bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Second Coming  (Read 4992 times)

SDDiver

Second Coming
« on: October 01, 2010, 01:28:42 PM »

Ray writes the following in part 7 of LOF:

Millions upon millions have already, lived, read this prophecy, and later died. When does Jesus Christ come to the readers of this prophecy? When they are alive. (http://bible-truths.com/lake7.html)

We learn from scipture, 1 Cor 15:46 The spiritual does not come first, but the physical and then the spiritual.

If this is a universal truth, then does it not also apply to the Lord’s comings? The first was physical and the second spiritual? Or are there scriptures that say that the second coming of Christ must be physical?

Jesus once walked the earth physically, He was crucified, died, was resurrected, and went to be with His Father. But yet He is here with us now.

I might be totally off with this. But I’m sure there are lots of knowledgeable folks here who can help me out.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:41:25 PM by SDDiver »

mharrell08

Re: Second Coming
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 01:48:27 PM »

Ray writes the following in part 7 of LOF:

Millions upon millions have already, lived, read this prophecy, and later died. When does Jesus Christ come to the readers of this prophecy? When they are alive. (http://bible-truths.com/lake7.html)

We learn from scipture, 1 Cor 15:46 The spiritual does not come first, but the physical and then the spiritual.

If this is a universal truth, then does it not also apply to the Lord’s comings? The first was physical and the second spiritual? Or are there scriptures that say that the second coming of Christ must be physical?

Jesus once walked the earth physically, He was crucified, died, was resurrected, and went to be with His Father. But yet He is here with us now.

I might be totally off with this. But I’m sure there are lots of knowledgeable folks here who can help me out.

Jesus Christ is not coming back as flesh and blood. Jesus was only made into flesh and blood for the express purpose of dying [Phil 2:7-8]. After, He received the glory 'which He had before the world was' [John 17:5].

Christ, as spirit, is still able to make Himself visible. People will see Him when He returns, but that does not make Him physical/flesh & blood.

Hope this helps,

Marques

SDDiver

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 02:07:22 PM »

It does help Marques. So if Christ returns in spirit, then has He not already returned to each of us individually?

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 02:49:37 PM »

It does help Marques. So if Christ returns in spirit, then has He not already returned to each of us individually?

When Christ returns to judge the world, He will be seen.

1 John 3:2  Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

I think we have to remember that Christ comes to us, individually in this age, as the Spirit of God. Christ said He and His Father would abide IN us, as we obey His Word [John 14:23]. This is evident in each of us by our fruit [Matt 7:16]. That is the only way to discern if Christ is IN you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.