bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Question  (Read 6691 times)

ciy

Church Question
« on: July 03, 2006, 03:01:07 PM »

Just curious what do you answer when you are speaking to someone and they ask "What church do you attend?" 

You say, "I do not."

They ask, "Oh really.  Why do you not go to church?"

Just curious to some your answers.

CIY

mercie

Re: Church Question
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 03:47:25 PM »

Depends on how you define church.

As in a Building or meeting together in Spirit

For example:- this forum of like- minded people is Church for many.

Theres you and the Spirit In You which makes Two. ;D ;D

Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

gmik

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 04:01:52 PM »

That is a tuff one!!

Usually, I just say the name of the church I used to go to.  I know but if you are yakking to an old acquaintance in the grocery line you just can't get into anything.  I still want them to know I am a believer.

If there is time and the listener is truly listening, I will start with UR beliefs.  (Tithing & Hell invoke strong reaction from people!)  I will mention Ray's website if they truly want more.  In my little world, too many say "OH" and don't want to know more.

What I do know is that I need to memorize scripture and not just remember things.  I get all bogged down or tangled up when trying to discuss this with family.

all4love

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 04:13:36 PM »

I tell people that I don't believe the things the churches in my area teach and that I found a church on the internet that I attend everyday.

YellowStone

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 04:32:29 PM »

I tell people that I don't believe the things the churches in my area teach and that I found a church on the internet that I attend everyday.
That's a great answer!  :D

I'll have to remember that one.

Love Yellowstone

ciy

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 04:44:51 PM »

I agree All4love.  That is a good answer.  Thanks.
CIY

mercie

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 05:47:01 PM »

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ ???

Daniel

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 07:11:19 PM »

(laughing Mercy) you kill me!

If someone asks, "what church do you GO TO"?

I'll rephrase the question personally asking, "which church do I belong to"? (answering)  "the Mount Zion Assembly".

Provides a way out of being pulled into any arguing

Peace

Daniel

gmik

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 10:59:16 PM »

Yes, I like that one too!!

You know, between reading on Ray's site, studying, and reading and responding on the forum everyday I am "in church" more than the people that ask!!

prarrydog

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 11:05:00 PM »

My new neighbor (catholic) just asked me the other day.  I told her that I used to be SDA but am now non-denominational as I don't believe any of the churches teach the truth.  She asked nothing else...I told her nothing else.  Can't wait for the next conversation though.  ;D

ciy

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 12:10:12 PM »

Thanks all for the suggestions.  I appreciate your time and advice.  I was asking in reference to the church as in society today even though I realize that is not the church in the scriptures.  I was asking so as not to be a stumbling block to someone and you have given me several suggestions.  Everyone have a great holiday and I thank God for you all.
CIY

Lightseeker

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 01:11:46 PM »

WHAT CRUTCH DO I GO TO?  ;D

I feel blessed to be able to say,  “What do you mean when you say church?”  It opens the door for me to "make disciples" by planting seeds of truth concerning the biblical definition of church…’the called out ones’.  I then can explain that this term doesn’t mean called out of…a denomination or a cult or a ‘whatever' is in/of the world.  But that it refers to those called out of the world and into His family.  I can then tell them that the part of the family/body I am in for corporate fellowship/worship/Sunday school/submission to authority ect. is the “church on the hill", and then I give the name of our 'congregation'. 

This local congregation fulfills having appointed elders, deacons, ect. as mentioned in the scriptures.  Lastly I tell them that I don’t agree with everything taught in that church…or any other "crutch".  That usually opens another door for more questions because most people are of the opinion that we’re all supposed to quack like one duck and instead of just acting like the same kind of ducks.  It allows me to define truth as the ‘spiritual reality’ of 'Christ/annointed one' being revealed/manifested in me/us/them and not some ‘mandatory 100% doctrinal agreement’ originated by people who admit they don’t know it all anyway….hello….can we all relate to ‘not knowing it all’?  Usually I can cover most of these points before their minds are on overload with stuff to process…if they truly have the anointing within to do so.  This has allowed me to be true to myself, scripture (as I see it) and our Lord (as I know Him).

This discussion also helps explain why there are "666" "Christian denominations" out there.  Those figures are....figures...if ya know what I mean.  ;)

PS I don't really call it CRUTCH when talking to them...that really would just be too much.  :P

ciy

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 01:58:50 PM »

I know I probably should not be replying this much, but you all are giving some great information.  I appreciate it all.  This is fellowshipping with one another.  Exhorting and encouraging.
ciy

Beloved

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 02:14:57 PM »

When I am asked what church I tell tell them we have no building of dead brick  we have no denominational name but have the name above all and we have no human leader, but the sone whom the Father whom He was well pleased.

I am a member of the body of Christ and He is our head. When two or more of us body members are gathered be in person or even here on the internet He is in the midst of us.

I also tell them we have absolutely no hierearchcy because Christ is our head. Our brethern our brothers and fellow body members and none are supeior.  We pay no tithes but everything we have we are willing to give away.  We believe the scriptures say they mean not what any manmade doctrines say they mean.

I believe in the total sovernignty of God and that Many are called but Few are chosen and this is all of God's doing and not man's

I believe that God id Love and that  that All people will be eventually saved but each in their own order. There is no Hell or eternal damnation  but there is a Lake of Fire where people will be purified in truth and compassion.

Beloved

all4love

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 03:02:08 PM »

I have to agree that everyones response is VERY good.  I generally prefer to keep my answer short due to the fact that I am still in the infancy of learning God's truths and I don't want to be wrong on anything that I say.  My husband on the other hand when my parents asked what church we go to he said "none" they asked why and he asked them "did Jesus or any of his disciples preach in one church building? No.  So why should we go to a church building and hear what MAN has to say when we can read God's words for ourselves" and then he recites " where there are two or more gathered in my name there I am also".

God Bless you all,
Amy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.