bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Love is the answer?  (Read 6607 times)

YellowStone

Love is the answer?
« on: July 04, 2006, 10:59:01 AM »

I have been giving this a lot of thought of late, and perhaps now is a good time to share.

The greatest commandments ever given were given by Christ himself, and they were both about love. Love is not complicated, nor is it prideful. Love is joyous, happy and carring; it is not prideful nor spiteful. Peter instructed us on how to greet one another:

1Pe 5:14
  • Greet ye one another with a kiss of charity. Peace [be] with you all that are in Christ Jesus. Amen.

Kind of say's it all doesn't it? :) I can never get passed "keep it simple silly" whenever I see the word kiss. Pride must be the enemy of love, though I cannot find a scripture to support that claim. Am I wrong in stating that the Scriptures a full of simple truths. Gosh, the simplest truth I ever learned came from Ray when he said: Jesus is Jehovah of the OT.

Knock me down and pick me back up. Of course!!!!  I had read pages and books and listened to endless sermons teaching me how Jesus was the son of Jehovah; but, not once was it as simple as this one truth. I know I am getting side tracked here; I want to say that I really feel part of something special in this forum. I have learned so much from so many of you and both my wife and son has seen the change in me.

My prayer is that this forum continues and is filled with love for the truth and for one another. It is my belief that first comes love and then comes understanding. For without love what use is anything. Let's come together and learn, guiding one another with love. Airy-Fairy? Who cares!  :)

Eph 3:19
  • And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Any body with me on this? I would love to know.

With Love,
YellowStone

Chris R

Re: Love is the answer?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 12:01:29 PM »

Hello, Bobby and yellowstone.

I couldnt agree more with your posts, Although we are a cautious people, we have been lied to most of our lives, while i agree there is much yet for us to discover together, I know that we should "try the spirits" So that the things said  on this forum be tuthful.

Sometimes answers to questions can be confused as attacks, this is not so. we must also entreat with sound doctrine...this is what EXPOSES those that contradict.

Thankyou both for sharing

Chris R

orion77

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 02:42:48 PM »

Absolutely, Yellowstone.  I agree wholeheartedly.  The plan of God bringing about many sons and daughters through being created in His image is all about love.  God is love.  Noone can argue with that.  But, don't take my word on it.

(Luk 6:26)  Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for their fathers did according to these things to the false prophets.

(Luk 6:27)  But I say to you, Those hearing: Love the ones hostile to you, do good to those hating you,

(Luk 6:28)  bless those cursing you and pray for those insulting you.

(Luk 6:29)  To those striking you on the cheek, turn the other also. And from those taking your garment, do not keep back the tunic also.

(Luk 6:30)  And to everyone asking you, give. And do not ask back from those taking your things.

(Luk 6:31)  And according as you desire that men should do to you, you also do the same to them.

(Luk 6:32)  And if you love those who love you, what thanks is there to you? For even sinners love those who love them.

(Luk 6:33)  And if you do good to those who do good to you, what thanks is there to you? For even the sinners do the same.

(Luk 6:34)  And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what thanks is there to you? For the sinners lend to sinners so that they may receive the equal things.

(Luk 6:35)  But love the ones hostile to you, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be much; and you will be sons of the Most High, for He is kind to the unthankful and evil ones.

(Luk 6:36)  Therefore, be merciful, even as your Father also is merciful.

(Luk 6:37)  Judge not, and in no way be judged. Do not condemn, and in no way you will be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

(Luk 6:38)  Give, and good measure will be given to you, pressed down and shaken together, and running over, they will give into your bosom. For the same measure which you measure, it will be measured back to you.

These words speak volumes of the character of the God we worship in Spirit and truth.  When that love is in us, this is what we will do towards others.  Not earthly carnal minded love, but the heavenly love that came down, and gave of Himself unselflessly, but to do the will of the Father.  To search for the will of the Father, to follow Christ, with His Spirit is love.

God bless,

Gary

chumkin

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 03:42:20 PM »

amen!!!

1Cr 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.
 love
chuckt/ aka euty
now known as chumkin :P

orion77

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 03:48:22 PM »

Hello chumkin, chuckt, aka euty.

Your are like an angel unaware, never knowing where you will pop up,   ;D ;D

Good to hear from ya,

God bless,

Gary

YellowStone

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 04:19:50 PM »

Oh boy do I have a lot to learn about love  ::)

Thanks for the great posts, and Bobby your comment about him still working on you proves that he loves you is so true.

I learned a lot today, not proud of how, but happy that I did.

Love conquers all, for what else is there?

Yellowstone

nbogosian

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 05:55:12 PM »

Yes - and I am happy to know that in loving others I am blessed because it is Christ that is doing it in me - and I couldn't think of anything more wonderful than to love others as Christ did.

Chris R

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 11:56:51 PM »

Yes - and I am happy to know that in loving others I am blessed because it is Christ that is doing it in me - and I couldn't think of anything more wonderful than to love others as Christ did.

Hi nbogosian,

What a wondeful truth!  Blessings to you, i hope you enjoy the fellowship here at bible-truths!

Peace

Chris R

chumkin

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 09:30:45 AM »

amen,

sometimes all it takes is a smile and warm greeting to the unknown.
 or just to let someone go in line before you.
 simple things that make other peoples day!!!

take out the trash for someone today ;-]

love
chuckt
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 09:31:13 AM by chumkin »

mongoose

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 01:02:40 PM »

YellowStone,
   Great thread!   :)  You are absolutely correct.  Love is all and God is love and oneday will be all in all.  Don't worry about whether this is
Airy-Fairy?

Who cares is definitely right!  We are definitely with you on this.  I have to say out of Babylon what I loved most was the end of the services "And the peace of God which passes all understanding keep your hearts and minds in the knowledge and love of Christ".  What a wonderful blessing it is to know that He loves us beyond reason and understanding.  And how fortunate are we when He uses us to show that love to others!  

Chuckt, I couldn't agree with you more.  You never know what effect you have on other people. Sometimes it is the little acts of love and compassion that can change someone's day or even life.  I know that has happened for me and am sure that those who did the kindness probably never thought a thing of it or were aware of what it meant to me. 

I pray that this forum will be a place where we can all come and learn from one another and love one another as Christ loves us.  We are so blessed and fortunate for the opportunity to fellowship and learn here.

mongoose

YellowStone

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 07:47:12 PM »

What a wonderful lot of posts :)

This IS what it is about, there can be no doubt about it. I think back to the old adages of "don't forget to feed the ducks!" or "don't forget to smell the roses." How many times passed have I walked straight by without even thinking of the beautiful things God has placed here on this earth for us. Instead of hearing noisy kids, I am now hearing children at play. Gentler words, helping out with a little more ensusiasm ??

The strangest thing has happened though, I can really feel when I am being pulled (or pulling myself to to speak) away from such love. I feel bad, really bad because I do not like what I see for a moment. Crazy isn't it, for what I see is what my friends, family and strangers have always seen. And I said Jesus was in my heart. Hardly, I should have said I've been doing my best to keep him out! :(

But who am I to fight the will of God, though I protest, I can never win. He, ever so lovingly has began removing the wool from my eyes and I tell you all, it's all fine that I see.

In all honesty, this last week has been very enlightening and I have grown a lot.

Thanks to you all :)

YellowStone

orion77

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 05:08:56 PM »

(Joh 15:9)  As the Father loved Me, I also loved you; continue in My love.

(Joh 15:10)  If you keep My commandments you will continue in My love, as I have kept My Father's commandments and continue in His love.

(Joh 15:11)  I have spoken these things to you that My joy may abide in you, and your joy may be full.

(Joh 15:12)  This is My commandment, that you love one another as I loved you.

(Joh 15:13)  Greater love than this has no one, that anyone should lay down his soul for his friends.

(Joh 15:14)  You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

(Joh 15:15)  I no longer call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his lord does. But I called you friends, because all things which I heard from My Father I made known to you.

(Joh 15:16)  You have not chosen Me, but I chose you out and planted you, that you should go and should bear fruit, and your fruit remain, that whatever you should ask the Father in My name, He may give you.

(Joh 15:17)  These things I command you, that you love one another.

He is the great example we are to follow.  Following Him in this way, while in this world is no easy matter.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.