bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Honorary BT Forum Member  (Read 7929 times)

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Honorary BT Forum Member
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:13:42 PM »

Can we propose that someone be granted an honorary membership in the Forum?

I was just reading a story in the New York Times.  A museum in Loveland, Colorado had a print depicting an obscene picture of Jesus.  A 56 year old woman truck driver from Montana, with a T shirt that said, "My Saviour Is Tougher Than Nails", took a crowbar, broke the plexiglass case containing the obscene print, and then tore the print up before the police arrested her.

Makes you proud to be an American.  That woman is tougher than most men I know.  Kinda reminds you of the time when Jesus made a whip and drove the money changers out of the Temple.

We have some pretty tough and strong women as members of the Forum.  This lady would fit right in.  She showed a lot of spunk.  I would like to propose her as an honorary member of the Forum.

Samson

Re: Honorary BT Forum Member
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 11:05:35 PM »

I was just reading a story in the New York Times.  A museum in Loveland, Colorado had a print depicting an obscene picture of Jesus.  A 56 year old woman truck driver from Montana, with a T shirt that said, "My Saviour Is Tougher Than Nails", took a crowbar, broke the plexiglass case containing the obscene print, and then tore the print up before the police arrested her.

Makes you proud to be an American.  That woman is tougher than most men I know.  Kinda reminds you of the time when Jesus made a whip and drove the money changers out of the Temple.

We have some pretty tough and strong women as members of the Forum.  This lady would fit right in.  She showed a lot of spunk.  I would like to propose her as an honorary member of the Forum.

John,

To the Woman Truck Driver, I say this: Romans. 12:7-12(Vengeance is mine, says the Lord, I will repay) AND to the Obscene Poster Of Jesus I say this: Romans. 14:10-12, specifically verse 12(Each one will render an account for Himself to God). See Matthew. 12:35-37( Every Unprofitable saying will be accountable to God on Judgment Day).  Jesus is certainly capable of taking care of business in regards to that Obscene Jester. He(Obscene Poster) won't get away with it, so to speak, as none of Us get away with obscene thoughts, words and actions. It satisfies me to know that !

Kind Regards, Samson.

grapehound

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 11:44:37 PM »

Amen Samson.

Where do we stop when being offended, murder?
It takes 'guts' to give the pain of the offence to God.

Grape
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:50:04 PM by grapehound »

grapehound

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 11:56:10 PM »

I get your point John.
Perhaps you should've thrown a couple of these  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
on the tag ?  ;D

Samson

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 11:57:54 PM »

I was just reading a story in the New York Times.  A museum in Loveland, Colorado had a print depicting an obscene picture of Jesus.  A 56 year old woman truck driver from Montana, with a T shirt that said, "My Saviour Is Tougher Than Nails", took a crowbar, broke the plexiglass case containing the obscene print, and then tore the print up before the police arrested her.

Makes you proud to be an American.  That woman is tougher than most men I know.  Kinda reminds you of the time when Jesus made a whip and drove the money changers out of the Temple.

We have some pretty tough and strong women as members of the Forum.  This lady would fit right in.  She showed a lot of spunk.  I would like to propose her as an honorary member of the Forum.

John,

To the Woman Truck Driver, I say this: Romans. 12:7-12(Vengeance is mine, says the Lord, I will repay) AND to the Obscene Poster Of Jesus I say this: Romans. 14:10-12, specifically verse 12(Each one will render an account for Himself to God). See Matthew. 12:35-37( Every Unprofitable saying will be accountable to God on Judgment Day).  Jesus is certainly capable of taking care of business in regards to that Obscene Jester. He(Obscene Poster) won't get away with it, so to speak, as none of Us get away with obscene thoughts, words and actions. It satisfies me to know that !

Kind Regards, Samson.

Lighten up Samson.  That is why I posted here.  Lighthearted banter?  Get it?  You have a wife, I don't.  I thought if we could make her an honorary member, I might have a chance with this lady, if she is unmarried of course, since we cannot be unequally yoked (or yolked ie. not scrambled) with unbelievers.

A single man would have to at least consider a marriage proposal to a woman of this caliber.

True John, You might have a chance, but it might end up being more than You bargained for in a Woman,  ;D. Her toughness as nails might be Your undoing,  ;).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:31:37 AM by Samson »

grapehound

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 12:08:07 AM »

OK John, Truce!  ;D

BTW  We get jailed in Britain for owning weapons.

Luv

Grape x

Samson

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 01:11:21 AM »

Hey Janine,

In regards to losing Your memory, at least you still have one,  ;D. My Wife doesn't seem to even have a memory. I have a dual responsibility, remembering for myself and Her, that's quite a challenge, hope I don't eventually get Dementia,  ;). As I've often stated: Women only remember what you wish they'd forget,  ;).

Carry On, Samson.

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 02:54:39 AM »

For those interested in the angry woman's attack on a comic strip,
Here is a link to a news photo of the damage done to the display case
and the art work. It resembles a Picasso of yesteryear in my opinion.

http://www.sharksink.com/printview.asp?printid=493&artists=15

Personally, I don't think her faith could be very strong if this bothered her enough
to lead to such an over reaction and poor example of what Jesus' love and forgiveness
is really like.

Bob

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 03:59:09 AM »

in honor of the "light-hearted banter" portion of this section, i would say that the lady with the crowbar sounds like our member longhorn's kind of woman john.  :D ;)  thanks for the laugh.

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 07:19:08 AM »

God given insight abounding Grape….”when do you stop being offended”  ~ an excellent question! …Be afraid…be very afraid! :D ;D :) …. It is like one of those three dimensional puzzle pictures 8) :D :o 8) …spot God… :o can you see God  :D ;D in the third dimension  :o now there is a forth one too!....behind the two dimensions? Gotcha :D no mass weapons of destruction required  8) ;D…. only we realize God caused a museum in Loveland, Colorado to publicize a print depicting an obscene picture of Jesus….God caused a 56 year old woman truck driver from Montana, with a T shirt that said, "My Saviour Is Tougher Than Nails", to take a crowbar, and break the plexiglass and God caused the Police to arrest her! They can not arrest God...He is not even a suspect! There's a cover up here! :D :D Where's the Mafia? Who dun it!! :D ;D

A pretty neat exercise John! 8)

Now all we have to do is apply the same to the near sighted dimensions of our lives :D :)…when God gets under our skin, irritates our senses and challenges our conclusions!!...Love and affection, love and affection, it works every time! :D ;D

It reminds me of the time a person went and bashed and battered the famous Mother and Christ Michael Angelo marble statue in the Vatican! :o :o...that was a real humdinger idol bashing exercise! :D ;) :) NOT GUILTY! :D :)

Arc
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 07:24:26 AM by Arcturus »

grapehound

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 08:57:15 AM »

Hey Arc, you nailed it again! I walked right into it !  ;D ;D ;D

You know, I felt awful for not seeing the humour at first!
Have you heard the parable/shadow of "rats in the cellar" ?
I think that's what happened !
I love the 'Mafia' tag! ROFL   ;D

Blessings

Grape

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 09:06:43 AM »

That's really funny Grape... ;D :D :)...you of all people  :D :) You have the corner on British whit...I love the British dry sense of humor!!...not the placard "laugh now" shows that leave you out as you sit wondering what's so funny lol  ;D :D :)..not getting it...that's hilarious!! Good one! 8) Usually that's me!...Samson, you and I and Grape better stick together bro! ;D :D

Being able to laugh at yourself and even go as far as to admit you tripped and laugh at the fall...that's too lovely! 8) ;D

....rats in the cellar...nope...no clue what that is yet I do enjoy the BBC funny shows....sometimes...even the humor can be seen to be the thin veil over what is quite  serious! 8) :D :)

Blessings
Arc
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 09:15:06 AM by Arcturus »

musicman

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 12:07:11 PM »

Lighten up Samson.  That is why I posted here.  Lighthearted banter?  Get it?  You have a wife, I don't.  I thought if we could make her an honorary member, I might have a chance with this lady, if she is unmarried of course, since we cannot be unequally yoked (or yolked ie. not scrambled) with unbelievers.

A single man would have to at least consider a marriage proposal to a woman of this caliber.

Watch it buddy, that's my wife!!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:37:46 PM by musicman »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 12:34:19 PM »

in honor of the "light-hearted banter" portion of this section, i would say that the lady with the crowbar sounds like our member longhorn's kind of woman john.  :D ;)  thanks for the laugh.

claudia

Oooops MM :D ;D 8) ;D :D You've got competition!!  Hey....calling Longhorn...where are you buddy? ;D :D ;) :)

Time to head for the hills claudia!! :D ZIINGGGG....ZOOOMMMM....puff..gone! :D

Blessings
Arc
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:36:44 PM by Arcturus »

musicman

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 12:40:44 PM »

No seriously, the trucker chick is my wife.  The other day I made an illadvised remark about her cooking.  I said, "gee honey, with your cooking we should pray after we eat".  She gave me the worst indian burn ever and scratched me with her arm hairs.

grapehound

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 04:01:07 PM »

Hey Arc,
I posted that 'Rat's in the cellar' on the Child board (Inspirationals)

Muchest Luv

Grape

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 04:47:29 PM »

Great! 8)

On my way...carrying a parcel courtesy through our Johan (John of Kentucky)...God willing, to be posted as Hey Johan.... :D :)

Blessings

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.