bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exodus 6:6-8  (Read 5915 times)

phillip78

Exodus 6:6-8
« on: September 27, 2010, 12:53:19 PM »

I have a question with a passage of scripture. Hopefully someone here may help.

6.Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:
7And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
8And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the LORD.

Here is my question:

Did God say that he would bring the 1st generation of Israelites into the Promised Land but instead they died in the desert after refusing to go in? Or was this something totally different?

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Exodus 6:6-8
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 03:35:35 PM »

Hi phillip78

We may begin to learn in LOF part 1 of the Ray Smith series, that the Scriptures are not literal or physical.  This is expounded and secured upon the very words or our Lord Jesus Christ who says:

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Like all the Scripture, every Word is as Jesus says it is ~ Spirit and Life.

So if anyone reads the words that Jesus speaks, which is the entire Scriptures, if read with the flesh, physical eyes, interpreting spiritual words as if they are physical in meaning, then there can be nothing profitable or beneficial or fruitful in doing so.

The Hebrew Scriptures are written in aorist tense being of meaning past, present and future or is, was and will be. So everything you have presented in the Scripture you wish to understand has its meaning in what is past, present and future.

There are many generations. the generations of the heavens and of the earth, the generations of Adam, the generations of Noah, there are even perpetual generations: there are their generations and your generations,  and all generations, yet a first generation is not referred to anywhere that I can find,  in the Scriptures.

There is a first man Adam, a second man who is our Lord from Heaven and a Last Adam that the Scriptures don’t say is a man at all, but is a quickening Spirit.

Recommended reading / re-reading : LOF part 1

So to answer your question ~  God did not promise one thing and then wipe out all evidence of not keeping His Promise except for two who entered the Promised Land. God keeps His Promises and God knew exactly where when and how the rebellious children of Israel were to die even before they left Egypt. He still made His Promise and He will keep it. The dead shall rise again to judgment and we know, trust and believe that the Son of God was sent by The Father, as Jesus Who came to save the world, not just the few, the contemporary or those He knew when He still walked on the earth in a physical mortal body.

Everyone will be saved, healed repented, purged and purified, judged and made right with God. God didn’t lie then, He doesn’t lie now and He is not a God that He should lie.

That’s good news for us! 8)

Arc

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 03:48:08 PM »

6.Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:
7And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
8And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the LORD.

Here is my question:

Did God say that he would bring the 1st generation of Israelites into the Promised Land but instead they died in the desert after refusing to go in? Or was this something totally different?

Hello Phillip78,

While the scriptures do not refer to them as the 1st generation, the generation that the Lord is speaking of here did not enter the Promise Land, except for Joshua & Caleb [Num 14:29-30].

Jacob was named Israel [Gen 32:28], so the 1st generation would be his sons & daughters, and possibly grandsons & granddaughters. Neither were told to enter the Promise Land, God visited their descendants many years later to free them from Egypt.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 04:35:48 PM »

Num 16:13  Is it a small thing that you have brought us up out of a land that flows with milk and honey, to kill us in the wilderness, but must you also seize dominion over us?

Moses was falsely accused of bringing the Hebrews out of Egypt in order to kill  and rule over them. The upshot of that false belief and blasphemous assumption was:

Num 16:31  And it came to pass, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground cleaved asunder that was under them:
Num 16:32  And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained to Korah, and all their goods.
Num 16:33  They, and all that appertained to them went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation.

... and that's not all that happened either! :o

Arc

phillip78

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 05:35:42 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I have read, and re read all of the lake of fire series at bibletruths.com many times. I'm probably there nearly every single day. I'm sure we all have questions, and thoughts that come about sometimes, but usually I can find answers on BT.com, I didn't see anything on that subject.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 06:04:30 PM »

Hi phillip78

The following guidance is for us all, even those of us who can remember what we have read and even those who have read everything Ray has written ~ this still stands, for us all. :)

If you cannot identify yourself, personally, with all the stories and accounts in the Old Testament, then you have not even begun to overcome all the carnality that you are. L Ray Smith Ref : TRUTH NUMBER NINE/ TWELVE GOD-GIVEN TRUTHS TO UNDERSTAND HIS WORD - L_ Ray Smith

Arc

Kat

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 06:09:05 PM »

Hi Phillip,

Remember the whole Bible is a parable of the many called and the few chosen. All the trials and tribulations of the children of Israel are a shadow/example for us.

1Co 10:1  Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,
v. 2  all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
v. 3  all ate the same spiritual food,
v. 4  and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.
v. 5  But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.
v. 6  Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted.

1Co 10:11  Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

God commanded that they should obey Him and they agreed, just like the church today think they are obeying God's commandments.

Exo 19:3  And Moses went up to God, and the LORD called to him from the mountain, saying, "Thus you shall say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel:
v. 4  "You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings and brought you to Myself.
v. 5  Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine.

Exo 19:8 And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do.

Israel is a shadow of the many called, and only a few of them were chosen to go into the promise land. Just like Israel all those called into the church today believe they are to obey God, yet all without exception have gone astray.

Isa 53:6  All we like sheep have gone astray;
       We have turned, every one, to his own way...

So we have Israel as the forerunner of today church and all of Israel died in the wilderness not having received the promise(land) and will come up in the resurrection of condemnation, just like the many called in the church.

John 5:28  Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
v. 29  and come forth--those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 08:29:27 PM by Kat »

daywalker

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 06:29:08 PM »

Here is my question:

Hello Phillip,

Notice that He was speaking to "the children of Israel" when He said He would take them as His "people" and bring to them the Promised Land He had been preparing for them. So, not necessarily speaking specifically of them whom first heard these words. It's like when God told Abraham that he would have "many" seed, though at the time he had none. He would later give birth to Ismael and Isaac, which is hardly "many" seed. His seed didn't "multiply" till many years after his death.

Hope that helps.

Daywalker  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.