bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 john 2:15-17  (Read 13900 times)

jingle52

Re: 1 john 2:15-17
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 11:10:19 AM »

I thoroughly enjoyed this thread and the contributions made by all. What a blessing to learn from all of you, thank you.
God's Blessings

margo

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 12:21:17 PM »

I agree this thread and the others is such a blessing from God.  I am fed here!

servias

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 07:51:08 PM »

Thank you all, you gave me another couple weeks of studying, and searching...haha. This is what I like about you guys, serious questions are given serious answers and direction, unlike any other place! 
Dan

grapehound

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 07:52:17 PM »

Amen Dan!
Good hunting!

Grape

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2010, 09:54:38 PM »

Hi Dan,
God asked me a number of years ago, "What have you done for others"?
I had to admit, not very much. :-[

Joel

grapehound

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 07:03:18 PM »

Dear humble sister Janine,
I beg to differ. I thought you gave a most thoughtful and measured response to Dan's question.
I thought you related your relationship with Our Father in a most mature and inspiring manner.

I was meditating a couple of days ago and my thoughts were anchored on His love for us all; especially how He had worked this wonderful meeting place together through the meeting of Ray and Dennis.  Ray had the 'goods' and Dennis had the 'vehicle', and off to market they were sent to fill His stalls with the merchandise that could be "bought without money". And here we all are gathered. "buying without money."

A further parallel was given, related to nourishment. Carnally, most of us don't just stuff our mouths with any old thing just because it's edible!  God has seen fit to provide us with taste buds.  We select a nourishing meal by the tastes and the appeal of the eye.
Consider a bowl of soup, let's say. Nice simple metaphor. How do you think your family or guests would react to being served up with shredded chicken boiled in salt water?
Well, it's a soup isn't it?  Well yeah mom but their taste buds would convey that it's not just the nutrition that makes it wholesome!  There's supposed to be a delicious variety in that bowl that smells wonderful, that tastes delicious and that even when it's being prepared, gives of an aroma that gets the gastric juices flowing long before the spoon even touches the lips; and the flavours are wonderful.

What's chicken soup got to do with anything?

Well we all sit at this Royal table to be fed,without money! and we understand that the King would not disappoint our palates.
It's the mixture of textures and flavours, the sweet and the spices and the savoury that edify and leave us with a memorable aftertaste that stays in our minds for days or even longer. We all of us remember our favourite meals here, and those experiences wouldn't be possible without the broad spectrum of flavours that He serves to us through the individual merits of every viewpoint.

Remorseful for enhancing the flavour of a main course ? Dear sister, He caused you to sprinkle your particular spices into the broth.!

Woe the day when one of us comments, " You know, there's something lacking in this soup..... Oh! I know what it is! It needs a little more Janine in it!  ;D

Hope this helps
Every blessing, tuck in!

Grape x

servias

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2010, 10:45:38 PM »

Janine, no offense here.  The spice made it just right!  (very thoughtful Grape)

servias

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 10:18:18 PM »

Thanks Zee, Finally got around to reading this.  Just what I needed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.