bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The family..  (Read 8488 times)

santikos

The family..
« on: October 14, 2010, 01:17:14 PM »

I was listening to the babalonian radio station and i hear one of their "greats" speak. It was "Dr" RC Sproul. He went on quoting and confirming another of their greats Johnathan Edwards. Sproul just kept spewing how hell was so real. i just smiled and listened and really thought how God has really chosen the foolish things of this world. I have my PHD (Public Highschool Diploma  ;D) and i must say it is a great thing to be a fool for God.  I got to praying and i really had to give thanks to my God for retired roofers. I am so grateful for Ray and all of you on here who edify the body.

I see everyone on here as family. I got to thinking and thought who you would all be like and this is what i came up with.
Kat is the mom who tells you how it is and you better understand.
Samson is the uncle who will lend you his tools but you better give them back.
Janine is the Aunt who makes sure that the peace is maintained in the family by PMing behind the scenes.
Arc is the wise aunt who amazes you everytime she opens her mouth.
musicman is the cousin who will always get you in trouble. 
grapehound is the cool second uncle that you like better than the first because he has charisma.
daywalker is the one that always hangs with musicman and gets in trouble together.  8) 8)
dave in tenn is the uncle who hates bailing out musicman and daywalker when they are in trouble. >:(
Dennis is the third uncle who is rich and everyone is waiting to be on his will. :o
one of you is the person who has not returned samsons electric drill
Ray is.....well.... the retired roofer who has showed me how to see you all as my family.

May God bless retired roofers, and the Family.

grapehound

Re: The family..
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 02:01:36 PM »

And Santikos is ?

Maybe we could have a silly comp to come up with 'who Santikos is?'
That's a great post Brother, I'm 'chuffed' to be on the list!
Charismatic uncle eh? Well we'll all have to read your back posts and get a handle on ya!
Amen, "Thank God for retired roofers."

Y'know that would make a great bumper sticker!  ;D

Blessings Bro

Grape

santikos

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 03:02:53 PM »

I am the one who  does not know when to leave when i am invited over.

grapehound

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »

;D ;D ;D

santikos

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 05:17:57 PM »

now where do you think moises and longhorn fit in?

grapehound

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 05:33:05 PM »

Aw come on Bro that's such an unfair question.  ;D ;D

grapehound

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 08:01:04 PM »

Moises is the adventurer cousin, the mysterious traveller that goes through 'hell and high water' to reach his destinations, sending postcards from distant and exotic places with mouthwatering insights from his trials and predicaments. He disappears inexplicably in a moment, then mails us from an unknown village in the heart of a tropical jungle and the next day appears from out of the fog on London Bridge and we're all thrilled to see him. He's the homecoming hero. If he was a suitcase, you wouldn't be able to make him out for all the labels!

;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 08:34:57 PM by grapehound »

grapehound

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 08:16:50 PM »

Longhorn, is the cool dude eldest brother that spends his time in the attic, figuring out the definitive answers to all our most perplexing questions of life. He's the one you can rely on to give a profound reply to the most insane enquiry.
Like 'How do you eat a doughnut covered in ants?' and 'Where is the best place to exude your aromas in a convenience store?'
His room is the only place you can hide when mom and dad think you've gone too far. He's the one that should know better, but we love him 'cos he "gets it".

Waddya say Santi ?  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 04:41:46 PM by grapehound »

santikos

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 04:56:10 PM »

i would have never been able to nail it down as well as you just did. what a reputation some of these family members must keep. i would not even be able to hold a candle to them. ;D

grapehound

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 06:15:45 PM »

Amen Santi, me neither!
Anymore?  ;D ;D

chav

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 09:34:22 AM »

Hey Grape
as you know Moises is with us at the moment.I would hardly describe Bournemouth as being exotic  ;D
Dave

grapehound

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 09:38:23 AM »

Ha ha!
Hey Dave, you're forgetting I lived there in the 70's !
What was Moises reaction to his thumbnail ?

Grape
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 04:45:03 PM by grapehound »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 12:26:12 PM »

there is more people,, out there, whom know, and care and are looking for answers as well

I am seeing that also Moises. It appears to me that there are a few out there who are "salted with fire"... :D :)

Blessings
Arc

grapehound

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 12:35:39 PM »

Good to hear from you Moises!
Perhaps if I ring Dave you may still be there. Let me know if that's OK.
I had to use 'comic license' in your sketch! I couldn't resist it!

Love You Brother, talk soon, God willing.

Grape

Marky Mark

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »

Hi John.

Who and where are these people?
The who and the where has been happening since the Day of Pentecost for 2000 plus years.When The Father wills,His will,will be done. Salt and light do not make noise.

Who has taught them?

Isa 54:13  And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets: And they shall all be taught of God. Everyone, then, who hears from the Father and is learning the truth, is coming to Me."

Mat 11:27  "All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one fully knows the Son except the Father, nor does any one fully know the Father except the Son and all to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him.

Gal 1:12 For neither did I accept it from a man, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ."

Mat 16:17 Now, answering, Jesus said to him, "Happy are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood does not reveal it to you, but My Father Who is in the heavens."

Peace...Mark

grapehound

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 09:10:38 PM »

Thanks Mark.
I've only just noticed your signature box 2 Peter 3:16.
That's an absolute nugget.

Peace

Grape

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 08:07:48 AM »

Hey John

Rom 11:3  Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4  But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

Blessings brother

Arc

G. Driggs

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 07:35:17 PM »

My grandmother was the first to tell me that all would be saved, and she was the first to tell me about the absolute sovereignty of God. This was over 20 years ago. None of it registered until I began reading Ray's papers. It is interesting it was because of my grandmother I began my search of the truth. I often wonder who was the vessel that God chose to show her these things, or maybe God simply caused her to believe what she was reading, cause she was always reading her bible and praying. She used to go to church, but abruptly quit one day. I still wonder why she quit, I wonder what happened, I suspect some Babylonian gave her hell. Maybe this is off topic, and maybe most would not believe this, (but I dont care, I just need to share) before she died she passed out while sitting at the table in front of me and my wife, hitting her head something hard against the table. When she awoke a few minutes later she stormed to her room and did not say a word. Later she told us she had a vision of two angels that came to her and said some things, one of which was that it was not her time to die. A month later she died. She had been through a lot in her 77 years, I think more than most could possibly bare, but she never ceased thanking God and praising Him no matter how bad it got.

So yeah there are others out there who believe what we believe, but this place is unique in that God has brought people from all over the world together. Not sure how often this has happened since man has been here, but it cant be all that often. Knowledge has been increased through Ray by God. I would dare say that not too many at this time knows as much as he does, and many all over the world are being called because of it. 

Vangie

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 08:43:18 PM »

Great post George.  Thanks very much for sharing-your grandmother was an enlightened one for sure.  I agree too with your thoughts about the uniqueness of this forum, and am thoroughly thankful that God led me here.  It is a very special place we've been privy to find by the grace of God.

Vangie

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 05:34:36 AM »

I also enjoyed meeting your Grandmother through your introduction to us,of her, G.Driggs! Thank you!

My Mother too, was very special.  :) She often reminds me of perhaps Timothy's mother who Paul acknowldeged.

2Ti 1:5  When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.

Hey G.Driggs, I think we are among others here who may also realise the seed faith in either one or both of our parents or grandparents, was planted there to be gifted to us to enjoy and prosper in and through our Lord!

Isa 61:9  And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed. We ARE blessed!

Arc
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.