bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RM>7:14-sold under sin.??  (Read 5672 times)

gallenwalsh

RM>7:14-sold under sin.??
« on: October 05, 2010, 07:17:41 PM »

The law is spiritual, but I am not, sold under sin as it's slave. Just looking for some clarification on this subject of being sold. I was unable to find anything specific written by Ray on the subject. However as I understand things so far, the human race was sold by our creator when he exposed us to Satan and the taking of the tree of the knowledge between good and evil.He could have stepped in and prevented it, but that was part of the master plan all along ?Christ being "The Merchant" he sold us then bought us back with the sacrifice of his own body ? I realize Man sinned of his own accord because of the desires within, but do I understand correctly it was Christ who sold us  not Adam as churchianity proclaims ? All is going as planned, God wants us to know good and evil , however the experience leaves one corrupted and unfit for the Kingdom ? The lake of fire of God's judgment straightens out what has been made crooked ?

mharrell08

Re: RM>7:14-sold under sin.??
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 08:28:25 PM »

The law is spiritual, but I am not, sold under sin as it's slave. Just looking for some clarification on this subject of being sold. I was unable to find anything specific written by Ray on the subject. However as I understand things so far, the human race was sold by our creator when he exposed us to Satan and the taking of the tree of the knowledge between good and evil.He could have stepped in and prevented it, but that was part of the master plan all along ?Christ being "The Merchant" he sold us then bought us back with the sacrifice of his own body ? I realize Man sinned of his own accord because of the desires within, but do I understand correctly it was Christ who sold us  not Adam as churchianity proclaims ? All is going as planned, God wants us to know good and evil , however the experience leaves one corrupted and unfit for the Kingdom ? The lake of fire of God's judgment straightens out what has been made crooked ?

Ezek 18:4  Behold, all souls are Mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is Mine

I'm sorry Gallenwalsh, but your question is based on a false pretense. No one was or will ever be sold to Satan.

Paul uses the metaphor 'sold under sin' to describe one who is entirely under the control of the love of sinning.

The Scriptures are full of metaphors, it is the only way to understand them. That's why Ray began his LOF series with an explanation of the usage of biblical metaphors. That's what it means to have spiritual discernment...the ability to understand the metaphors to gain wisdom.

Hope that helps,

Marques

Kat

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 08:50:40 PM »

Hi Gallenwalsh,

I realize Man sinned of his own accord because of the desires within, but do I understand correctly it was Christ who sold us  not Adam as churchianity proclaims ?

Rom 7:14  For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.

I think what Paul is saying here is by our very carnal/beast nature we all are "sold under sin," that is enslaved to it.

John 8:34  Jesus answered them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin.

We were created to weak to resist sin, so from the beginning we all are subject/sold enslaved to sin. Adam was the first man to sin, because it was his nature to do so and all mankind have followed suit and sinned as well.

Rom 5:12  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned--

Rom 3:23  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

We are just too spiritually weak to resist sin and God takes responsibility for that and will redeem each and every one of us.

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D4.htm --------------------

"In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace... Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory" (Eph. 1:7 & 14).

Strong's #629 apolutrosis, "ransom in full, (specifically) Christian salvation, deliverance, redemption." As sinners we are slaves to sin, and Jesus buys our freedom, our deliverance from sin, which deliverance when completed brings salvation. Ask any slave who has been freed whether there is not a gigantic change from slavery to freedom. Jesus sets us free and ultimately saves us.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

gallenwalsh

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 12:09:29 AM »

Yes it does help, very much, Thanks !

markn902

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 02:02:09 AM »

churchianity
I don't have an answer but I love that term "churchianity"
thats awesome I am going to call it that from now on (when I'm not calling it babylon)
thanks

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:18:09 PM by markn902 »

grapehound

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 06:41:18 AM »

Hey Mark902,

Awesome artwork!
Made my day !

Thanks
Grape

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 09:02:28 AM »

Hey Gallenwalsh,

To add another witness to the beautiful edification inspired through Kat, 8)

Rom 8:20  For the creation was not willingly subjected to vanity, but because of Him who subjected it on hope
Rom 8:24  For we are saved by hope. But hope that is seen is not hope; for what anyone sees, why does he also hope for it?
Rom 8:25  But if we hope for that which we do not see, then we wait for it with patience.

….and yes, markn902….that stunning art work, at first glance, appeared to me to be a LOF! :)

Blessings
Arc

grapehound

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 06:09:49 PM »

Hey Mark902,
Could you let me know how you made that 'blazing' font?
Maybe a PM?

Thank again bro, it's awesome!

Grape

markn902

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 09:12:21 PM »

Yes I sure will I will make a post in off topic discussions so that everyone can read it.  :)

grapehound

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 11:58:57 PM »

Excellent !
Thanks Mark you're a star!

Every Blessing
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.