bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's God been up to in my life?  (Read 4301 times)

EKnight

What's God been up to in my life?
« on: October 21, 2010, 10:47:21 PM »

Well, suffice it to say God's wrath has nothing on mine!!!  I am on the war path!  I am tired of saying "oh things could be worse" and " I am blessed in spite of all of my suffering"  Hogwash!!!!!  I have been an honest person, a generous person and my husband and I thanked God for all His blessings.  And what do I get for it????   Screwed!!!!!  The "age dating" test on my oil contaminated soil came back as having started to leak in 1991!!!!  Seven years before we bought the house!!!  And now I have to pay for it and God only knows how much 8 years of a leaking oil tank will cost to clean up.  I have a hard time believing that the people who sold us this house didn't know about the problem.  We should have known better and had the soil tested before we bought but that does not negate the fact that our lawyer, house inspector, realtor, oil company and sellers, should have alerted us to the risk.  But no, everyone just wants their piece of the pie at ALL costs!!!!  Oh how I wish there was a hell!!!!!!

Eileen

grapehound

Re: What's God been up to in my life?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 11:42:12 PM »

Amen Janine.

Eileen, Im so sorry to hear your news.  :(
You're in our prayers.

Bless you dear Sister.

Grape
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 09:05:52 PM by grapehound »

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 12:35:44 PM »

Dear Eileen:  I came on-line this morning because I wanted to see if there was any word about your oil tests; I do empathize with you about the results; I will continue to pray for you as Janine has stated ``for his peace to take over``

lauriellen

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 08:04:24 PM »

dear eileen,
i just wanted to say that i know there are no words that any of us here can say that will take away your pain and anger. I just want you to know that there are many here who understand your pain, anger & bitterness at the unfairness and sufferring that we must at times endure in this life. God has brought you to the place you are, for reasons known only to Him, and only God can heal your pain and replace your bitterness and anger with peace & joy. I am beginning to let go of my anger & pain, getting alittle peace, but still have miles to travel before i get to the joy part....please remember that we are all on the same journey, just taking different roads trying to get to the same place, which i believe is ABSOLUTE TOTAL dependance on God to be our All in All....as Ray states so beautifully in so many of his writings, ALL of this physical stuff is going to PASS AWAY, it has NO LASTING VALUE, and we must learn to let it go, if that is what God requires of us. I am learning to let go of the physical and it is a very painful experience. i have lost much. i know i will loose ALL to gain Christ.  i only pray that He will give me (and all of us here) the strength to let it go, even to death, if & when the time comes. i am praying for you and all of us here, as i don't believe any of us are going to have an easy row to hoe from here on out.

blessings to you,
lauriellen

grapehound

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 08:06:39 PM »

So saddened to hear of Mike's demise Santikos.
How awful for that poor young widow and her children.
They're in our prayers Santi, as are you and your boys, for the loss of a good friend.
I pray for God's peace in all your hearts, in the fullness of time.

In Deepest Sympathy,

Grape

EKnight

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 08:49:15 PM »

I spoke with the guy who has been working on the tank abandonment.  He was very encouraging but I am not that optimistic.  It seems when people say God closes one door he opens another.  In my case it seems every door is slamming shut on me.  I have been grateful for the little things but the bad things seem to just get worse.

There is a family that i get along with very well. our kids play on the same team or against each other every season. my and the father of the other 2 children always seek each other at the field and enjoy watching our kids play. we also made plans to coach the team together this coming spring. well i recieve a call from his wife and after a few second of how is my friend doing, she begins to sob and tells me " i just buried Michael last night". I was flabergasted to say the least. She told me that the reason she is calling me was that since me and mike were good friends at baseball, she wanted me to be sure that her son continues in baseball. i was honored for that tasking, but saddened for her loss.

I am sure that if she had to choose between dirty soil or her husbands death she would choose the former. P.S. He was very young.

i hope this will allow you to see that it will get better,

This whole tank thing might not seem so awful to me if I had not also lost my husband unexpectedly 7 months ago.  I have no one to share this emotional and financial burden with. 

Santikos, please don't think that I am so shallow as to know what a minor thing this oil tank problem might appear to be.  It is just but a drop in the bucket of sorrows and trials I have endured this past year and half.  My anger stems from a culmination of these trials. 

Eileen

grapehound

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 09:03:37 PM »

Amen John; hang in there Eileen, all things must pass.

x

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 08:27:37 AM »

Psa 30:5  For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

Linny

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 11:33:19 PM »

Eileen, although our trials have been nothing compared to your loss, I want you to know you are not alone. I can't even list the things that have happened to us this year alone that have been a constant source of stress to my husband expecially. I worry about his health as he doesn't sleep and is in a constant state of anger at the world. I know how difficult this life can be. Praying for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.