bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who do we pray to?  (Read 5117 times)

Felix

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Who do we pray to?
« on: October 01, 2010, 06:33:29 PM »

Hi everyone,

You know, I've gone to church all my life, studied the bible; and now, I've been enlightend by Rays'
teaching. But, I have trouble understanding some basic spiritual truths.

Here is my question: Who do we pray to?

Years ago I ask our pastor this question. He said that it didn't matter because God, Jesus, and the Spirit
were all the same. I know that the Father and Jesus are not the same. Jesus prayed to the Father when
the disciples ask him how to pray. So I believe that we should pray to the Father. But, Jesus is mediator
between God and man; therefore, can we also pray to Jesus?

grapehound

Re: Who do we pray to?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 08:13:32 PM »

Hi Felix,
My understanding is that Jesus always pointed to Father and no man could come to the Father except by Him.
Therefore, I pray to the Father; in Jesus name.
"...pray in this wise, " Our Father....."

Amen?  :)

Love in Jesus

Grape

Kat

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 01:25:03 AM »

Hi Felix,

This is from an email where I believe Ray puts it into perspective as to who we pray to.

http://bible-truths.com/email17.htm ---------------------

Jesus Christ HAS A GOD (God the Father). God the Father DOES NOT HAVE A GOD!!! Jesus Christ is and always will be "SUBJECT" to God His Father (I Cor. 15:24-28). No Trinitarian has ever even attempted to reconcile such Scriptures with a trinity theory.

Jesus Christ and His Father ARE ONE! What does that mean? Has God not given us other examples of how two can be ONE? A husband and wife in union ARE ONE, yet they are individuals. The Son is the VISIBLE IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD. That is Scriptural. God manifested HIMSELF to His Creation SONWISE or SONLY. The Son can be seen, the Father CANNOT BE SEEN. John tells us that we will see Jesus AS HE IS. I know of NO Scripture that tells us that we will ever see the Father (do you?). We pray TO the Father IN THE NAME OF Jesus Christ, through the spirit OF God--Both the Father and the Son have the SAME SPIRIT!
--------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 11:47:30 AM »

We should pray to the Father who sits on The Throne through Jesus The Christ who is that mediator for all mankind.

Joh 16:23 And in that day you will not be asking Me anything. "Verily, verily, I am saying to you that whatever you should be requesting the Father, He will be giving it to you in My name

Mat 6:6  But you, when you pray, enter into your room. And shutting your door, pray to your Father in secret; and your Father who sees in secret shall reward you openly.

Joh 14:6 Jesus is saying to him, "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one is coming to the Father except through Me."

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one Mediator of God and mankind, a Man, Christ Jesus,

Joh 14:13 And whatever you should be requesting in My name, this I will be doing, that the Father should be glorified in the Son."
Joh 14:14 If you should ever be requesting anything of Me in My name, this I will be doing.

Php 4:6  Do not be over-anxious about anything, but by prayer and earnest pleading, together with thanksgiving, let your request be unreservedly made known in the presence of God.
Php 4:7  And then the peace of God, which transcends all our powers of thought, will be a garrison to guard your hearts and minds in union with Christ Jesus.

Peace...Mark

eskimojerry

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »

Nicely put, JFK. That seems like my walk. Sometime when I'm addressing our Father, it seems like Jesus is right by (waiting to advocate) and other times Jesus seems so far away...or the other way around. But its constantly happening (praying) in my soul...all day.

lostANDfound

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 11:30:20 AM »

thanks felix for posting this, i've been working my way up to asking the exact same thing.  and thanks marky mark for those verses, the last few were meant for me, today, right now.  other people too i'm sure. 

grapehound

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 11:52:34 AM »

Hi guys,
Really interesting thread.
It seems to me, IMHO, God already knows how and what we pray for, just like the, "Foolishness of preaching".
That being so, I understand that we follow His instruction, not to reveal ourselves to Him, but to reveal ourselves to ourselves !
I see it as His way of showing us who we are.

Hope this helps some.
Sometimes words just aren't enough !

Grape x
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.