bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An Ugly, Scary thing!!  (Read 6222 times)

Ninny

An Ugly, Scary thing!!
« on: September 21, 2010, 10:24:38 PM »

I learned something today! Be very wary and walk carefully there are snakes in the grass!! I know God loves us with an extreme love and I believe He demonstrated that love to me today! My Facebook account was hacked sometime in the wee hours of this morning...and it was a very scary thing!! I believe if we are diligent God will show us things about dangerous situations...in the face of everything God calls us to love our enemies...But we need to be aware of things that don't seem just right...I saw something last night, and as a result my FB was hacked! ...I just want us all to watch for things that don't add up and things that cause a red flag to fly in your mind...So love your enemies, but be watchful, that's all I'm saying....
I know the moderators will determine if this is a proper post or not and I will not be offended if it is pulled...I don't know if it's appropriate to post....

Kathy :)

Samson

Re: An Ugly, Scary thing!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:33:17 PM »

I learned something today! Be very wary and walk carefully there are snakes in the grass!! I know God loves us with an extreme love and I believe He demonstrated that love to me today! My Facebook account was hacked sometime in the wee hours of this morning...and it was a very scary thing!! I believe if we are diligent God will show us things about dangerous situations...in the face of everything God calls us to love our enemies...But we need to be aware of things that don't seem just right...I saw something last night, and as a result my FB was hacked! ...I just want us all to watch for things that don't add up and things that cause a red flag to fly in your mind...So love your enemies, but be watchful, that's all I'm saying....
I know the moderators will determine if this is a proper post or not and I will not be offended if it is pulled...I don't know if it's appropriate to post....

Kathy :)

Yes Kathy,

I was warned repetitiously  about that Guy. I sent you a personal message about that at facebook. Pam found out who this person was and together we viewed the ugly comments made about someone we know. Yes, it's a shame, however, this guy was removed from facebook and rightly so. My only remark is: " Don't people have better things to do with their time, apparently not.

Sorry about Your Dilemma, Samson.

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 10:40:19 PM »

Anyway, surely there are more interesting people to hack!!  But I think I know what it feels like to have your identity stolen! I felt violated and dishonored!
I still feel very shaken over this...
Kathy :(

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 11:08:40 PM »

You're easier to hack because you can't jump as high as some of us.

I have mixed feelings about facebook, on many levels.  As for what you're talking about, it isn't the safest site on the web, and their info-delivery and security procedures are difficult to manage for a casual user...and with a 'social site', shouldn't we ALL feel comfortable as casual users?  Like TV exists to sell us stuff, facebook exists to mine us for stuff.  In many ways, we're the merchandise.

I think the safest thing you can do on facebook is to change your password from time to time, and to at least investigate a little bit if you get a friend's notice from somebody you don't know.  What's wrong with sending them a message first asking why they want to be 'friends' with you? 

I've curtailed my activities there for time and sanity's sake, but it's still valuable for what I use it for. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 12:00:18 AM »

yeah, yeah...short people got no reason to live! hahahaha!! you make me laugh that's nice!!
My primary reason for having facebook was to have contact with distant family and friends, for that purpose it is great!
I think you're right, Dave...wow when I say that in my mind it sounds like a line from Alvin and the Chipmunks!!  ;D ;D      No you are right! You're right about investigating friend requests...I think it's nice when a friend request comes with a note of who you are!! I always try to identify myself to others and when it's a forum member I always include "Ninny" so that I will be known!
AND changing the password often...good idea... good advice Dave!
Kathy ;)

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 12:41:35 AM »

AND changing the password often...good idea... good advice Dave!

like she said.

claudia

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 12:51:35 AM »

http://www.sileo.com/facebook-safety/  is an 'outsider's' view of facebook safety tips.  It's about a year old, so some details may no longer apply.

http://www.facebook.com/help/?safety is obviously straight from the horse's mouth. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 03:06:54 AM »

I have serious thoughts about deleting mine.  :-\
I change my password often. ;D
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

judith collier

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 04:02:32 AM »

kathy, never having been hacked into exactly what happened? I don't have a clue. judy

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 09:29:32 AM »

Just make sure not to put too much personal info out there. I only really use facebook as a way to keep in touch with old friends and also to give testimony of God's word. Other than that, I don't stay on it much
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.