bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: We shall see God.  (Read 12801 times)

grapehound

Re: We shall see God.
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 06:35:35 AM »

Hey Ricky,
Hi Bro. Just to reiterate something I posted awhile ago, referring to 'vivid dreams'.
I have different ways of dealing and communicating with my kids. I'm sure God does too !

Much Luv
Grape

daywalker

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 02:39:33 PM »

Hey thanks Bob, I just don't get what is so special about these that can see them everyday or whenever they feel like it, so Bob you do admit that these spirits are there and they can be seen by people except me, not fair. All I need to do is just see a little one just to see if I can be spooked or not :) no big deal then forget about it and life goes on again. :)

Bless you all.   Ricky

Hello Ricky,

Why is it so important that you see spirits? Would it strengthen your faith? How would you use it in your testimony to others (especially to all those like doubting Thomas who need to see to believe and therefore wouldn't believe you anyway)? What good is it to have such an experience other than to use it as a 'boasting tool' and to lift yourself up above those who haven't had an experience? I fully agree with Indianabob:

Be thankful and take it as a good sign that God is being gentle with you

Now, I can't speak for Roland, but I would like to point out that many (not all, but many) people who claim to have seen spirits either (a) in reality, had a very natural experience, but they (perhaps due to lack of scientific knowledge) can't explain it; or (b) are just plain liars.

More important than all of this: How many people in the world have had the blessing of learning the Truths of God? Yet, you have them right here before you, thanks to BT. What more could you desire? Would you rather have the ability to see a thousand spirits, but still be trapped inside Babylon and still be under the delusion that most of the people you know are going to burn in hellfire for all eternity?

Hope this helps.

Daywalker  8)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 03:53:12 PM »

I'm going to parse this carefully and see where it leads.  When I was in the Pentacostal movement I shared a home with our prayer leader.  We would do all the warfare type prayer and would seek to bind the spirits that were causing people to do this, that and the other thing.  One can't cast out the flesh nor counsel a demon and we need discernment to tell which it is.  Well we had a number of unusual experiences that were very real and downright scary.  The more we got into it the more they would come.  You advertise for satan and his demons and sooner or later they will show up and manifest themselves.  I had one experience where I woke up in the middle of the night in the house with an unearthly silence.  I don't know how to explain it other than that.  I was paralyzed in my bed and something jumped on me and made indentations in the bedspread like right out of the exorcist and I felt fingers around my neck choking me.  I wasn't asleep and it was real.  All I could do is rebuke the spirits silently in Jesus name until I could breath again and then I was able to do it out loud.  Until you have had an experience like that you really can't relate.  There have been other times being half asleep and half awake that I have seen demonic faces rushing at me and at this time I was also paralyzed and struggled to wake up and rebuking the spirits.

Now there is such a thing as sleep paralysis and the unconscious mind is a very tricky thing.  One thing that I noticed is that the more that I would engage in those 'warfare' type prayers the more trouble I would have and the more harassed I would be getting from them.  Some of it no doubt was my unconscious mind but that also is fertile ground for the flesh and the powers of darkness.  But at this time I fully believed in the christian 'hell' and all the doctrines of babylon.  All I can say is when I would pay less attention to the demonic type stuff the less that those experiences would occur and as I've grown into the knowledge of the truth I have not had a similar experience for going to several years now. 

This stuff is real but some wear these experiences as a badge so they can boast in their flesh over them.  They think that they are really spiritually advanced because they have had such experiences while their brethren have not.  I can't say I enjoyed them and the more vivid ones were downright terrifying.  And I would add that Jesus wasn't very impressed that his followers could cast out demons and He certainly didn't see that ability as a badge of spirituality either.

Mat 7:22-23  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Ouch!!  One can do all these things and Jesus never said that they didn't prophesy and cast out demons in his name....they did.  But what did it do for them?  They still were not of His elect and they still had to endure their time through the lake of fire.  Those who are involved in these experiences and take pride over them have not even begun to deal with the carnality that is still in them and this I speak from first hand experience.

daywalker

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 06:20:33 PM »

I'm going to parse this carefully and see where it leads.  When I was in the Pentacostal movement I shared a home with our prayer leader.  We would do all the warfare type prayer and would seek to bind the spirits that were causing people to do this, that and the other thing.  One can't cast out the flesh nor counsel a demon and we need discernment to tell which it is.  Well we had a number of unusual experiences that were very real and downright scary.  The more we got into it the more they would come.  You advertise for satan and his demons and sooner or later they will show up and manifest themselves.  I had one experience where I woke up in the middle of the night in the house with an unearthly silence.  I don't know how to explain it other than that.  I was paralyzed in my bed and something jumped on me and made indentations in the bedspread like right out of the exorcist and I felt fingers around my neck choking me.  I wasn't asleep and it was real.  All I could do is rebuke the spirits silently in Jesus name until I could breath again and then I was able to do it out loud.  Until you have had an experience like that you really can't relate.  There have been other times being half asleep and half awake that I have seen demonic faces rushing at me and at this time I was also paralyzed and struggled to wake up and rebuking the spirits.

Now there is such a thing as sleep paralysis and the unconscious mind is a very tricky thing.  One thing that I noticed is that the more that I would engage in those 'warfare' type prayers the more trouble I would have and the more harassed I would be getting from them.  Some of it no doubt was my unconscious mind but that also is fertile ground for the flesh and the powers of darkness.  But at this time I fully believed in the christian 'hell' and all the doctrines of babylon.  All I can say is when I would pay less attention to the demonic type stuff the less that those experiences would occur and as I've grown into the knowledge of the truth I have not had a similar experience for going to several years now. 

This stuff is real but some wear these experiences as a badge so they can boast in their flesh over them.  They think that they are really spiritually advanced because they have had such experiences while their brethren have not.  I can't say I enjoyed them and the more vivid ones were downright terrifying.  And I would add that Jesus wasn't very impressed that his followers could cast out demons and He certainly didn't see that ability as a badge of spirituality either.

Mat 7:22-23  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Ouch!!  One can do all these things and Jesus never said that they didn't prophesy and cast out demons in his name....they did.  But what did it do for them?  They still were not of His elect and they still had to endure their time through the lake of fire.  Those who are involved in these experiences and take pride over them have not even begun to deal with the carnality that is still in them and this I speak from first hand experience.

No doubt! Great testimony, Arion. Thanks for sharing.  :)

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 02:08:16 AM »

Hey Arion, It is not important for me to see spirits, I could care less. I think everyone missed the deal about what I have said. Arion 30 years ago I had a face rush at me as I was falling asleep, this is something that I have never forgotten, but I would not call that a spirit. It was so real that it was scary. I consider it still to be just going into a dream and waking up right away trying to figure out what the H--- it was. So what you said made me think a little, and maybe these spirits arent as funny as I might think they are.
                Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 08:14:07 AM »

I have an old book that publishes some peoples stories about their encounters with miraculous events and occasions. Not that it means much to us here in BT that the book went to the top sellers list of the New York Times. There is spiritual blindness in the world and the blindness is caused by God for His Plan and Purpose. There is thirst too, for the sweetness of the Spirit of our God that is feared, distrusted, despised and unknown.

God causes all our experiences. God authors our circumstances.

If you have seen "spirits" or not, if you have experienced "visions", conversed with angels of God or demons of Satan, all is of God.

Blessings
Arc

G. Driggs

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2010, 08:51:19 AM »

Hi Ricky, thanks to all the brothers and sisters here it seems you got it. I just want to add if I may?

Quote from: daywalker
What good is it to have such an experience other than to use it as a 'boasting tool' and to lift yourself up above those who haven't had an experience?

Quote from: Arion
This stuff is real but some wear these experiences as a badge so they can boast in their flesh over them.  They think that they are really spiritually advanced because they have had such experiences while their brethren have not.  I can't say I enjoyed them and the more vivid ones were downright terrifying.

I could not agree more with these two statements, and I speak from experience too. Been there done that. And when all the bragging and boasting is said and done, and everyone has gone home, it is just like Arion says, "downright terrifying". It is just so not worth it.

It is just like Arc said, all is of God. These verses are more for me than anyone else.

Eze 14:4  Therefore speak to them and say to them, Thus says the Lord God: Every man of the house of Israel who takes his idols [of self-will and unsubmissiveness] into his heart and puts the stumbling block of his iniquity [idols of silver and gold] before his face, and yet comes to the prophet [to inquire of him], I the Lord will answer him, answer him according to the multitude of his idols,
Eze 14:5  That I may lay hold of the house of Israel in the thoughts of their own mind and heart, because they are all estranged from Me through their idols.
Eze 14:6  Therefore say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord God: Repent and turn away from your idols, and turn away your faces from all your abominations.
Eze 14:7  For anyone of the house of Israel or of the strangers who sojourn in Israel who separates himself from Me, taking his idols into his heart and putting the stumbling block of his iniquity and guilt before his face, and [yet] comes to the prophet to inquire for himself of Me, I the Lord will answer him Myself!

2Co 10:3  For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4  (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Co 10:5  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
2Co 10:6  And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Thanks for your questions Ricky, I needed the reminder, not a moment too soon either.

Peace,

G.Driggs

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2010, 09:57:47 AM »

Thank you for the Scriptures G. Driggs. There's a few things I've been struggling with lately and those definitely helped me as well.

G. Driggs

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 10:23:43 AM »

Sure thing Shawn, glad to have helped. :)

G.Driggs
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.