopefully that is the case.  It's like a scarlet letter has been put on my property and will remain there thus preventing me from selling, until I have it remedied.  I hope you all can just pray that this goes smoothly and without too much cost to me.

Eileen

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 02:41:43 AM »

eileen,
steve's suggestion sounds good. i know you said that the nys dec told you today that your ins. company is pretty good. but, was that call before you read steve's post? is so, than perhaps you might contact the nys dept. again and ask if the nys has any kind of limitations like va has on how much you are required to pay out of pocket, and how much the gov. of ny pays.

claudia

Samson

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 11:41:12 AM »

Apparently God wants to suck me dry.  They found about 15 holes in the tank and there was still 150 gallons of oil/water in the tank.  Now I'm waiting for the inspector to come to determine the extent of the leakage.  It's going to cost at least 7-15 thousand.  I will have to have the surrounding land excavated and the contaminated soil removed and replaced.  Not to mention replanting the grass and replacing the brick walkway.  From what I've read, many insurance companies have a "pollution clause" so that they don't have to pay for this kind of thing.  All these years paying and the one time I need insurance they probably won't pay. 

Bring it on God!!!  You won't break me!

Eileen

Eileen,

Sorry about Your recent plight, you've had more than Your share recently. Too bad the local officials became aware of this Tank. Some Handy man type Contractors might have removed the tank for you without some ridiculous local Govt people making a mountain out of a molehill and trying to extort an excessive amount of money. Hope and pray that they don't drain you financially dry.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Nan

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 12:00:01 PM »

Blessings and prayer for you, Eileen. I wish it could be more.

EKnight

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 11:37:37 AM »

The insurance claims department called me on Thursday.  They said that they want the tank co. to remove the tank so that they can physically examine it and take pictures.  They will take soil samples and send it to a lab overnight for "age dating" to see when the leak began.  If it started leaking before 1998 (when I bought the house and the policy took effect) then it won't be covered.  If it occurred after 2004 when the insurance company added a "pollution clause" to the policy, then it won't be covered.  Therefore, this age dating needs to be anywhere from 1998 - 2003 for it to be covered by insurance.

Samson, a neighbor of mine said the same thing.  He said he wished he knew about this beforehand because he knew a company that could have swept this under the rug.  However, this felt like dishonesty to me and I don't know that I could have done that.

The tank company that is doing the work has been very sympathetic to me.  The owner has assured me that he would take care of the situation with the least amount of cost to me and would deal with the other entities involved personally.  It's a family run business and they certainly seem genuine but I've been duped before. 

I just don't need any of this.  I just want to be able to sell my house, downsize and live within my new means.

Eileen

judith collier

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 02:27:26 AM »

Eileen, then I hope and pray that the tank's leaking was between 1998 and 2003.

Stacey

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 10:19:23 PM »

Eileen, then I hope and pray that the tank's leaking was between 1998 and 2003.

Amen to that! ME TOO! Praying for ya Eileen.
Stacey

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 08:37:44 AM »

Not perscribing to our Lord.....me too Eileen....me too, holding you in prayer!

Arc

cjwood

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 09:51:55 PM »

me too eileen. me too. i pray that this may be of God's mercy and will. but, He knows that this too is necessary for your growth towards His Image.  :)

stand STRONG in the faith He has given you.

love to you dear sister. :)

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.