bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Idea for Sports Programing  (Read 5690 times)

musicman

New Idea for Sports Programing
« on: September 24, 2010, 10:43:28 PM »

You didn't get enough football on Saturday or Sunday afternoon.  

So you stay up late for Monday Night Football.

You were already tired from Sunday Night Football, but that's OK.

Because later you'll recklessly stay up late for Thursday Night Football.

And then they invented Wednsday Night Football.

By Friday you are so tired that you forgot about Friday Night Football.

But you wanted more and we listened.  So now we have:

Wednsday Afternoon Football!!!

That's right, it wasn't enough that you missed two days last week because you were too tired to wake up.  Because now, you won't even think about going to work.  TVs will be on at the office leading to corporate time stealing sports gazing.  But you will stay home on your couch.  The games will be meaningless between two girl teams who never get to be on TV.  But since it's the only game on, millions will watch.  Your boss will hear numerous tales of sick employees.  And god forbid if you attend the game.  Because your boss will be watching and nobody else will be there anyway.  So you'll be on an island at the 50 yard line with the whole world zeroing in on your lazy lying mug.  The home team will hear a yay and a few hand claps when they are on defense.  

So you wanted to see a game between Western Kentucky and Yale?  Well grab your beer, grab your koollaid because:

It's Wednsday Afternoon Football on Fox.  (You won't remember the game in a week anyway.)  

Ninny

Re: New Idea for Sports Programing
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 11:35:57 PM »

Oh my gosh!!! I am sooo glad my husband hates football now!! For over 15 years it was nothing but football, football, football!! Suddenly about 20 years or so ago when our sons were teenagers and decided they were Alabama fans... He turned ugly and became an AUBURN fan!! Only to antagonize his sons!!! Now the only reason he ever watches football is to taunt our sons!! So if I had to listen to him with all of this every-day-of-the-week football I would become very bitter and angry!!! I might even do something drastic like drive his big fat Dodge Ram pickup truck into the swimming pool!!! Ha!!

Oh, wait... Darn it!! I forgot! I can NOT REACH THE PEDALS!!! Well...I'd think of something else!!!

Kathy ;)
I have no patience with men who sit on the couch watching football and only speak to their wives with words like"hey, babe! Wanna grab me another beer while you're in the kitchen!?" :-P

judith collier

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 05:33:40 AM »

Kathy, thank god my husband did not especially like sports. He has taken up watching nascar races and heaven forbid if I have something to say. I get a look that says about 20 things all at once and I can read all of them. And they are not nice!

Vangie

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 07:04:48 AM »

Judy, I know that look--I thought it was just for me!!   ;) :D

Samson

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 09:57:22 AM »

Kathy, thank god my husband did not especially like sports. He has taken up watching nascar races and heaven forbid if I have something to say. I get a look that says about 20 things all at once and I can read all of them. And they are not nice!

Judy,

I got somewhat bored with Football, too many games, too many teams, too many commercials and no DVR recording to avoid commercials. This year, it seems, most of the Sporting events that I like to watch are on when I'm at work like the Mets/Phillies series this weekend. My Wife and I don't watch too much T.V. anymore, mostly Movies from Netflix. Apparently Movie Rental Company's like netflix slam dunked Blockbuster, because they just filed for Bankruptcy.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 05:34:41 PM »

It doesn't matter how many days of the week it comes on... the Saints only play one day a week and I rarely watch anything else. It was kind of weird watching when they played on Thur night this year.  But it really doesn't make any difference to me, no lost sleep here  ;D

Kat

Roy Coates

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 01:44:41 PM »

What si football ???

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 05:14:30 PM »

What si football ???

Pardon Roy?
They don't have football in Michigan?

What sports competition do you watch or participate in?

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 02:12:08 PM »

Apparently Movie Rental Company's like netflix slam dunked Blockbuster, because they just filed for Bankruptcy.

Yeah, definitely. That along with direct tv/cable rentals with the click of a button.

Though I think the Redbox $1 day-rentals really put the nail in the coffin for Blockbuster.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.