bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The True Church  (Read 4415 times)

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The True Church
« on: October 13, 2010, 10:49:42 PM »

I read again the story below, which is on the first page of the website.  I offer it as a little touch of humor for today.  ;D

Ray

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said, "Stop! Don't do it!"

"Why shouldn't I?" he said.

I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"

He said, "Like what?"

I said, "Well...are you religious or atheist?"

He said, "Religious."

I said, "Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?"

He said, "Christian."

I said, "Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

He said, "Protestant."

I said, "Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

He said, "Baptist!"

I said, "Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

He said, "Baptist Church of God!"

I said, "Me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God!"

I said, "Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?"

He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!"

I said, "Die, heretic scum!" and pushed him off.

[This email does not reflect the beliefs or teachings of bible-truths.com, but is posted to humorously show how the smallest differences in religious beliefs can anger some people.]

Deborah-Leigh

Re: The True Church
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 05:39:46 AM »

A most inspiring, timely and edifying contribution John.  8)

At some point, those who are being called to a very lonely and rejected walk with Christ, have just got to experience that when casting  pearls before swine, the sometimes most swift upshot is to get shoved off that bridge, feelings and all!  :o You can have common ground with someone, up to a point until the cross road, and the cross road may come....God willing.   After that, the forked tongued heretic will realize that they don’t love you, they despise you, as you turn down the road less travelled. How swiftly hate can appear behind the mask of seeming good will and appeasing sentimentality of the all too human cameraderie of the carnal nature. As the excerpt you have posted shows us, the hate is immediate and focused. How many knives have you got in your back? :D :)

As Ray has expounded too, that by the time you see the wolf’s teeth, it is usually too late!  :o Such is the swiftness of cuddly soft fur changing into ravenous teeth!  :o :) We can thank God that He appoints those who will endure in perseverance for a much greater reward than human associations can bring us wrapped in mortal promissory notes and furry lined cuddles! As brought out in another Thread, Ray says, we do not know who belongs to the Lord  and I believe that not knowing is part of the process of our Lord purging into us a single minded dependence for everything from HIM ..Ref :

John 10:14  I am the good shepherd; and I know mine own…

Well what does that mean?  Christ knows those that are His.  I get from that, that we don’t know, we don’t.

Ref L Ray Smith : CAN WE LOSE GOD’S SPIRIT AND EONIAN LIFE?[/i]~ but we do know this… 8) :) 8)

Mat 10:22  And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Isa 66:5  Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at His Word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for My Name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but He shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

THEY SPEAK WITH FORKED TONGUE
Most all Christian theologians would claim to believe the first statement of Scriptural Truth that I present below, especially when I cite a Scripture verse with it, but they will then contradict and refuse to teach the second statement of Truth. Here are a few examples:
•   Do they believe the fire in I Cor.3:15 burns mans’ works, but not the man himself? Yes.

But do they teach that this same fire in Rev.20:15 also burns works, not the man? No.
•   Do they believe that God is the Creator of ALL? Yes.

But do they teach that God created EVIL as He says in (Isa. 45:7)? No.
•   Do they believe that God is absolutely and totally sovereign (Eph. 1:11)? Yes.

But do they teach that God exercises sovereignty over man’s supposed "free" will? No.
•   Do they believe that Jesus Christ IS the Saviour of the whole world (I Jn 4:14)? Yes.

But do they teach that Jesus Christ will SAVE the whole world? No.
•   Do they believe that presently Christ only has immortality (I Tim. 6:16)? Yes.

But do they teach the truth therefore that men’s souls are mortal and not immortal? No.
•   Do they believe that the original manuscripts of God’s Word were inerrant? Yes.

But do they teach us that the King James translation, which they say is "inerrant" has gone through THOUSANDS of error corrections since 1611? No.
•   Do they believe that the soul that sins shall DIE (Ezek. 18:4)? Yes.

But do they teach that souls of deceased sinners are actually DEAD? No.
•   Do they believe there are many cults today that need exposing? Yes.

But do they teach that Christendom, by its OWN definitions, is also a cult? No.
•   Do they believe that Sodom is "suffering the vengeance of eternal [aeonian] fire? Yes.

But do they teach that Sodom will be restored to their former estate (Ezek. 16:55)? No.
•   Do they believe in a future resurrection of dead people back to life (John 5:29)? Yes.

But do they teach that a resurrection is imperative for dead people to live again? No.
•   Do they believe the first half of I Cor. 15:22 that "For as in Adam ALL die?" Yes.

But do they teach the last half, "even so in Christ shall ALL be made alive?" No.
•   Do they believe that "...the end of the world [Gk: aion -- age]" ends in Mat. 24:3? Yes.

But do they teach that this same "aion -- age" in Matt. 25:41 & 46 will also end. No.
•   Do they believe that Jn 3:13 & Acts 2:34 are truthful Scripture (II Tim. 3:16)? Yes.

But do they teach this truth that "NO man," including David, has gone to heaven? No.
•   Do they believe ALL God purposed, spoke, and willed (Isa. 46:10-11), He will do? Yes.

But do they teach that God’s "will" to save all, I Tim. 2:4, etc., will be done? No.
•   Do they believe that Satan lied when he told Eve, "thou shalt not surely die?" Yes.

But do they teach the truth that sinners really do DIE at death as God has stated? No.
•   Do they believe that the Apocryphal books do not belong in the Bible? Yes.

But do they teach us that the 1611 so-called "inerrant" King James Bible contained fourteen such books, including "Tobit," "Judith," "The idol Bel and the Dragon"? No.
•   Do they believe that Christ is totally responsibility for our salvation? Yes.

But do they teach that "no man can" come to Christ of himself (John 6:44)? No.
•   Do they believe that Satan is the greatest sinner of all? Yes.

But do they teach Jn. 8:44 which states that Satan "sinned from the beginning?" No.
•   Do they believe Christ really died for the sins of the world? Yes.

But do they teach that Jesus Christ was dead when they placed Him in the tomb? No.
•   Do they believe the many Scriptures that liken death to "sleep?" Yes.

But do they teach that dead people are unconscious, "sleeping" till resurrection? No.
•   Do they believe that the last enemy to be destroyed [Gk: abolished] is death? Yes.

But do they teach that ALL death, including the second death, will be abolished? No.
•   Do they believe that all things are possible with God (Mark 10:27)? Yes.

But do they teach that it is possible for God to save nonbelievers after they die? No.
•   Do they believe that every tongue in heaven and earth will confess Jesus as LORD? Yes.

But do they teach that the Holy Spirit inspires this sincere voluntary act (I Cor. 12:3)? No.
•   Do they believe that good and evil are both in the same tree of knowledge? Yes

But do they teach that good and evil both come from the same root source? No.
•   Do they believe that God absolutely "knows all" (I John 3:20)? Yes.

But do they teach that God knows in advance ALL who will reject Christ? No.
•   Do they believe that God’s love will never fail (I Cor. 13:8)? Yes.

But do they teach that God’s love will never fail in saving the world He loves? No.
•   Do they believe the apostles spoke in foreign languages in Acts 2:4-11? Yes.

But do they teach that of the hundreds of thousands who claim to speak in tongues today, not one of them can speak in multiple languages which they did not already study? No.
•   Do they believe that the masses did not understand Christ’s parables (Mat. 13:13)? Yes.

But do they teach that Christ purposely didn’t want them to understand, (Vs. 14-17)? No.
•   Do they believe the Old Covenant contained the Ten Commandments (Deut.4:12)? Yes.

But do they teach a New Covenant which contains a much higher law (Heb. 8:8-9)? No.
•   Do they believe that God created all the spirits and messengers of heaven? Yes.

But do they teach that God also created Satan who was always His adversary? No.
•   Do they believe that loving our enemies means doing good and not evil to them? Yes.

But do they teach that God will never subject His enemies to eternal torture and evil? No.
There seems to be no end to the Scriptural contradictions of Christian beliefs. But we can learn from their mistakes. It is good for us that God makes us dig deep for the precious gems of His word. It really is like searching for hidden treasure. And I have never found a hidden treasure in God’s Word that has disappointed me. Each new discovery brings more appreciation for God and His plan of salvation for all.
LOF Part 2

Arc

grapehound

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 06:45:16 AM »

Wow Arc, what a neat reply!  :)

John, what can I say?  :-\
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
ROFL !!!!!
Thanks my lovely Bro! (grape, wiping his eyes) Oh! That's just tooo funny after our last exchange! (You understand)
I can't stop laughing !! ;D ;D ;D
No amount of smileys would have helped ya there, Bro!  ???
I'm gonna have to splash my face with cold water!
(I suggest you do the same !)

Tee, hee, hee. I'm gonna have the giggles all day over that one!
Blessings Brother, you rock!
Doesn't God have a rare wit?
Too much! Too much! I'm getting a 'stitch' !

(Grape walks into the sunset with a towel over his head)

Thanks John. Absolutely priceless !!!
I wonder when Samson's gonna show up?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 01:41:35 PM by grapehound »

Samson

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 10:43:06 AM »

Grapehound,

Samson has shown up,  ;). Now that's my kind of Humor. It's funny, but seriously true in one. It's absolutely amazing how a Denomination has a start and develops so many off shoots that break away from that original group and people call bible Truth members a cult, Ha, if they only knew.

I can remember reading in the early 1980's that according to a Gallop Poll, there were 63 Schisms of Christianity by the end of the Second Century C.E. You can give people a piece of wood and they might start a Religion from it. Great Post John !

Kind Regards, Samson.

grapehound

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 01:39:28 PM »

That's quite a stat Samson ! 63 in less than two centuries, wow!

As for the last sentence, be very careful you don't offend "The Tabernacle of the All Seeing Eye of the Knotty Pine" any one of 'em could be Called Out and arrive here, all tooled up. Then we'd have our hands full!  ;D

Nice comment bro,

Blessings

Grape

gmik

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 07:56:24 PM »

;D ;D Glad you brought that back up!  Hilarious and so true.

Deb-thanks for that review...i needed it...anything I reread from Ray still refreshes my soul!

Hey, did you hear about all the people that had to sneak around up in heaven when they went by a certain palace??  Yeah the Baptists thought they were the only ones up there!  <insert any denom.>   ~and I think I messed up the joke~~  oh well...I am going to print out Arcs post as my penance!!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 05:17:24 AM »

Hey G. "Penance" is a man made doctrine of demons. :D :) :o Repentance that comes from the goodness of your God and mine, that’s Grace in action!...as a verb ( a doing word…God’s doing Work)  not a noun (unmerited gift that God's Grace is too!) 8) ROFL.... :)

That pic of the twins sure brings a smile to my face!...That's why you had to re-send.... :D :)....

x

Blessings
Arc
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 05:25:24 AM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.