bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where I've been  (Read 3083 times)

Roy Martin

Where I've been
« on: October 10, 2010, 10:50:27 AM »

Like a piece of drift wood floating on the sea; I’ve been floating around with no control of where I’m going.
How could it be? There I was, a seemingly healthy branch attached to a strong sturdy tree that stood high on a cliff at the oceans edge when a strong wind came and tossed me into the sea. As I plummeted downward into the sea, I had no fear, but I wondered about the tree I was once a part of as I splashed into the sea. I went under and was tossed around as the waves crashed down on me, but I had no fear. The tide released me and set me into a drift in a direction beyond my control. All I could see was water and the horizon as the sun was touching down at the edge of the world.
 Many days and nights have passed as I continue to drift in all directions. I have neither fear nor loneliness or despair even when a bird came down and started pecking on me and tore a part of me away and flew back into the sky.
 I have seen dry land and have landed on it a few times just to be taken back into the sea by the high tide.
   Most of my life has been this way, even before I was a branch, I was adrift in the sea of this world, but those times were nothing but darkness all around me full of fear and despair, but it was in that darkness that landed me on solid ground. I’m no longer in the darkness, but if I were I would have no fear. It’s in the darkness that I found and saw the light. Even as I drift on the sea I can see the stars and the moon, and oh how brilliant they are as they reflect on the water.

Peace
Roy

Roy Martin

Re: Where I've been
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 11:22:28 AM »

Not that it matters to me, but as peculiar as it may seem this is a testimony of how I might be drifting, separated from the tree; I'm still part of it in heart and soul.
 Its a positive testimony. I love the tree.I'm also content and at peace in knowing w/o doubt that God is in control of this old piece of wood that I am.

Peace
Roy

A good brother in Christ just brought something to mind. I spoke of being out to sea, but he suggested that perhaps we, him and I are in the dessert. That would have made more sense and easier to understand.
 I just finished writing a song titled, House on the Sand. I've had the sea on my mind lately from that song.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 12:58:51 PM by Roy Martin »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.