bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dilemma  (Read 3826 times)

SDDiver

Dilemma
« on: September 24, 2010, 05:41:47 PM »

I have a friend whom I hadn’t seen in several years. Back when we used to hang out, I tried to “witness” to him and “convert” him to Christianity. Obviously that was before I came to the truth of universal reconciliation and to this website. I invited him to church many times but he kept declining my invites. Eventually he moved and we failed to stay in touch.

Recently I received a phone call from this friend. He’ll be in town in a few weeks and is now ready to go to church with me. Oops…

What to do? Not go and tell him I was wrong when I tried converting him? Or go for his sake because his journey is only about to begin and he’ll need to have the church experience just as we all did?  

Oy.  ???

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 09:59:33 PM »

Hi SDDiver
 Bring him up to date where you are now and let God do the saving. :)

Joel

musicman

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 10:59:25 PM »

Yeah, I always thought it was best to just tell kids that if they stand in water and stick their finger in a light socket that they will get a shock.  Even though they would believe you more if they just went through the pain a few times.  Just bring them to the truth and avoid the pain.

grapehound

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 05:37:47 AM »

WTG Musicman! LOL. ;D

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 10:27:09 PM »

Hello SDDiver,

Please consider meeting with him and carefully explaining some of what you have learned.
This may be a special opportunity to demonstrate that conversion is a process.
You sincerely believed some error before and now God is correcting you.
Later God will correct everyone and that should be of interest to your friend.

I'm sure that you can think of other examples.
Just go slowly. Don't try to answer all questions at one sitting.
Talk about sports or family too.

Leave some things unanswered and hope that your friend will come back for more.
That is usually the better way. It's Jesus' job to make it clear to him, when the time is right.

Regards, Indianabob

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 11:14:16 PM »

excellent reply indianabob!  something we all can learn.

claudia

SDDiver

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 02:41:11 PM »

Thank you Indianabob, great advice. My wife is from Indiana, too, by the way. Crawfordsville - I love it there, it's actually got 4 distinct seasons. (in a sense, so do we: drought, fire, rain, mudslide)

In regards to my friend, I think I'll see where God takes us. Originally I was going to do the adult thing and lie and tell him we weren't going to be home that weekend. Confronting the situation is the better plan of course. In the end we'll both be blessed by it. From what it seems, he has started his religious journey a while back and now wants to sort of thank me for being one of his inspirations by going to church with me.

Speaking of which, right now I'm a bit nervous because my wife has told me yesterday evening (Saturday) that she, too, wants to go to church today because she hasn't been in such a long time and misses it. She didn't say if she needed me to go too but I'm assuming so. The last time I went there I was feeling physically sick to my stomach after having to listen to the "story" of Lucifer. We had a short conversation about it afterward but obviously the pastor has far more credentials than I do.

Sometimes (often) I wonder why God has brought me to know the truth but those around me can't see it. I'm sourrounded by so many people whom I cherish and love and yet I'm lonely in a way. I'm sure many of you are going through similar trials. It's good to have this place to come and retreat to.

Stacey

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 03:05:27 PM »

It's good to have this place to come and retreat to.

Amen to that SDDiver, amen!

On more than a couple occasions I have been asked to go to church with my wife and fam and sadly I have agreed to go. The family say's they have found a better church that is different than all the rest and that it is so much better. Yeah, right, I've heard it all before and even though there may be a few good points to church service overall the cloud of deception hangs. The Shepard is deceived and cannot do anything but continue to deceive the flock.

Again, it is great to have the BTF to retreat to and sometimes Church happens, right here on the forum! 
Stacey

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 09:02:43 AM »

……….but obviously the pastor has far more credentials than I do………

That’s a classic. LOL.

Ray says that he is in Church every time he opens his Bible!

Also, us folks here, have one another always on our minds, not  just in prayer time once a day or in Church weekend gatherings. We are in each other’s presence though we are not physically approximate, we are spiritually so! 8)

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.