bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: re new NT translation  (Read 4805 times)

chav

re new NT translation
« on: October 16, 2010, 03:38:29 PM »

Hi
has anyone come across this recent translation of the NT

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Jonathan+Mitchell%27s+Translation+of+the+New+Testament&x=0&y=0

Here are a some  examples

4. Who is constantly willing (continuously intending) all mankind (all men) to be saved (delivered; rescued; made healthy and whole), and (even) to come into a full, accurate, experiential and intimate knowledge of Truth (or: into a realization of [the] Truth),

10. for into this [end] are we constantly working hard unto weariness, and are continuously struggling in the contest (contending for the prize; other MSS: being reproached), because we have placed our expectation (hope) and thus rely upon a living God (or: upon [the] living God), Who is (exists being) [the] Savior (Deliverer; Rescuer; Restorer to health and wholeness) of all mankind ‑ especially of believers (of ones full of faith and trust; of faithful ones)!

16. And we have come by experience to know and have believed and are convinced of the Love which God has (holds) continuously within us. God exists continually being Love (God is Love), and the one continuously remaining (dwelling; abiding) within the Love, is continuously remaining (dwelling; abiding) within God ‑ and God constantly dwells (remains; abides) within him.

It is also available on line.

Dave

grapehound

Re: re new NT translation
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 04:02:08 PM »

Wow Dave, that looks pretty promising, thanks for the link Bro.
Must check it out.

Hope you and yours are happy and well.

Grape

grapehound

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 04:09:58 PM »

Oh oh!
I think this version may have aleady hit a brick in the road. I just read a line where Heaven is rendered   ' the Atmosphere' and 'the Sky'. Oops!
Sounds like a wobbly wheel already. ;D

servias

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 03:07:51 PM »

I think it might be a decent translation.  I looked at the translators website and he seemed to understands God's consuming fire for the most part... Thanks for  posting this.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 05:39:10 PM »

Hi Grape,
Isn't it true that there are three heavens mentioned and one is the sky or atmosphere where birds fly?
Bob

Oh oh!
I think this version may have aleady hit a brick in the road. I just read a line where Heaven is rendered   ' the Atmosphere' and 'the Sky'. Oops!
Sounds like a wobbly wheel already. ;D

grapehound

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 05:45:13 PM »

Yeah thanks Indiana, you're right!
Any chance I could claim that I was being derisory for comic effect? :)

Na, didn't think so! U got me Bob, I muffed it!  ;D

Thanks for being wide awake !

Grape

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 09:32:29 AM »

Happens to me too grape. Since coming to this site there have been a lot of things to 're-learn'. It's still going to take some time to get it all fleshed out. (pun intended) :D

Anyway, this bible translation sounds interesting. I was looking to get a copy of the concordant version also. Maybe I'll add that to my wish list for this Christmas.. hehe

grapehound

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 12:20:53 PM »

Thanks Shawn !
You' right on the mark about the re-learning angle, I've already walked into a few walls!  :-[
The most painful part though, is having an audience!
I'm sure glad it's you guys watching me and not Babylon!

It would be good to get Ray's take on this NT but I guess I'll wait for some opinions.
I'm always broke so I don't wanna smash my piggy for a lemon ! :)

Nice to hear ya bro.  8)

Blessings
Grape

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 12:41:23 PM »

Hey, i've felt led to post snippets of Ray's material on facebook. It hasn't always been received well by members of Babylon. In fact, I've lost a few 'friends', been called a heretic, etc etc

All worthy trials, my friend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.