bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Because it's easy to be rude on the Internet  (Read 12600 times)

Ninny

Re: Because it's easy to be rude on the Internet
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 04:05:58 PM »

Thank you, Marques! Very timely!
Kathy ;)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 04:43:44 PM »

I've lived a life in the rough and tumble of work, and in other forums where absolutely nothing I've ever read at B-T would be considered overly rude--especially among friends, work-equals, and musical partners (don't get me started on musical partners  :D )  I'm also inclined, since most of my life has consisted of communicating over distance, to communicate forcefully and at least attempt to be persuasive.

But I understand that 'we' here are dragged from so many different 'places' in life, and that the work God is doing in 'us' in perfecting us is primarily individual and not so much collective.  So while it's pretty easy for me to live and let live and allow people opinions that I don't share, I don't hold all opinions in equal value, and I don't give all viewpoints equal access to my 'soul'.  That's not going to change any time soon.  

I know there are times when I've crossed the line in forcefulness and 'persuasion'.  I am certain there have been times when I was flat out wrong.  I can't tell you how many times I've typed out a message and declined to click 'post', or edited my thoughts before or after I'd decided to speak.  However many times that has happened, I know it is not often enough.

I've always thought, since reading the forum before joining, that some people seemed to need to soften up, and others needed to toughen up.  I still think that's true, and scriptural as well.  If it is, then I'm one of those who mostly needs to soften up.  I don't know why its so hard to change, but that may be why it is so easy to be 'rude'.  Every time I try, I eventually fail.  We don't get to be sons and daughters without a scourging.  Maybe we can learn to excercise patience with each other...to neither give nor take offense.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

grapehound

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 06:44:36 PM »

"If Your Cat goes to the bathroom on the floor, You don't chastise your dog for it."

Yeah tell'em Samson, leave us dogs alone ! We always get wuff justice.

I'm kinda with Dave Tenn and Samson on this one.
If someone offends you, just don't reply.
Silence is often misunderstood; but it's never misquoted.

Lesson from the playground, " It's amazing how quickly a kid will stop throwing the ball, if you never make an attempt to catch it."

Blessed are the peacemakers.
(Wasn't that a Colt revolver?)

Grape x

daywalker

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 09:45:57 PM »

"If Your Cat goes to the bathroom on the floor, You don't chastise your dog for it."

Unless your dog taught your cat how to go to the bathroom on the floor  ;) :D ;D

Samson

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 02:52:38 AM »

Unless your dog taught your cat how to go to the bathroom on the floor  ;) :D ;D

Hey Christopher,

Even a guy that's serious like me got a kick out of that one,  ;).

Keep um laughing, Samson.

jassy

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 04:45:04 AM »

Yeah tell'em Samson, leave us dogs alone ! We always get wuff justice.

I'm kinda with Dave Tenn and Samson on this one.
If someone offends you, just don't reply.
Silence is often misunderstood; but it's never misquoted.

Lesson from the playground, " It's amazing how quickly a kid will stop throwing the ball, if you never make an attempt to catch it."

Blessed are the peacemakers.

(Wasn't that a Colt revolver?)

Grape x

grapehound

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2010, 02:31:56 PM »

Priceless Christopher ! Just priceless ! LOL. ;D

Great t-shirt  Jassy !
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.